Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm kind of mad about frostfire rememberance

Every mage and their mother seems to have the fire sword special appearance, but the frost modification I've seen precisely ONCE in the wild. It seems harder to get. People can farm the felomelorn hidden skin, the portal? not so much.

It's an eff you to frost mages. So mad.

Tbh I'd rather have a harder to earn artifact appearance. Was excited when I got my fire one early and now every man and his dog has it and it doesn't feel special anymore.

Look for the good in the bad.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

If it helps, if you unlock one of the other Appearance, complete one of the Unlocks required for it, (1000 Honor Kills, 200 World Quests, or 100 Dungeons) you unlock the skin for every hidden artifact appearance of this tier. You might not get the default skin, but at least you can unlock one of its variables. Could help you enjoy it before it inevitably gets hot fixed.

from AK 4 to AK 14 now, checked the stairs every single day for the emote, never gotten one.

"fun" - blizz , 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    If it helps, if you unlock one of the other Appearance, complete one of the Unlocks required for it, (1000 Honor Kills, 200 World Quests, or 100 Dungeons) you unlock the skin for every hidden artifact appearance of this tier. You might not get the default skin, but at least you can unlock one of its variables. Could help you enjoy it before it inevitably gets hot fixed.
    It's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    What?

You can't unlock the other Frostfire appearances without having Frostfire in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    What?

You can't unlock the other Frostfire appearances without having Frostfire in the first place.
    You can unlock the other color variants, but you can't use them until you get the main one first.

I was mistaken
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-11-13 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You can unlock the other color variants, but you can't use them until you get the main one first.
    You need to have Frostfire equipped to even gain progress toward the other variants. I've done well over 200 dungeons (regular mythic, mythic+) and well over 200 world quests and haven't unlocked any of the variants.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can though, I use my Vengeance DHs without having the base because it drops from a once a day boss.

Go to forge with weapon that has the appearance unlocked, shift+right click other artifact in your bag. Win.

I've had my weapon set since before 7.1, but I don't think they fixed this as my weapon kept the hidden model.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-11-13 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have the frostfire default appearance but i have the awesome blue one for 1k honor kills or w/e it is.. so i can equip it with that appearance.. so yeah, u can use them if u dont have the 'base' variant.

(i have the fire hidden artifact, so i guessed that 'shares' the progress on other hidden skins)
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

You need to have Frostfire equipped to even gain progress toward the other variants. I've done well over 200 dungeons (regular mythic, mythic+) and well over 200 world quests and haven't unlocked any of the variants.
    But if you unlock the secondary colors on the fire/arcane one then you automatically get the frost one.

I was mistaken earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    -snip-
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    -snip-

I stand corrected. I misunderstood the system.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-11-13 at 05:19 PM.

But if you unlock the secondary colors on the fire/arcane one then you automatically get the frost one.

I was mistaken earlier.

I stand corrected. I misunderstood the system.
    You are telling me if I get the hidden Fire skin and complete the unlocks, say the PVP one, it will unlock the Frost one? Honestly that shit makes no sense but I guess I will try it.

You are telling me if I get the hidden Fire skin and complete the unlocks, say the PVP one, it will unlock the Frost one? Honestly that shit makes no sense but I guess I will try it.
    Yeah you unlock those colors but not the original one.

Yeah you unlock those colors but not the original one.

And I will be able to equip it?

And I will be able to equip it?
    Yeah, I tried it out on my mage to make sure.

Deleted
    m+ doesn't count towards it. I have a grand total of 3/100 on my Felo'Melorn because I don't do +0's on my mage.. It's fine that quests need to be completed on +0, but I don't think it makes much sense for this..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    m+ doesn't count towards it. I have a grand total of 3/100 on my Felo'Melorn because I don't do +0's on my mage.. It's fine that quests need to be completed on +0, but I don't think it makes much sense for this..
    Don't give bad information, of course m+ counts towards the 100 dungons hidden skin; I completed it in three days spamming boosts with my group.

Deleted
    10charzwwwwwww
    Last edited by mmocffe5ed6b2e; 2016-11-14 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    Oh, ok. I'll let you give false information instead then.
    Don't imply that I'm lying when in fact I'm right. Or my account is bugged.

EDIT: I have been bitching enough to everyone in guild and friends so know that it's not counting.

Otherwise it's a problem with the macro I use to track it.
    There's a problem with the macro + the tracking seems to be buggy.
    My tracker stopped working at 64 dungeons. The tracker of a friend of mine stopped at 1 for a long time. Then she figured out that the tracker somehow only tracked BRH runs for her..

This part of the achievement seems to be very buggy sometimes..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    There's a problem with the macro + the tracking seems to be buggy.
    My tracker stopped working at 64 dungeons. The tracker of a friend of mine stopped at 1 for a long time. Then she figured out that the tracker somehow only tracked BRH runs for her..

This part of the achievement seems to be very buggy sometimes..
    That's great news. Thanks!