Deleted

Post Ulthalesh soul and Wrath of Consumption doesn't gain after kill adds

I tried to use affliction spec in new Raid TOV. During the last boss Helya 's fight, there are lots of adds. but Ulthalesh's soul number doesn't increased after killing this adds. should it works? also during Ursoc fight in Mythic mode, killing the bear add(+ Nightmare Image) doesn't increase soul, neither the Wrath of Consumption buff (After you kill a target, your damage over time effects deal 2% increased damage for the next 20 sec, stacking up to 5 times.)

This is really a serious bug for affi warlock. If affi lock's dps has to be the last one in single target, then plz at least make the artifact features works as expected during boss fight with adds.

Deleted
    I guess it would be to op if it works on Raidbosses.

I was unable to get shards or stacks from the Slime Blobs from Breath on Helya.. but I most certainly did on the P2 adds. I plan to report it as I feel they should. Not being able to get any stacks until phase 2 is bad, when you get 5 adds to kill every ~50s. Losing out on Souls, WC Stacks, and Shards (if DS which people probably aren't)
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2016-11-11 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    I guess it would be to op if it works on Raidbosses.
    It will be op if this feature exist in shaow priest or mages arti. but we are affi locks. It is because we don't have other strong abilities then blz designers give us Ulthalesh and Wrath of Consumptions features so that affi lock can have better performance in boss fights with adds. and how can they say "Ok, this might be too op, let's cut this feature completely because there are too much adds?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not new for adds to not 'count' towards on-death type mechanics. There's definitely a lot of per encounter inconsistency though, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's really dreadful design when you consider that for a long time 'consistency' is why we didn't get PvP and PvE separation.

Deleted
    i think shards is another thing which depends on the number(and duration time) of Agony on adds.
    But for stacks of souls for Reap Souls and WC buffs, it should works as the tooltip explains. Or blz should officially explain that which kind of boss counters should they stacks as expect and which doesn't stack. otherwise i think this is a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not new for adds to not 'count' towards on-death type mechanics. There's definitely a lot of per encounter inconsistency though, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's really dreadful design when you consider that for a long time 'consistency' is why we didn't get PvP and PvE separation.
    agree. a main feature in arti weapon cannot work as expected. what affi lock need is not only 5% or 10% buff on spell damages, but a serious design.

Did Helya normal last night and it worked for me, sadly I didn't pay much attention on the slimes to confirm what Soulzar is saying, but I know they did soul flame on death(still not sure about reap or woc stacks). P2 adds, each one of them provide everything as they should, woc stacks, reap stacks, and they soul flame on death.
    I found Helya pretty fun to play affliction on but even with that big aoe with p2 adds the spec just seems so undertunned.
    When I checked my dmg done after the fight, my UA with 10x mastery proc on Stormbringer Fulmination Charge trinket, which results in 6930 mastery increase, hit LESS than any of the spriests dots...??????
    We are masters of dots and our most dmg done dot is weaker than almost any other spec? I like to compare spriest and afflock a lot, I know that no one spec can be compared with another, but if we're going with "fantasy" as blizzard says they are, afflictions dots must be strongest or fastest in the game, will see what Ion has to say on next Q&A tonight I guess.
    TLDR: Spec is undertunned, artifact doesn't work as intended (if they inteded that our strongest traits work only when something dies, or that our dots are one of the weakest in the game, then I guess I was playing the wrong class this whole time).

You don't get souls from killing players in pvp even with killing blow, however you get woc stack for anything dying with your dot on them. But you're playing affliction and it's been like that from start of legion so they will not give a damn about it.

not surprising, the whole artifact is just poorly designed, two of the golden talents don't even proc unless mobs die and harvester of souls is so weak it accounts for probably about 2% damage. I want to play affliction but it's too frustrating at the moment, i've heard you need the legendary hood to get at least decent dps.

Whole affliction artifact inferior to single shadow priests spell called voidform. They will not fix it.