Thread: Collision

Collision

Simple question: should there be collision between players?

Any caster player has experienced this: trying to cast something to a melee that's training you is near impossible. I'm OK with interrupts and CC, but I find it very unfair that a melee can deal permanent damage to you because he can move as he deals damage, but you can't get a cast off on him because he constantly runs through you and by the time the cast is complete you get a "Target needs to be in front of you"...

If collision existed, at least you can follow and turn to your target, and sometimes you'll fail the cast, but it wouldn't be as easy as it is right now.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    First thing some will say is L2 mouse turn, quit being a KB turner...but I'd be good with collision if for nothing else than realism. In a real fight you don't run through your opponent. Same for LoS or casting/hitting through walls, pillars, et cetera and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    First thing some will say is L2 mouse turn, quit being a KB turner...
    Even if you aren't a KB turner and if you're good with mouse turning, more often than not it's easy to end not facing the target.

But yeah, I get your point of realism.

Shouldn't be trying to hard cast anything if their sitting on your dick anyway usually. Especially if they have a kick up. It's op against people who can't turn well I guess haha.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

i think there needs to be. but i also believe that if someone casts a spell at you that has a travel time, and you move behind a wall, the spell should LOS and hit the wall, not go through it and hit you anyways.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    i think there needs to be. but i also believe that if someone casts a spell at you that has a travel time, and you move behind a wall, the spell should LOS and hit the wall, not go through it and hit you anyways.
    Would be amazing to implement in the game if they could. But can you imagine the Los/box hugging insanity that would happen haha. New meta would be all melee.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Would be amazing to implement in the game if they could. But can you imagine the Los/box hugging insanity that would happen haha. New meta would be all melee.
    thats how it is now. ive watched videos of arenas done in the dalaran sewers. especially for 2s. 4 people running around a pile of boxes trying to kill each other.

thats how it is now. ive watched videos of arenas done in the dalaran sewers. especially for 2s. 4 people running around a pile of boxes trying to kill each other.
    Yeah its already ridiculous enough. I'm just imagining the people who would stand on a corner and poke to dodge constantly haha.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

15+ Year Old Account
    God I hate those boxes.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Stand in a corner and pop evasion as a Rogue.

I've played games with collision and it's not as fun as you'd think, if you're after realism perhaps you should play something that isn't world of warcraft.

Collision would kill pve and is absolutely impossible in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    no its not. there are npcs with collision, and npcs without. they can very well turn on collision just for PVP, but not in the entire world. Granted it would be different on a technical scale for moving characters, but it is possible.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-11-15 at 02:02 PM.

I like collision on Tera. Too bad that game had the wretched stagger mechanic.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

Not really, WoW is just a very hand holding game, thats the issue

Collision would absolutely feel better in combat situations but it's something that can be too easily abused to grief players. Although this problem could easily be solved by only having collision in arenas and rated battlegrounds.Maybe even having collision for enemies only for casual pvp since you'd be more likely to be griefed by teammates in casual.

Stop this thread right now because they will change spells wich do not require you to face your target (UA, VT, Poly, Fear, etc) to also have this requirement!

Seriously now... Yes, you need to be better at turning while you cast, and yes, like someone above said, it's really OP against casters who don't really know how to turn, like new players, or players who don't PvP a lot, BUT... a newbie melee will ALWAYS have this advantage vs. a newbie caster, so this argument is beyond invalid. In any case, unless you're Ultron you cannot completely finish your cast EVERY single time goddamn time NO matter how good you are at turning, so the problem still exist, and will exist forever. Move on before... see first sentence.