Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] Watch_Dogs 2

Watch_Dogs 2 is out now for XB1 and Ps4, It is also going to release on PC soon.

So far I am enjoying it and only have one thing to bitch about. My GF pre-ordered the game on ps4 as a surprise early x-mas gift, I get it and try to put in the pre-order code and it doesn't work.

Its the 12 digit PSN code, I decided to contact Ubisoft support to get it fixed. I supplyed them the code and they said it would be fixed but didn't give a ETA on when.

To me this is highly annoying and there customer support is shit, they took forever to reply and all.

So if you have any code issues sadly you have to contact customer support.

But as for the game itself so far I am loving it and enjoying it more then WD1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest gripe with Watch Dogs 1 was that my main way of defending myself was hacking. As fun as that is, id like to just pull out a gun while driving, and shoot the driver who is chasing me.

Is gun play expanded?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My biggest gripe with Watch Dogs 1 was that my main way of defending myself was hacking. As fun as that is, id like to just pull out a gun while driving, and shoot the driver who is chasing me.

Is gun play expanded?
    From what I have notice its the same as WD1. I could have swore in WD1 you could shot while driving, I could be wrong about that tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    From what I have notice its the same as WD1. I could have swore in WD1 you could shot while driving, I could be wrong about that tho.
    lol, my memory might be off too, but I think you couldn't drive and shoot in WD1.

Anyone who played WD1 recent recall which it was?

lol, my memory might be off too, but I think you couldn't drive and shoot in WD1.

Anyone who played WD1 recent recall which it was?
    I will say tho that the car handling in Watch_Dogs 2 is soooo much better then Watch_Dogs 1. The way the car's handled in Watch_Dogs 1 may have been my biggest complaint about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to try and not buy this before I see some proper reviews.

It does look far better than the first game, but I am still bitter from WD1 being complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm going to try and not buy this before I see some proper reviews.

It does look far better than the first game, but I am still bitter from WD1 being complete shit.
    IMO so far its much better, I am about 4 hours into it and already enjoy the story more then WD1. I did enjoy WD1 a lot and so far WD2 is better.

Its nice and colorful and its not trying to take itself as serious like WD1 did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really need a 'new' game to play that is engaging story wise.

Forza Horizon was fun, but no story obviously. Skyrim SE is good, but since I already know the story and outcome, im already getting bored. So I need something new.

Its a toss up between this and Titanfall 2.

Its a toss up between this and Titanfall 2.
    I have spent around 10 hours on TF2 and around 4 hours on this. Sadly I can't recommend TF2, Not because its bad or anything but because the player pop is dying. If you plan to play it online you will be forced to just play TDM. Barely played the SP but from what I have read on Normal its around 5 hours long.

Love TF2 but with a playerbase (on ps4) so small I can't recommend someone spending $60 on it.

IMO The best way to look at Watch_Dogs 2 is that its the Saints Row 3 of Watch_Dogs. Its not as super over the top but its far far from being as serious as Watch_Dogs 1 was.

Still need to play the first one, but this one definitely seems more interesting to me. Seems like they realized how bland much of the first game was on a visual level and decided to go the opposite direction (maybe a bit too far at times), and I'm totally alright with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to Edge's comment. Does anyone feel that it is necessary to have played all of WD1 to get a good feel for the story? I never completed the first one since the story was coma inducing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still need to play the first one, but this one definitely seems more interesting to me. Seems like they realized how bland much of the first game was on a visual level and decided to go the opposite direction (maybe a bit too far at times), and I'm totally alright with it.
    You don't need to play Watch_Dogs 1 to play Watch_Dogs 2. The events of the first one are explained in the first 5mins.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to Edge's comment. Does anyone feel that it is necessary to have played all of WD1 to get a good feel for the story? I never completed the first one since the story was coma inducing to me.
    Nope the first one gets summed up quite well in the first 5mins.

Even tho I have played about 4 hours of WD2 I can confirm you don't need to have played WD1.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to play Watch_Dogs 1 to play Watch_Dogs 2. The events of the first one are explained in the first 5mins.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope the first one gets summed up quite well in the first 5mins.

Even tho I have played about 4 hours of WD2 I can confirm you don't need to have played WD1.
    Doin a pretty good job selling me on this, lol. Inching closer to picking it up tonight

Doin a pretty good job selling me on this, lol. Inching closer to picking it up tonight
    My GF surprised me with it last night and I am loving it. Pissed my Pre-Order code isn't working but its whatever

Watched Lirik play it a bit... wow, it's some cringe worthy stuff.

I'll just stick to watching Mr Robot

Apparently Watch_Dogs 2 might get an Adults-Only re-classification from the ESRB after it was discovered that NPCs have fully-detailed sets of genitalia that the player can reveal through normal gameplay. Ubisoft has apologized to the playerbase and stated that they will issue a patch later this week that removes the genitals from the NPCs, and Sony has banned at least one player from their online network after they took a screenshot of the explicit content and shared it on Twitter.

I have been instructed by the mods to not re-post links to the content described above (since it is very NSFW, obviously), but it's not difficult to find the tweet in question with a quick google search. However, this news made the front page of the BBC's technology column today, and you can read the whole story here: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38003133. (This article is professionally written and SFW, but it contains links that contain links that contain links to the explicit content, if you're actually willing to dig enough... but that's your fault if you go that far :P)
    Last edited by Nasukkin; 2016-11-17 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Apparently Watch_Dogs 2 might get an Adults-Only re-classification from the ESRB after it was discovered that NPCs have fully-detailed sets of genitalia that the player can reveal through normal gameplay. Ubisoft has apologized to the playerbase and stated that they will issue a patch later this week that removes the genitals from the NPCs, and Sony has banned at least one player from their online network after they took a screenshot of the explicit content and shared it on Twitter.

I have been instructed by the mods to not re-post links to the content described above (since it is very NSFW, obviously), but it's not difficult to find the tweet in question with a quick google search. However, this news made the front page of the BBC's technology column today, and you can read the whole story here: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38003133. (This article is professionally written and SFW, but it contains links that contain links that contain links to the explicit content, if you're actually willing to dig enough... but that's your fault if you go that far :P)
    Personally I think its a stupid thing to bitch about (not saying you are).

The game is rated M and I am 100% sure everyone buying it has seen genitalia before.

Yeah, I know it's a totally different (but connected) story that stands on its own, but considering the first one is going to be on sale pretty cheap during the holidays it's a good time to pick it up and get a feel for how gameplay feels overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a totally different (but connected) story that stands on its own, but considering the first one is going to be on sale pretty cheap during the holidays it's a good time to pick it up and get a feel for how gameplay feels overall.
    Its already dirt cheap lol $12.99
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/add-ons/watch-dogs/109949

Maybe it will go $9.99 or less, IMO its worth $13.

Edit: If you want the PC version its $11 on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-PC...rds=watch+dogs
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-17 at 02:14 AM.

From what i've played so far (About only an hour before bed last night) the game is really really cool. I'm enjoying the scenery of the game. Also the way you can interact with NPC's is hilarious. I loved the first Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 is feeling like it will be better. We'll see though I still got a lot more to play!