Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Depends. I mostly avoid discussions that I know I have unpopular opinions about.

Isnt that also one of the laws of power? Think as you like but do as everyone else.

Deleted
    I do. It doesn't mean that I'm not open to another viewpoint, but if I believe in something then I will fight for it. I don't shy away from conflict and I don't compromise if the other opinion doesn't give me a good reason to.

I like making people feel bad about their opinions, if i don't like them. Like, I'll overhear them say something and then i'll be sure to say something 100% the opposite of what they think/believe to get a rise out of them. Makes no difference if I complete agree with them or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    In subjects that matter, yes.
    Video games, not so much.

Deleted
    You need to realize that not everyone can take everyone's opinions, and with those, I don't argue at all. Waste of air. 99% of those people are the kind that only think with emotions, not rational thinking or logic. Like leftist liberals and religious groups.

Nah. Having opinions is stupid. There are truths and non-truths. Truths can be proven so there is no need to argue. If the truth value of your "opinion" cannot be proven it is not a truth and you shouldn't consider it as such or try to show arguments for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm easily intimidated so I'm quite reserved as well. I don't get into arguments or persist when my viewpoints clash with another, preferring to simply exchange thoughts and call it a day.

What about you? Are you similarly passive or vocally defensive of what you think when push comes to shove.
    I don't get into arguments IRL I inquire and try to understand why the believe what they believe, this doesn't mean people get angry when you poke holes in their opinions with facts but at least they are usually reasonable.

Some people hold opinions that are beliefs and some people have beliefs that others see as opinion.

I have opinions I'm confident about, and many others I doubt. More than figthing, I like to discuss them, but what I do fight for is my right to express my opinion without being silenced or punished. I had some trouble in college because I "picked a fight" with a couple of professors when I expressed without anger or fear that they weren't giving the students a fair treatment.
    One thing I express myself very openly is my total opposition to tyranny in any form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only on line... it's hard to fight offline, when I cannot tell if people agree that I'm right or intimidated by anything remotely resembling a fight with a giant.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lately, yes, and with this, comes a lot of trouble. Unfriended a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm easily intimidated so I'm quite reserved as well. I don't get into arguments or persist when my viewpoints clash with another, preferring to simply exchange thoughts and call it a day.

What about you? Are you similarly passive or vocally defensive of what you think when push comes to shove.
    Depends on a few factors.

Who is my audience? Is it someone I know is bullheaded and will not back down? Then I may have to agree to disagree.

Am I fully informed on this topic, and is the other person presenting documented facts? Then I just have to accept that I am wrong, and learn from my mistake.

Is this person just playing devil's advocate, or trolling me? Then I might have to fight harder to shut down their attempts to derail my opinions.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Generally, I only fight for my opinions if someone is blatantly trying to tell me I'm wrong on a matter of opinion, and even then I'm not trying to convince but defend my reasons for my opinion. Past that it never feels like arguing gets anywhere since most people only seem to change their opinions after some life altering event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I like making people feel bad about their opinions, if i don't like them. Like, I'll overhear them say something and then i'll be sure to say something 100% the opposite of what they think/believe to get a rise out of them. Makes no difference if I complete agree with them or not.
    This type of discussion I would want to walk away from. I have no patience for that sort of thing.

If it is pretty transparent that someone is intentionally trying to get a rise out of me, I may get aggressive, and it might end up in a screaming match, and I can yell really really loud. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Nah. Having opinions is stupid. There are truths and non-truths. Truths can be proven so there is no need to argue. If the truth value of your "opinion" cannot be proven it is not a truth and you shouldn't consider it as such or try to show arguments for it.
    What is your favorite color?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The only time I don't engage in real life or on the net is if I'm doing work stuff. Other than that, I'm always ready for an argument.

I have too many scars (physical and emotional) to change at this point, sadly.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how passionate the person is about his/her opinion. I really don't have the patience to be arguing over opinions. You like what I hate, I like what you hate, it's whatever. I'm not there to persuade you to change your opinion to match mine. I voiced my opinion and that's it. After that I'll just nod my head and say "yeah".

I just find getting into arguments over opinions a huge waste of time and energy and it's just stupid.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I fight for the truth. If someone believes that Earth is flat, I will fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What is your favorite color?
    Red. It's a fact, not an opinion.

"The color red is the one that makes my brain respond in such a way" is measurable and, as such, a fact.

"Red is best color !" is an opinion.

I also dislike vegetables and like the scent of nail polish. I won't fight anyone who does not share these tastes...