Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard has confirmed they failed at Hunter Class/Spec Design - class mounts

These are not exact quotes but generalisations.

Blizzard in legion beta "Each spec should feel different and have its own identity. Specs should be tied to class fantasy."

Blizzard now " All hunters are the same so we are only making one mount"

Your thoughts? I find this very...frustrating. No idea the story behind this but i hope at least its a taming quest.

There are a lot of ideas but one perfect example of spec uniqueness is BM could tame a "spirit beast mount"

EDIT: If it is only color variation then i retract this.
    Last edited by Banard; 2016-11-14 at 03:32 PM.

Oh boy here we go again. There just isn't enough diversity between the 3 specs that would warrant a different mount color(re-skin).

They said they had planned different ones for at least mages. Why? Because Mages have 3 very distinct specs, Fire(Red), Frost(Blue) and Arcane(Purple). Their manhole cover will be Red, Blue or Purple depending on their spec.

What would change with Hunter mount?

You are paraphrasing now, hunters at the core of the class fantasy aren't different enough to warrant different mounts for each spec, like mages for example where the mount has a different trail behind it based on spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

The current model fits well with surv hunters...BM should get a "spirit beast" look...spirit beast have been the calling card of the spec since wotlk. MM hunters with the "bow lore" and the artifact should get some type of cat considering the "ties" to the elves.

That is just one suggestion and the community can give 1000 more.

And ohhh boy we should go again. Short end of the stick is always the short end of the stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    You are paraphrasing now, hunters at the core of the class fantasy aren't different enough to warrant different mounts for each spec, like mages for example where the mount has a different trail behind it based on spec.

and mages should be complaining too. There is quite a bit of difference in fire/arcane/frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    The current model fits well with surv hunters...BM should get a "spirit beast" look...spirit beast have been the calling card of the spec since wotlk. MM hunters with the "bow lore" and the artifact should get some type of cat considering the "ties" to the elves.

That is just one suggestion and the community can give 1000 more.

And ohhh boy we should go again. Short end of the stick is always the short end of the stick.

and mages should be complaining too. There is quite a bit of difference in fire/arcane/frost.
    No class is getting 3 different mounts. They get 1 mount that changes color between the specs if even that(they are still deciding on that).

So I have no fucking idea where you even get this idea that "Hunters get the short end of the stick", because nothing currently out there implies that we did.

No class is getting 3 different mounts. They get 1 mount that changes color between the specs if even that(they are still deciding on that).

So I have no fucking idea where you even get this idea that "Hunters get the short end of the stick", because nothing currently out there implies that we did.
    I have read that the mounts are spec related and only certain class are getting "one mount"....either on this front page or on wow head.

Blizzard in legion beta "Each spec should feel different and have its own identity. Specs should be tied to class fantasy."

Your thoughts? I find this very...frustrating. No idea the story behind this but i hope at least its a taming quest.

There are a lot of ideas but one perfect example of spec uniqueness is BM could tame a "spirit beast mount"
    What? Class fantasy is great with hunters! I'm a marksman/sniper so naturally I toss snakes at my enemy and spam bullets all over the place and pray some of them hit some thing. Thats what snipers do, yeah? Oh and when I really want to "snipe" that single target I call on a pack of crows...

BM has a pet just like MM... wait, no? What does BM do again?

And survival, I mean... They have traps right?

Ok, when I come to think about it, I have no idea what Blizzard had in mind when they came up with the Legion specs for hunter. It's clear that making each and every one of them less fun and engaging was one of the goals however and they succeed well with that.

I don't give a shit about mounts though. The only one that looked a bit cool was the shaman one.

I agree that they failed with spec design but who cares about mounts seriously?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=257423/b...d-class-mounts

see the twitter quotes from watcher.

They didn't admit shit. Bad clickbait is bad. A Hunter is always a hunter, even if they're melee or not using a pet. A Shadow Priest is vastly different from a Holy/Disc priest, and as such it makes no sense for them to ride a Holy looking creature which is why their mount gets a Shadowy version as well.

BM = Ranged firing arrows/bullets and using pets.
    SV = Melee using pets
    MM = Ranged not relying on a pet, but can use them if he wants to.

No healing, no tanking... How the hell could the already UNIQUE class mount be changed to reflect the fact that 1 spec is melee and the other 2 are not? Moronic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I agree that they failed with spec design but who cares about mounts seriously?
    Thousands upon thousands of people that aren't you? Or maybe they created all those Mount collection achievements because they were bored?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-14 at 03:27 PM.

Oh boy here we go again. There just isn't enough diversity between the 3 specs that would warrant a different mount color(re-skin).

They said they had planned different ones for at least mages. Why? Because Mages have 3 very distinct specs, Fire(Red), Frost(Blue) and Arcane(Purple). Their manhole cover will be Red, Blue or Purple depending on their spec.

This.
    Hunters don't have their specs associated with colour the way mages, death knights, and shadow priests are.

It's not like they're really going to make separate models for specs. The Shadow Priest gets a shadowy model, rather than one shining with the Holy Light, because Shadow and Light are opposites.

Hunter specs aren't meant to be opposites.

Even the Mage mounts probably aren't getting reskins. It would be awesome for Frost Mages to get a platform that matches the color scheme of the Blue Dragonflight's floating platform. But as I hear it, all that's going to change is the color of the sparkles the platform leaves in its wake.

The class mounts aren't meant to be unique to spec. Some are getting some different particle effects so they fit their specs theme better. No hunter spec has a color theme to them. The same goes for most class specs.

7+ Year Old Account

M8 the only reason why some classes are getting different colours on their mounts, is because their specs use different schools of magic. Hunters all use the same "wild" abilities, so they are all in the same school. You are not getting the short end of the stick, because you are in the same boat as everybody else, who has not a sharp difference between each spec.

There are some classes, which i think should get a specific coloured mount for their spec, but hunters are not among them. The Wild Windrider is a perfect mounts for all specs, who have home in the lodge of Highmountain.

Extra note: and OP is using the tweets in a fake way. Ion has never said, that they failed at spec design.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-11-14 at 03:29 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Thousands upon thousands of people that aren't you? Or maybe they created all those Mount collection achievements because they were bored?
    What's the point having 200+ mounts? Why has WoW turned into a effin collectible game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's the point having 200+ mounts? Why has WoW turned into a effin collectible game?
    MMORPG's have always been catering to long-term goals and collections, not sure how it's eluded you this long. "What's the point"? What's the bloody point of playing games in the first place you might as well ask... Soo, wtf are you doing on a game forum?

WoW hasn't "turned" into an "effin collectible game", you can play it only pursuing the next epix or Honorable kill if that keeps you entertained just fine. WoW has ALWAYS had collectibles though alongside the current fleeting content and gear treadmill.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-14 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    The Hunter community has become so whiny, it's sickening.

OP is smoking good crack today if he thinks blizzard are going to make 36 mounts for 36 specs.

What did you want? A flying Hunter trap, a Vereesa surfboard, and Thok with a jetpack?

I think its fine and fits thematically with Hunter.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    The Hunter community has become so whiny, it's sickening.
    ALL class communities are whiny, get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    What did you want? A flying Hunter trap, a Vereesa surfboard, and Thok with a jetpack?
    I thought the idea of hunters needing mount variants was silly until I read this - now I want a jetpack dinosaur.