Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraull View Post
    Do you play resto on prog? Our mastery is hands down the best for learning fights, because it makes up for mistakes, which allows you to see further in the fight.....which in turn lets you see even further, until you KILL THE BOSS. who gives a shit if you're not #1, you're job is to save people from dying, which is exactly what our mastery does if you play properly. preemptive Chain heals and HR so you are getting the heals when they are lower hp. coordinate cds with other healers so we get the benefit of our mastery and they can conserve their cds/mana for later. Proper Triage healing.

all of the fights in M TOV are great for our mastery. You just have to be proactive, as does every other healer.
    All the classes hit harder than shaman with single target spells.... Even with mastery.

Resto shamans bring a ton of nice cooldowns to help on fights, illgynoth blowing up all 8 ichors, cenarius allowimg melee to go ham, guarm when he is charging, just bcuz they aint topping meters doesnt make themshit. They are quite essential for progression raiding. Sure they are not fun to play from what i hear and it makes sense they are cd bots n chain heal. But they are really strong with those cds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    But hey, we aren't in the top 3 healer specs on any fight, are 4th overall on EN and 5th overall on ToV, but we bring spirit link totem so we shouldn't complain. It's a good thing they are bringing down chainheal since otherwise we certainly would be OP.
    Everyone has their own feelings and opinions. I don't feel like I have anything to complain about. In terms of farm, I don't know any healer who "enjoys" it.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    lmao only on mmo-champion do you see people suggesting the shaman mastery is overrated
    you actually proved my point. it's good, but not lets go nuts awesome - shammy needs to be nerfed now because of it, thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Schrob View Post
    sorry i cant follow your explainations

lets assume the following

skada healing

#1 resto shamn
    #2 resto druid
    #3 hpala
    #4 hpriest

skada overhealing

#1 hpries
    #2 druid
    #3 hpala
    #4 shaman

the hpriest is way less effective than the shaman cause he heals less while having more overheal, this scenario is very common in my raid
    If those are legit the rankings your seeing in your raids then im sorry to say but your other healers are awful...

==============================Rdruid
    =========================Hpriest
    ========================Hpally
    ======================Rsham

Is what you should be seeing on most fights. Ill give you #1 on Ursoc if you spec for all CDs and can convince your guild to let you handle 3 of the charges on your own (aka. meter whore). Any decent healer is capable of managing overheal, normally 20-30%. The problem here is overheal doesnt mean anything, you could have 60% overheal but if your topping effective healing meters and bosses are dying then guess what? Your a hero.

Show me a guild whos struggling to kill anything in current content because their healers are going OOM. It doesnt exsist. They are struggling to kill bosses cause their raid cant perform mechanics and they dont have the gear-dps ratio to overcome that.

I should mention my guild isnt forcing me out of raiding, quite the opposite, they want me to continue. I rarely die to mechanics, i do what im told when im told to do it and we are clearing mythic content. Unfortunately for me i enjoy being competitive and in its current state rsham just arent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabatya View Post
    If those are legit the rankings your seeing in your raids then im sorry to say but your other healers are awful...

==============================Rdruid
    =========================Hpriest
    ========================Hpally
    ======================Rsham

Is what you should be seeing on most fights.

Based on what

Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    Top M Helya kills: http://imgur.com/a/p6XZ0

Classic thunking face situation.
    TOP kills? Only 49 guilds have killed it...Instead of some silly screencap, try some data: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12/#metric=hps

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    TOP kills? Only 49 guilds have killed it...Instead of some silly screencap, try some data: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12/#metric=hps
    For those who say "but that's 75th percent..." It's like that all the way up... Again our nerfs over the last few patches are completely unjustified... Also on a target dummy with 110 mast my HS crits for 1.6 mil... My similar geared HPals holy shock crits for 1.8. our mast is overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post
    I hear several of our healers during raids hit for 1mill+, I've yet to see that from any of our resto shamans, myself included.
    Then clear your mind of the CH-spam you might be doing.
    Get some mastery and crit, do content which you don't outgear and heal people with low HP - 1mio crit-heals incoming. At least with undulation.

But, to be honest: you can't compare healpower by such numbers alone. Holypriests got a singletarget heal which heals for a lot but got a long CD, Paladins usually see big numbers from HS-crits (esp with Wings) and so on... Shaman seems to be the class of "a lot of small numbers at once" since you got HoTs ticking all the time.

On a sidenote, I feel way more comfortable when healing with my shaman than with my priest or paladin. Shamans got a well-rounded blend of singletarget-healing and grouphealing and decent throughput-CDs with some utility. In comparison, playing my paladin feels heavily limited since most of your arsenal is "singletarget all the stuff and make sure that they don't spread out".
    Well, maybe this expansion I simply can't get "in touch" with the way paladins should be played... i had similar experiences when playing resto-druids for several expansions. Yes, my numbers had been among the top considering the gear, but I still somehow felt disconnected from the "flow".

@Nerfbat: dunno, maybe they will give us better legendaries, at least the one I got until now feel borderline useless. Well, except for the choker. The shield is pretty nice and does at least contribute to my healing done in mythic content.

