Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    sv needs a talent overhaul and some buffs, and perhaps replace waylay with something useful.

Who the fuck thought waylay was a good idea?
    The same retard who thought melee hunters were good idea, it's just about the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    The same retard who thought melee hunters were good idea, it's just about the same level.

now, now no need to insult the word "retard", I'm sure the person who came up with both has no developmental issues, he/she is just really really really really stupid... (which means they have no birth challenged excuse for doing such stupid shit).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    did an SV hunter kill you're parents?
    Their dyed anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    now, now no need to insult the word "retard", I'm sure the person who came up with both has no developmental issues, he/she is just really really really really stupid... (which means they have no birth challenged excuse for doing such stupid shit).
    Oh. Apologies. True that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    By fine you mean "easy to play and no tricks" or fine "I dealt correct damage while jumping" ? And if you come into the arenas playground SV was the spec that brought the worst quality of hunters back in MoP (Lock SV Rsham ... what a blast of skill) and WoD was the pinacle of "huntard".
    If you liked "DoT" then play a class where applying DoTs is kinda challenging and not autodot on each spell or refreshed by the spell you spam the most.
    Beastmastery also could DPS while jumping so are you saying that spec was completely useless for 3 expansions as well? It sounds to me like survival hunters rolled you in arenas by being a sustained pressure class. Sorry? Survival had 1 dot to maintain. Black Arrow. The serpent sting dot was applied through arcane shot or multishot which was a focus dump. Explosive shot ticked twice which was hardly a dot and Cobra shot was a focus generator. You also had glaive toss, power shot or barrage.

The problem was they nerfed survival because they were so strong in arenas that it crippled the PVE side of things. That didn't happen until HFC. Survival was competitive all through MOP and during 2 of the 3 tiers in WOD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Before, people were complaining that all 3 hunter specs were too similar and had no spec identity.

Blizz gave us spec identity. And then people cried so loudly about MM not having pets that they brought it back only to buff lone wolf so much that it is the only viable talent.

BM, uses pets.
    MM, doesn't use pets.
    Surv, traps? Melee was a bad decision i guess.

Now we QQ'd so much that they are giving traps back to all 3 specs. QQ some more and Surv is back to being ranged.

Give it another year and we'll be back where we started...class with no spec identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Before, people were complaining that all 3 hunter specs were too similar and had no spec identity.

Blizz gave us spec identity. And then people cried so loudly about MM not having pets that they brought it back only to buff lone wolf so much that it is the only viable talent.

BM, uses pets.
    MM, doesn't use pets.
    Surv, traps? Melee was a bad decision i guess.

Now we QQ'd so much that they are giving traps back to all 3 specs. QQ some more and Surv is back to being ranged.

Give it another year and we'll be back where we started...class with no spec identity.

Survival was based around dots, poisons, explosives (& traps). I thought it was different enough from the other specs, even in terms of playstyle. I didn't play WoD and as a result WoD Survival though.

Survival was a very popular spec from WotLK to MoP, not dead last (behind tank specs and sub rogue) like current survival is (low damage numbers and melee is certainly contributing to that)

I mean, mages just cast different colored spells with their 3 specs if you don't pay attention to mechanics, yet they didn't give those guys a spellbreaker spec and removed fire (imagine the outrage) for exemple.

I for one really love SV. Back to hunter for the first time since they completely and utterly ruined the class towards the tail end of TBC.
    Some buffs would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Beastmastery also could DPS while jumping so are you saying that spec was completely useless for 3 expansions as well? It sounds to me like survival hunters rolled you in arenas by being a sustained pressure class. Sorry? Survival had 1 dot to maintain. Black Arrow. The serpent sting dot was applied through arcane shot or multishot which was a focus dump. Explosive shot ticked twice which was hardly a dot and Cobra shot was a focus generator. You also had glaive toss, power shot or barrage.

The problem was they nerfed survival because they were so strong in arenas that it crippled the PVE side of things. That didn't happen until HFC. Survival was competitive all through MOP and during 2 of the 3 tiers in WOD.
    I got two of my five glad as SV and was using survival in PvE during almost every tier since cata .
    You talk about maintaining à dot that has the same CD as his duration ... single target ... come on. Cataclym marks was the best spec to play by far and also the most challenging one but then MoP came.