Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    so then - rip fire lol

No but seriously. with legy belt we have chance

Quote Originally Posted by Tedro View Post
    so then - rip fire lol

No but seriously. with legy belt we have chance
    You can't balance a spec around one legendary.

For the rest we have to see what comes in the next patch, this doesn't look enough (but we also have to see what other classes get), and hopefully isn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    that belt buff is disgustingly good
    and i have it, on live is quite underwhelming, looking forward to patch
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    i think the changes to belt and wrists are pretty good. don't think the belt will be broken op - its just in a place where it should be since release: an effective execute legendary. really like that (and yes i got, together with head and chest).

i think bracers will still provide the best ST dps boost, as long as you can get enough proccs off. And i think thats good too! its the hardest to use legendary due to loss of icy floes, so the reward should still be in line with the risk. The reduce from 300% on live to the 250/275% range was needed, so i'm fine with that.

that way, i think we'll get a pretty nice set of legendarys, aka toolkit for different encounters. And to be true - as long as you stay lootspecc fire, we'll all get all the fire legendarys sooner or later. and then we'll have the chance to make choice between our legendarys - something other classes are missing (as well as we on live, cause bracers are fckn op in every scenario). AE high movement? head+belt. ST Patchwerk? wrists+ring. Really like that.

Anyway, i still hope blizz calculates our dps loss due to loss of icy floes right into our flat dmg... otherwise we'll suffer, no matter if we got the bracers or not.

It's about time mages are useless for an xpack. Making mages useless can't be done soon enough.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-12-06 at 08:58 AM.

About time to start banning trolls
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    About time to start banning trolls
    The rules say I should also ban people who call others trolls and who discuss moderation so let's just get back on topic please.
    My magic will tear you apart.

The buff to the belt is a little silly good, the bracer nerf rollback continues but without icyfloes I honestly don't think it's enough.

This does nothing about the fact that we're still siming well behind the curve as fire in nighthold gear. I don't like the reduced crit playstyle changes. I really don't feel good about this patch, even ignoring the changes to damage.

Also, nothing done yet about the hilarious problem where you can OOM as a fire mage if you have ring of the exodar and 4pc tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffled View Post
    Also, nothing done yet about the hilarious problem where you can OOM as a fire mage if you have ring of the exodar and 4pc tier.
    You can OOM even without the 4pc of the tier. I ran oom on our first Guarm mythic kill and I was out of mana for about the last 20% of the fight and that wasn't the only time I ran oom, I even swapped pyromaniac to Conflagration to not get oom but that didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    PTR just updated
    Gained a bunch of INT (spells hit around 5k harder since last patch)
    Gained about 5% crit, still 6% behind where i was
    You can oblit gear to 865 so may catch that up
    If i can regain the crit i lost, ill be hitting like a truck
    I really doubt you got 5% crit chance

In order for you to have gained 5% crit you would've needed to get an additional 2500 crit rating total.
    That did Not happen in the item change.

Most people gained 1 to 2%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they aren't balancing anything around legendaries. Gotta say, it's disheartening to see all these great parses and knowing I physically can't get there simply because RNG. I hope they don't leave fire mages in a sorry state and realize that without legendaries, we really aren't parsing that strongly (except for cheese fights like Xavius).

I have had epicly horrible luck and have 1 legendary - Sephuz's - and to get it I must have gone deep into 'bad luck protection' as it took ages to drop, and when it did it dropped off a raid boss. I do mythic+ and every emissary cache that's up.

Deleted
    We went from 14-17% critchance loss to 11-13% critchance loss. Be aware this doesnt acount the critchance loss of equiping the 4 setpiece!!!!
    Here is my situation gear.
    The 1,1 is the live critical mass multiplier.

880 ilvl
    live: 52,35% x1.1 = 57,535% crit
    PTR week3: 43,12%
    difference: 14,415%

PTR week4: 46,45%
    difference: 11,085%

Double crit trinket
    Live:59,59% x1,1 = 65,549%
    PTR4: 53,73%
    Difference: 11,819%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTactics View Post
    Absolutely. The good players are finding different classes and specs to play.

I feel sorry for the poor bastards that are going to be staying fire. Really, I feel sorry for people who intentionally choose to under perform as an undertuned spec.
    Im still unholy, i appreciate your sympathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTactics View Post
    Absolutely.
    I feel sorry for the poor bastards that are going to be staying fire. Really, I feel sorry for people who intentionally choose to under perform as an undertuned spec.
    I feel sorry for people who reroll a different class whenever there's the slightest hint of a nerf in sight.

Ran tests for a couple of hours last night.
    Fire has become a real punish if you dont crit, the loss of the backend crit boost to fireball hurts.
    Sometimes I could crack 300k dps in my gear, but there were times where i was starved of crits and loosing heating up procs. Avg'd 270k dps.
    It feels very underwhelming, which annoys me cause i was excited for a less bursty, better sustained dps.
    What is more annoying is that pressing 2 buttons in a glacial spike build was giving me 305k dps consistently in the same gear.

Bottom line, i was hoping the buffs to spellpower and gear would help, but the truth is, it hasnt.

Sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    lost 5% crit in ptr. not much considering this will scale up in the long run

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    Ran tests for a couple of hours last night.
    Fire has become a real punish if you dont crit, the loss of the backend crit boost to fireball hurts.
    Sometimes I could crack 300k dps in my gear, but there were times where i was starved of crits and loosing heating up procs. Avg'd 270k dps.
    It feels very underwhelming, which annoys me cause i was excited for a less bursty, better sustained dps.
    What is more annoying is that pressing 2 buttons in a glacial spike build was giving me 305k dps consistently in the same gear.

Bottom line, i was hoping the buffs to spellpower and gear would help, but the truth is, it hasnt.

Sadface
    last weeks number tweaking was looking very grim......but ill wait untill next week. It seems mage can changes every other week and the legendaries in between.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where did this magical extra ~5% crit come from that people are talking about? I'm not seeing anything in the notes about stat changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Where did this magical extra ~5% crit come from that people are talking about? I'm not seeing anything in the notes about stat changes.

Critical mass now also grants 10% of the critical strike stat from all other sources

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Critical mass now also grants 10% of the critical strike stat from all other sources
    We never lost that.

Have you actually tested your dps on PTR? The PI nerf alone hurts.
    Last edited by Elboba; 2016-12-07 at 12:04 AM.