@Sageless: you farm Ursoc and your raid doesn't drop below 90%? Can't see that happen. Would've been hard even with the old absorb-design of disc and hpally. Yes, shamans are weak once you got stuff on farm. If you plan on achieving top ranks once stuff gets easy you have to convinve your lead to drop a healer - a lot of raidleads won't do that, because farm has to be painless otherwise people tend to burn out. Depending on the time you got stuff on farm some (well, I do) start to switch some things to get their raiders back on the edge, especially with new content incoming and no plans to burn your enthusiasm on the PTR. Does it feel frustrating sometimes? Well, yes. You need a raid taking enough damage (being "bad enough" to take damage) that your heals become meaningful, but good enough to survive. Most raids pass that point pretty quick.

But I enjoy progress the most and after witnessing progress (with me) at least once no one ever asked me to step down afterwards or switch classes. Because they know, when the shit hits the fan, there is a shaman ready to back them up.

Deleted
    I wasn't even gonna comment on this until you started talking bout Purge.... don't be talking smack bout my Purge yo. It is one of my favorite Shaman abilities and a signature of the class
    I didn't mean to devalue Purge as a spell, it's awesome, however to be fair, it's rarely needed on raid bosses, and even if it was, a DPS shaman spec could do it just as well. So what I tried to say is, that a lot of shaman utility is very niche and I don't like, that this is holding back shamans' general healing output, because we could, in theory, Purge something from a boss 1-2x per expansion.
    Because when you sum up all of the utility a resto shaman has, it's a long list that looks very nice on paper, however at the end of the day, which of those spells do you actually frequently need and which make a difference, so that it justifies an overall lower healing output?

The interrupt is definitely valuable for 5 mans, but with every tank and almost every Dps spec having one or more interrupts anyway, I find myself rarely needing it, even on higher Myth (10+) it's just easier for the Dps to include it into their rota and let me focus on not letting the tank die. I can't remember the last situation where a group was so short of interrupts that they absolutely needed mine. Mine was always more of a back up or bonus, when a DPS failed his interrupt.
    I absolutely love the stun totem though and of course SLT. For me, those are two of the most valuable tools that I have as a resto shaman and that I would never wanna miss again. But tbh, I would trade my interrupt or purge for a tank Cd or a little bit higher output in a heartbeat. This is just me of course, so I understand that other Restos might see this completely different. Many shaman players still value purge from back then in Vanilla when it was more powerful, but since I started playing near the end of TBC, it's never been as valuable to me as to the veterans.

For me personally, one of the most iconic spells since its introduction has always been Earthshield, because it was Resto only and it just screamed that there's a resto shaman in the group, when you saw those little rock meteors swirling around. Plus I liked the idea of casting an elemental shield on a specific group member to protect him. So what I'd find really nice, would be Earth Shield redesigned into a short-time buff or tank cd of some sort.

I believe that resto shaman could be balanced in a way, where the spec brings good and trademark utility and is still on par with everyone else in output at the same time. I'm willing to pay a small tax for all the utility we have, but it should never be more than 10%. There has been times (mostly during Cata), where the gap was larger though and I'm just afraid that it might happen again and we'll fall behind.
    I still think there's just a little bit missing to offset the CH nerf and I hope Blizz will make some more small adjustments before the next patch, because Resto shaman is just my favorite spec ever in WoW and I want it to perform as well as it possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post

The interrupt is definitely valuable for 5 mans, but with every tank and almost every Dps spec having one or more interrupts anyway, I find myself rarely needing it, even on higher Myth (10+) it's just easier for the Dps to include it into their rota and let me focus on not letting the tank die. I can't remember the last situation where a group was so short of interrupts that they absolutely needed mine. Mine was always more of a back up or bonus, when a DPS failed his interrupt.
    I absolutely love the stun totem though and of course SLT. For me, those are two of the most valuable tools that I have as a resto shaman and that I would never wanna miss again. But tbh, I would trade my interrupt or purge for a tank Cd or a little bit higher output in a heartbeat. This is just me of course, so I understand that other Restos might see this completely different. Many shaman players still value purge from back then in Vanilla when it was more powerful, but since I started playing near the end of TBC, it's never been as valuable to me as to the veterans.

For me personally, one of the most iconic spells since its introduction has always been Earthshield, because it was Resto only and it just screamed that there's a resto shaman in the group, when you saw those little rock meteors swirling around. Plus I liked the idea of casting an elemental shield on a specific group member to protect him. So what I'd find really nice, would be Earth Shield redesigned into a short-time buff or tank cd of some sort.
    Yea, I do love Purge from back in the day but you are right its use is limited. I was looking at it (and shaman utility in general) more from M+ perspective where all that stuff gets to shine more.... you barely see it in raids unless its trash, and even dungeons I can only remember some viking mobs in HoV and Maw that have shields u can dispel. The interrupt is awesome tho and can help out alot, stop that burst dmg, heal, or fear from enemy. If you have a good group then I suppose you don't need to use it much but many players in pugs dont use theirs except maybe the tank.

True... I love all the elemental shields. I was real sad that they took them out, water shield gone completely, earth shield is a pvp talent, and Lightning shield is a reg talent but pretty lame. Wish we could have these back. Earth shield really was a cool, unique indicator of a Resto Shaman in the group... and I've been on both sides of that where as a Tank I felt better with that earth orb circling around me. Reusing the graphic for a Tank CD would be a cool idea, some blend of our old earth shield with bone shield perhaps.