Arcane mage burn/conserve phases

Can someone explain to me how arcane works, on fights longer than 2 mins I struggle to break 250k. From what I gather you burn through your mana, evocate, dump mana again. And from there with the legs do I 1 arcane charge-> barrage until I'm back to 80+% mana? I read that you're suppose to keep up quickening but then isn't barraging bad since you wont have the stacks for the next burn?
    Is the opener 4 blast -> mark of aluneth -> RoP -> nether tempest -> arcane power -> mana dump -> evocate -> RoP -> mana dump. Is it only optimal to use nether tempest at 4 charges? Thanks in advance.

Ilvl 863 with legs
    20% crit
    15% haste
    43% mast
    5% vers

Use charge up, you can start at 4 charge and do instant 16% mana Abarr
    The strategy is rather straight forward with kilt
    Burn>evo>burn,
    then abarr to full mana and repeat the burn evo burn phase
    I'm 860 and I do 270~290k for 100 mil dummy dps test without blood lust or other buffs and i don't have a legendary
    I believe you should be able to push 300k+ with said strategy
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-11-12 at 08:37 PM.

I believe the optimal arcane rotation ATM is the Abarr-less conserve phase that lets you max out on quickening. I'd recommend looking up a detailed guide for it though.

I believe the gist is standard burn->evo->am to prevent quickening from falling off, and then only cast AB/AM right before the quickening stacks fall so you conserve your mana and quickening charges for next arcane power burn phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So the Abarr-less start still applies if you have the legs? I know the guide on if you don't have the legs how to keep up quickening but it's how people are playing with the legs I'm confused about.

No it doesn't, sorry didn't seee you mentioned you have legs
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.