Deleted

Question Insane damage (not a Crit) - I would like to understand

Hello PvP community,

I have encountered yesterday an arena with a elemental shaman on the enemy team.
    He has done the following damage to me (I play a UH DK) :

imgur.com/a/7BeGX

So first of all, this isn't a critical... (weird huh?)
    I do not have a lot of knowledge on the current elemental shaman (Last played was in LK as elem), if any fellow elemental shaman could help me out on this ? I'm just trying to understand how that happened.. I was under MS when this happened (obviously the MS was gone in one shot).

My theory :

I am not 100% sure but it is possible that I had just done my apocalypse shortly before (which pops pets for ones who don't know what that is, about 5-6 pets I believe ? )

So my theory is that, IF I still had all my pets from Apocalypse (+ my initial pet), as you can see on the screenshot, he did a chain lightening right before.. is it possible that it's from the fact that his CL hit myself, all my pets + my arena partner and then the lightning rod did this damage ?

Isn't this bugged seriously ? I mean, the fact that it isn't a crit really concerns me.

Best regards,
    Slashbye

He probably hit the max amount of targets with his artifact ability up + all procs while you had lightning rod applied. It's worth noting this has already been nerffed slightly as of the tuesday hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by slashbye View Post
    Hello PvP community,

I have encountered yesterday an arena with a elemental shaman on the enemy team.
    He has done the following damage to me (I play a UH DK) :

imgur.com/a/7BeGX

So first of all, this isn't a critical... (weird huh?)
    I do not have a lot of knowledge on the current elemental shaman (Last played was in LK as elem), if any fellow elemental shaman could help me out on this ? I'm just trying to understand how that happened.. I was under MS when this happened (obviously the MS was gone in one shot).

My theory :

I am not 100% sure but it is possible that I had just done my apocalypse shortly before (which pops pets for ones who don't know what that is, about 5-6 pets I believe ? )

So my theory is that, IF I still had all my pets from Apocalypse (+ my initial pet), as you can see on the screenshot, he did a chain lightening right before.. is it possible that it's from the fact that his CL hit myself, all my pets + my arena partner and then the lightning rod did this damage ?

Isn't this bugged seriously ? I mean, the fact that it isn't a crit really concerns me.

Best regards,
    Slashbye

I play Ele and Lightning Rod doesn't crit - it does exactly 30 or 40% (cant remember which) of all the damage done by Lightning bolt and Chain lightning...

So if Chain lightning hits 5 targets for say 130k, each target it hits can cause Overload (The spell to cast again) so if all the procs line up - 5 hits can overload and cause like 5 more casts hitting 5 targets each.... its not guna hit 130on every target so say it only hits 100k on each target - that's 30 hits x 100k which = 3m dmg.. 30% of that is 1M plus the 200k it initially hit on you = 1.2M.. That's the figure without crits, chain lightning can crit 200-300k - so that's big number!

but Stormkeeper just been nerfed from 200% increased dmg on your next 3 Lightning bolts and chain lightnings to 100% increased dmg - so you wont get 1 shot again :P