Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As I said, this is what we've been patiently waiting for. After the stats on items and all the things with secondary stats / talents / legendary items are done, which seems like it might be in this PTR update, then we can start actually playtesting and analyzing numbers for all three of our specs. Historically, Blizzard have always been very protective of their talent changes and mostly follow their own design goals or plans, sometimes with some private feedback from specific people. That's one of the reasons why people feel that their feedback on talents and abilities isn't being heard. It's being heard, but it's also being ignored on purpose because they want to see how their ideas play out.

But when this is all done, the numbers become relevant and we can be much more useful as players at this point. Testing talent combinations, testing gameplay, testing damage done. Once the next PTR build is officially out, then we can compare numbers.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I've got ~7% crit back. Still about 10% less than on live, but at 50% crit it's quite manageable
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah with the change to my Lego Helm, my burst feels just as meaty as it did before.
    Im happy with how hard im hitting, also im glad i didnt start dumping too much into frost.
    Im doing higher damage with fire in my current gear than I am with frost.
    So keen for empowered spellblade!

Deleted
    The massive crit reduction makes standing there for 4seconds with the bracers casting only to see pyro hit non-crit for 900k feel bad, especially as no ice floes means you could stand there for almost the whole 4.5seconds, then have to move at the last moment, and take a massive dps loss.

I am sure Blizzard thinks this is "interesting gameplay" due to "interesting choices". Yeah the choice is I won't use the bracer in a raid environment.

Koralon's Burning Touch - Scorch deals 350% increased damage and is a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 30% health.

I might actually use its effect now.
    The way its worded, does that mean always 350% and gains the crit at 30% or gains both effects at 30%? Going to assume both below 30%.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-12-06 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Koralon's Burning Touch - Scorch deals 350% increased damage and is a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 30% health.

I might actually use its effect now.
    The way its worded, does that mean always 350% and gains the crit at 30% or gains both effects at 30%? Going to assume both below 30%.
    I think both effects only take place on a sub 30% target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    Yeah with the change to my Lego Helm
    What change?

Deleted
    that belt buff is disgustingly good

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post

What change?
    Sorry, not a change, but a talent to make it 100% crit and procs heating up.

Deleted
    I really dont think fire is wrecked in the new build. Arcane got a decent nerf ! And if you were lucky to get the legendary belt. Just pick incanters flow and play a nice execute phase.
    Maybe with Dragonsbreath Legy u wont pick Flame On anymore. But thats something you gotta try out.

have fun boyz, fire is still alive

Deleted
    Yeah guys, just drop one specific legendary item to not suck, no biggie, they drop like candy so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedro View Post
    Arcane got a decent nerf
    Pretty sure that was a tooltip fix.

Deleted
    I really dont think fire is wrecked in the new build. Arcane got a decent nerf ! And if you were lucky to get the legendary belt. Just pick incanters flow and play a nice execute phase.
    Maybe with Dragonsbreath Legy u wont pick Flame On anymore. But thats something you gotta try out.

have fun boyz, fire is still alive
    Arcane wasn't nerfed. They just reverted the last change which was a tooltip bug.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...73777985187840
    11/30 The datamined change to the increased mana costs from Arcane Charges is also a tooltip bug; it will remain at a 125% increase per charge.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2016-12-06 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    so then - rip fire lol

No but seriously. with legy belt we have chance

so then - rip fire lol

No but seriously. with legy belt we have chance
    You can't balance a spec around one legendary.

For the rest we have to see what comes in the next patch, this doesn't look enough (but we also have to see what other classes get), and hopefully isn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    that belt buff is disgustingly good
    and i have it, on live is quite underwhelming, looking forward to patch
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    i think the changes to belt and wrists are pretty good. don't think the belt will be broken op - its just in a place where it should be since release: an effective execute legendary. really like that (and yes i got, together with head and chest).

i think bracers will still provide the best ST dps boost, as long as you can get enough proccs off. And i think thats good too! its the hardest to use legendary due to loss of icy floes, so the reward should still be in line with the risk. The reduce from 300% on live to the 250/275% range was needed, so i'm fine with that.

that way, i think we'll get a pretty nice set of legendarys, aka toolkit for different encounters. And to be true - as long as you stay lootspecc fire, we'll all get all the fire legendarys sooner or later. and then we'll have the chance to make choice between our legendarys - something other classes are missing (as well as we on live, cause bracers are fckn op in every scenario). AE high movement? head+belt. ST Patchwerk? wrists+ring. Really like that.

Anyway, i still hope blizz calculates our dps loss due to loss of icy floes right into our flat dmg... otherwise we'll suffer, no matter if we got the bracers or not.

It's about time mages are useless for an xpack. Making mages useless can't be done soon enough.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-12-06 at 08:58 AM.

About time to start banning trolls
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    About time to start banning trolls
    The rules say I should also ban people who call others trolls and who discuss moderation so let's just get back on topic please.
    My magic will tear you apart.

The buff to the belt is a little silly good, the bracer nerf rollback continues but without icyfloes I honestly don't think it's enough.

This does nothing about the fact that we're still siming well behind the curve as fire in nighthold gear. I don't like the reduced crit playstyle changes. I really don't feel good about this patch, even ignoring the changes to damage.

Also, nothing done yet about the hilarious problem where you can OOM as a fire mage if you have ring of the exodar and 4pc tier.