Thread: Dota or Lol?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dota looks really bad and aged (I mean graphics). LoL is full of smurfs (veteran players who play on new accounts to bash lowbies or just because they got banned on their main accounts) and the game looks pretty complicated and begginer unfriendly. If you are new to the genere and like nice graphics and cool heroes, HotS is the way to go imo.

I prefer dota buta LoL ARAM is really fun. If you don't want to get super serious and just play from time to time with friends ARAM is 100% the way to go.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

morewords
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I'd say Dota 2, but then that's probably what you would expect posting in the dota 2 forum. Would you have posted in a LoL forum the answer would probably have been LoL. There's a lot of animosity between the player base of the two games. Having played both, I would say Dota 2 is a lot harder than LoL with more mechanics. You for instance have to think about denying creeps (killing your own creeps so that the enemy doesn't receive gold and less exp). This doesn't exist in LoL. Speaking about graphics above, I think dota 2 has great graphics. I haven't played HotS so can't really compare, but Dota 2 has way better graphics than LoL imo.

Deleted
    rusky doto best doto

Deleted
    Dota definitely, i think - but I am massively biased haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    LoL is just way better than Dota, in every way.
    What is better about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Outplayedbymygrandma View Post
    What is better about it?
    Everything? I thought I made that clear there.

Lol is just a tutorial for DotA.

Deleted
    Everything? I thought I made that clear there.
    Sorry, I forgot that noone playing LoL is older than 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Lol is just a tutorial for DotA.
    Something like that. An easy way to learn Dota.

Dota. Can't get down with LoL, weak ass gameboy graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I play dota 2, hots and LoL. I would say they are all good and bad in their own way. In the end it comes down to your own preference.

Dota 2 might be easiest to get into and find what play style you like because you are not restricted in what hero you can play. Hots is easy in terms of basic gameplay because you don't have items. LoL uses items but most of the choices are pretty straightforward in comparison to dota where you need to know why you want to buy specific item to counter what is enemy doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Outplayedbymygrandma View Post
    Sorry, I forgot that noone playing LoL is older than 15.
    Thats not quite true, I'm in my thirties.
    But you're right, that might have been a tad silly.

Dotas customisation is pretty cool and the way you "build" items. Now, I haven't played Dota in quite a while so that might no longer be the way things work.

LoLs controls are not trying to mimic the old ones from the original Dota so they feel better, the hero design seems better and more fun, the map is better and so on.
    I'm sure I can come up with more but I simply find LoL more enjoyable. Dota feels clunky and it's just not fun to play.

Deleted

Dotas customisation is pretty cool and the way you "build" items. Now, I haven't played Dota in quite a while so that might no longer be the way things work.

LoLs controls are not trying to mimic the old ones from the original Dota so they feel better, the hero design seems better and more fun, the map is better and so on.
    I'm sure I can come up with more but I simply find LoL more enjoyable. Dota feels clunky and it's just not fun to play.
    I appreciate your reply. I guess it all comes down to personal taste. I've played Dota since it was just a mod to WC3 so even though I've played LoL as well, I guess I'm biased by that.

The import thing is that this is your opinion - as a DOTA2 and LoL player I know there are good and bads for both.

DOTA2 feels more skill and knowledge intensive - one major difference between the two is movement and attacking - dota 2 has turn time which can make moment feel 'sluggish' coming from LoL but its really a game mechanic.

For quick fun I think ARAM in LoL is the best.

Deleted
    Dota for sure

Depends on your play style and your orientation towards gaming in general.

DOTA2 is the "pub MOBA", it puts an emphasis on the strength of the hero itself.

League is the "pro MOBA player's MOBA", the emphasis is on the player's contribution.

Valve did an amazing job in going after the casual/pub market with DOTA.

That's why so many heroes snowball like crazy and why so many fight ending spells have basically no cooldown or defense when combined with OP items such as blink dagger.

If you want to be challenged then you play League, if you just want to mash buttons and enjoy the game you play DOTA.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Depends on your play style and your orientation towards gaming in general.

DOTA2 is the "pub MOBA", it puts an emphasis on the strength of the hero itself.

League is the "pro MOBA player's MOBA", the emphasis is on the player's contribution.

Valve did an amazing job in going after the casual/pub market with DOTA.

That's why so many heroes snowball like crazy and why so many fight ending spells have basically no cooldown or defense when combined with OP items such as blink dagger.

If you want to be challenged then you play League, if you just want to mash buttons and enjoy the game you play DOTA.
    Everything that you just posted applies to both LoL and DOTA, with the exception of the Blink Dagger which is an item that has its drawbacks and counters much like all the other items and heroes in the game.

In the end a game of DOTA has more parameters to take into account, as well as more timing-sensitive plays to consider, so it is less casual-friendly.

But since you're a Trump supporter, then allow me to make a populist argument: "How challenging is it to get into DOTA?" is a very common thread subject all over internet gaming forums, whereas the entry barrier of getting into LoL is almost never questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    But since you're a Trump supporter, then allow me to make a populist argument: "How challenging is it to get into DOTA?" is a very common thread subject all over internet gaming forums, whereas the entry barrier of getting into LoL is almost never questioned.
    Because DOTA2 puts most of the emphasis on the heroes you only need to learn the heroes.

Any gamer should be able to recognize which ones are ezmode status after seeing them in action.

DOTA2 is popular because Valve knew their market and designed the game to go after the casual MOBA player that was put off by other titles.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Because DOTA2 puts most of the emphasis on the heroes you only need to learn the heroes.

Any gamer should be able to recognize which ones are ezmode status after seeing them in action.

DOTA2 is popular because Valve knew their market and designed the game to go after the casual MOBA player that was put off by other titles.
    Based on what? Even DOTA's map has more points of interest than League's; juke spots in LoL are replaced by lazy patches of grass, there are no runes of any kind to look out for, and not a tree to interact with.

You had me at "Valve designed DOTA". Defense of the Ancients was independently made using the WC3 map editor back in the early 2000s, and then further refined when a young programmer took the reins and renamed it to Dota Allstars. Today it is still being maintained by the anonymous developer known as Icefrog.

Go back to gen-ot.