Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

""Some of the talents that everyone is taking are going to be baked into the class.""

Some of the talents that everyone is taking are going to be baked into the class.
    HYpe is real fr=or us !

I can see stuff like backdraft being backed back into conflag and Hand of Doom being backed into hand of gul dan

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 Affliction gets baseline Soul Effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    I can see stuff like backdraft being backed back into conflag and Hand of Doom being backed into hand of gul dan
    forgot the most obvious one : Reverse entropy.

Deleted
    I really would love Reverse Entropy being baseline. I mean it would make Life Tap meaningless, but to be fair I think Life Tap is an outdated mechanic for 2016. I know class fantasy and stuff but naaahh.

RE + Mana Tap would make an awesome combination ^^

Deleted
    Soul Effigy being baseline. I guarantee it
    I trust in Bli², they always find an"amazing" way to surprise us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    I doubt we will see backdraft baseline. If it was then roaring blaze would have to be removed. Backdraft requires you to space your conflagrates out and roaring blaze requires you to use them back to back. It would be very bad design if they were both available.

I guess it's possible roaring blaze could say "conflagrate no longer procs backdraft but now......" alongside a buff since you're now sacrificing backdraft baseline to get it. Either way I'm excited to see what Blizz have in store! At this point any talents going baseline will be good news.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I feel like we have more mandatory talents than any other spec, except they are situational too.

To see how bad it actually is, even giving us SE basiline would be pretty good, since you'd be able to take PS in M+ and be covered arround 50% of the pulls done in the instance.

Speaking of that, which time is the Q&A today?

Drain soul and Siphon life should be baseline for affliction. not because everybody takes them, but because i feel they add key elements to its play style. Sniping shards from adds since UA spender becomes boring if you have to use it sparingly. No reason to ever have us drop down to one dot (prma corruption and no siphon life)... or go up to 3. The core gameplay should be more stable than that with all baseline dots.. with talents to empower those.. not add them.

I prefer the playstyle of Backdraft/Erradication uptime more than that of Roaring Blaze. Again another talent that changes the flow of the rotation more than I feel talents should. Wreak Havoc may as well be baseline for what I use Destro for as an offspec, but it is a great example of a talent which empowers a baseline skill.. so no complaints there.

Demo, Hand of Doom baseline is really a no brainer. The spec doesn't play well without it as way too much is dependant on spreading dooms with certain talents. Demonbolt probably should be baseline as well.

Teleport baseline for all specs.. not moved into a row that allows it to become baseline... like wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    So they will just un-prune the classes and call themselves geniuses?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In before it's demonic circle and soul conduit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I can't wait to see how this turns out. I feel like we have more mandatory talents than any other spec, except they are situational too.

To see how bad it actually is, even giving us SE basiline would be pretty good, since you'd be able to take PS in M+ and be covered arround 50% of the pulls done in the instance.

Speaking of that, which time is the Q&A today?
    in roughly 2 hours !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    No! NOOOOOOOOO!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Please, don't say that outloud

Deleted
    Well we'll see.

Get rid of this stupid 5 single stacks spammable UA bullshit that uses all our GCDs and give us a proper rotation again. Put your 3 or 4 dots on the target, filler spell, give a proc of nightfall or something to give us something else to do and call it fucking good. Who decided that the WOTLK playstyle of affliction was bad?

This change alone takes care of our annoying as fuck ramp up time which would make multi boss fights/add fights less of a pain in the ass as well (2 quality of life fixes in 1!) Giving us less UA spam makes it so you don't have to ponder about what to do with talents like soul swap or soul effigy.

I haven't raided since Cata and during Legion I'm sitting here wondering what the problem was having an execute? When and why was it decided that we never have an option at any point in any fight to have a 'feel strong' moment? This actually feels worse than BC shadowbolt spam because we've been shown how FUN AND ENGAGING affliction has the potential to be!!

Since we can't expect much of a rework that I would like ... how about give us the honor talent Amplify Afflictions as baseline so we can ramp up just a bit faster. Is that too much to ask? (Like when amplify curse was our talent choice)

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I doubt we will see backdraft baseline. If it was then roaring blaze would have to be removed. Backdraft requires you to space your conflagrates out and roaring blaze requires you to use them back to back. It would be very bad design if they were both available.

I guess it's possible roaring blaze could say "conflagrate no longer procs backdraft but now......" alongside a buff since you're now sacrificing backdraft baseline to get it. Either way I'm excited to see what Blizz have in store! At this point any talents going baseline will be good news.
    In that case I think they would bring back the old backdraft with charge system instead of time and let multiple backdrafts stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about sow the seeds/ siphon life?

Having to choose between those is just stupid :/

What i'm seeing is going to happen (ok probably like 5% of it will happen):

Drain soul - baseline (i'm fine with DL though). Free shards from adds will greatly increase UA overall dmg.
    Haunt - it will be removed, redesigned or buffed (let's not forget it's 800% spd but it doesn't scale from mastery). Less than 2-3% of players are using Haunt atm.
    Mana Tap - man i hope this thing will be removed or redesigned for good. Only used in destro pvp atm.
    Demonic circle is the most picked talent for both pvp and pve in it's tier for every spec. (except destr pvp) It was a bad idea to make it into a talent in the first place.
    Soul harvest - i wish there to be more situations where we could use this talent in pve. Pretty popular talent in pvp though.

Reverse Entropy - should be baseline in the first place. Because fuck mana management and 3 sec CB cast that hits for fraction of what it used to be in MoP and WoD (mostly mastery fault)
    Channel Demonfire - Single target nuke when we already have chaos bolt. With legendaries and shard proc traits we can almost spam CB atm. Talent should be buffed or redesigned.

Shadowburn - I really really want SB back as a baseline ability. I have to say i miss SB sniping very much. I really want some talent or legendary to get that gameplay back. Say a talent that would double SB damage but it can only be used if your target at 20% or lower hp.

Also it would be great to have Soulshatter back. (or some other form of aggro reset like aggro reset through demonic circle or gate)
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2016-11-12 at 01:13 PM.

Here's to baseline circle again so we can get past this whole mobility crap, not that anyone was picking circle in pvp anyways.

I'd go for demon skin baseline if the circle thing doesn't happen though, might not be that big of a deal for demo coz they've got SL but affli/destro could really use the survival in pvp, they could just add dark bargain again where demon skin currently is.

Make burning rush a CD that has a health cost while removing the HPS factor , let's say 20-30 secs cd and lasts for 5 secs (movement speed boost the same as live ) whilst adding a "spells can be cast while moving during burning rush" would make this talent certainly more viable in pvp, although it could be somewhat broken for raids. I'd just settle for the no HP , small cd and duration instead of the outdated hp drain factor that sux.