Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

OMG UK legal system is bonkers

Puppy Farmers dumping dead puppies get Suspended sentence, why not make them serve the dam sentence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38026524

7+ Year Old Account
    i think you wanted to post this in general off topic.

- - - Updated - - -

poor doggos tho

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    This case is bonkers for sure.

However as a country wise, you can probably name any country there is probably at least a few bonker cases like this.

Deleted
    agreed, and 15 week suspended sentence means nothing if they dont get caught again for another 18 months, judge might as well just gave them a higher fine. I dont agree with suspended sentences atall

People don't like to hear this because we have been separated from nature for so long but dogs are not people they are property the fact that some countries give any type of punishment at all for what we consider mistreating animals shows how compassionate we are as a species

Sounds appropriate to me, they can no longer keep dogs, thats the important part? They are no danger to society, hence prison is a waste of tax payers money. Good call.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I studied Law for 4 years, decided to not bother continuing with it after that. The whole legal system is just bullshit and archaic. It needs a complete revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I studied Law for 4 years, decided to not bother continuing with it after that. The whole legal system is just bullshit and archaic. It needs a complete revamp.
    Thats a pretty vague accusation. If you mean it does not seek revenge on criminals and try to stay neutral, you would be correct. Its an archaic concept, but since its what Justice is, i think the justice system should continue to work toward delivering appropriate justice. Jail should not be used for petty crimes, which this case is. They should definitively never be able to own dogs anymore, which is what they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats a pretty vague accusation. If you mean it does not seek revenge on criminals and try to stay neutral, you would be correct. Its an archaic concept, but since its what Justice is, i think the justice system should continue to work toward delivering appropriate justice. Jail should not be used for petty crimes, which this case is. They should definitively never be able to own dogs anymore, which is what they got.
    Right, justice is always too weak, too soft...always until the person saying is facing justice themselves, then they find it to be harsh, very harsh, too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohangz View Post
    People don't like to hear this because we have been separated from nature for so long but dogs are not people they are property the fact that some countries give any type of punishment at all for what we consider mistreating animals shows how compassionate we are as a species
    This .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No, I'm talking about a clear case of murder to which the female cried that the man raped her all the time, which he did nothing of the kind, got away scott free with pre-meditated murder. The fact she got her two brother to beat the man up then while they held him against a wall, she then proceeds to stab him through the heart... But no, scream rape and get away with shit. Before you say I don't know all the facts of the case or the man in question, I do. He was my dad.

Law should be about justice and truth, which is why I started to study it, to try to change it. What I discovered was I can't change a damn thing, it "wasn't my place to question why and how things were, they just are". The current law systems are too old and outdated for current society.

There's also the issue of the courts being far too easy on people as well. Some people I grew up with as a child are in and out of the courts every week, and I am not exaggerating. There comes a point where you have to say "Ok, you've fucked up too many times". Suspended sentences and tiny paltry fines are thrown around too often and do nothing except "Oh I best not get caught for X months".

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    Puppy Farmers dumping dead puppies get Suspended sentence, why not make them serve the dam sentence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38026524
    Common Law is the shit.

If not for Common Law, Europe would be totaltarian fuckfests.

No, I'm talking about a clear case of murder to which the female cried that the man raped her all the time, which he did nothing of the kind, got away scott free with pre-meditated murder. The fact she got her two brother to beat the man up then while they held him against a wall, she then proceeds to stab him through the heart... But no, scream rape and get away with shit. Before you say I don't know all the facts of the case or the man in question, I do. He was my dad.

Law should be about justice and truth, which is why I started to study it, to try to change it. What I discovered was I can't change a damn thing, it "wasn't my place to question why and how things were, they just are". The current law systems are too old and outdated for current society.

There's also the issue of the courts being far too easy on people as well. Some people I grew up with as a child are in and out of the courts every week, and I am not exaggerating. There comes a point where you have to say "Ok, you've fucked up too many times". Suspended sentences and tiny paltry fines are thrown around too often and do nothing except "Oh I best not get caught for X months".
    You started studying law, just to figure out that lawyers don't actually make the laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Common Law is the shit.

If not for Common Law, Europe would be totaltarian fuckfests.
    So what you are saying is that Europe is a totalitarian fuckfest? Apart from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You started studying law, just to figure out that lawyers don't actually make the laws?
    Nowhere did I say I studied law to become a lawyer. :P

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So what you are saying is that Europe is a totalitarian fuckfest? Apart from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
    Exactly.

Problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Exactly.

Problem?
    Bit harsh on the Scottish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    pls, we have some common law up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    pls, we have some common law up here.
    So Scotland is only a partial totalitarian fuckfest then?

Nowhere did I say I studied law to become a lawyer. :P
    Judge? Politics don't require any sort of degree, and they are the law makers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.