Sim craft with Kindling

Hey guys,

Anyone else here notice how high the Haste stat weight is when you Sim yourself with Kindling talented? I know it's to get more casts of to lower Combustion cool down etc; but just wondering if anyone takes off Kindling when getting Sim stat weights to reduce the amount of Haste it tells us to get? Or is it really worth it to take Haste with Kindling but obviously leaving Crit a priority still?

Just don't feel like the Sims I get on myself are putting me in the right direction. My dps is always fine just want to optimise my gear "better".

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure of sims, but i know that some mages are stacking haste after getting the marquee bindings. Said mages are probably running kindling too.

Yeah I understand Haste more so with the Bindings to get quicker pyros off. I don't have the Bindings though so I'm just weighing up if Haste is worth it purely for Kindling. My Sim recommended gear put my at like 59crit 12haste 17mastery 4vers. Where I was running 63crit 6haste 18 Mastery and 5vers roughly just before I changed my gear.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Yeah I understand Haste more so with the Bindings to get quicker pyros off. I don't have the Bindings though so I'm just weighing up if Haste is worth it purely for Kindling. My Sim recommended gear put my at like 59crit 12haste 17mastery 4vers. Where I was running 63crit 6haste 18 Mastery and 5vers roughly just before I changed my gear.
    It all depends on the simulation's length. When more haste results in at least one extra combustion during an X minute fight, haste's value skyrockets. You'll have to decide whether that's the case in practical situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    It all depends on the simulation's length. When more haste results in at least one extra combustion during an X minute fight, haste's value skyrockets. You'll have to decide whether that's the case in practical situations.
    Yeah this is something I wouldn't have realised until someone said it, I lack common sense like that, thanks!

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

There is two things that makes haste better than crit at times,
    One is fitting one more pyro into combust phase, and the other one is one more combust on the fight, so yeah, haste is pretty good, gives you constant damage (due to you using more fireballs, more pyros and etc) and might give you alot of burst (if you get another combust on a 3 combust fight for example).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dionim View Post
    There is two things that makes haste better than crit at times,
    One is fitting one more pyro into combust phase, and the other one is one more combust on the fight, so yeah, haste is pretty good, gives you constant damage (due to you using more fireballs, more pyros and etc) and might give you alot of burst (if you get another combust on a 3 combust fight for example).
    No, no,no. Haste is NEVER, EVER, better than crit. No single stat, is ever better than crit.

The stat priority for single target for most people will be:

Crit >>> Haste = Versa >>> Mastery

and for AoE

Mastery = Crit >>> Haste = Versatility

thus overall stat priority you can definitely go with:

Crit >>> Haste = Versa = Mastery

No, no,no. Haste is NEVER, EVER, better than crit. No single stat, is ever better than crit.
    Dude just explaining why simC sometimes put haste over crit, not saying it is better, and yes it happened to me at times, wierd right?

Quote Originally Posted by dionim View Post
    Dude just explaining why simC sometimes put haste over crit, not saying it is better, and yes it happened to me at times, wierd right?
    It was explained:

Simcraft shows stat weights based on the value that you'd get from the next 100(default) of each stat. If you gain more DPS from the next 100 Haste(A breakpoint) than you do from the next 100 Crit, then yes, Haste has more DPS value than crit within those next 100 points. This is a factor that is not reliant on fight length.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystos View Post
    Simcraft shows stat weights based on the value that you'd get from the next 100(default) of each stat. If you gain more DPS from the next 100 Haste(A breakpoint) than you do from the next 100 Crit, then yes, Haste has more DPS value than crit within those next 100 points. This is a factor that is not reliant on fight length.
    Which is not what I meant.

Again, common sense is of importance here; First of all, crit will reign supreme as long as core class mechanics remain unchanged. Secondly, haste devalues quite rapidly if you can't fit another combustion within the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystos View Post
    it uses 3*haste_conversion as the delta, not 100. so right now it should be 975.