Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Steve Bannon does interview. Says expect huge stimulus and compares self to Cromwell

So yeah this was funny. He basically told Republicans to expect massive stimulus, called out some Democrat hypocrisy becoming too close to Wall Street and compared his relationship with Trump to Cromwell (Eu posters and history buffs will get this one)

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ovement-948747

10+ Year Old Account
    The Irish genocide Cromwell? Surely an interesting comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Probably the thing that bothers me the most about Bannon is how he looks so much like George Lucas x someone I can't quite remember at the moment. It is driving me nuts.

Edit: I want to say Glenn Beck, but I'm not sure if that's really it.
    He looks like Michael Harney from the Orange is the New Black:

Personally I hope Bannon dies. He's evil.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So, huge stimulus and huge, across the board tax cuts....

Are we still fake outraged about the debt and deficits?

Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power.
    That's some quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Why not hope for him to change his mind?

Dying is so final...

As Gandalf says... "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement."
    I don't care if he changes his mind, the damage is already done. He legitimized race hate and in the process helped encourage a US enemy to spy on government officials to influence an election.

So not only is a bigoted shit, he's also a traitor and I hope he gets the firing squad when its all said and done.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ...compared his relationship with Trump to Cromwell (Eu posters and history buffs will get this one)
    I thought he meant Oliver Cromwell, who would be the most famous person of that name, but apparently he meant Thomas Cromwell.

The party of fiscal responsibility.

How can your relationship *with* a person be described *by* a person? Or am I missing something.

ED: Ah Thomas Cromwell, makes sense. Well we all know what happened to him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I thought he meant Oliver Cromwell, who would be the most famous person of that name, but apparently he meant Thomas Cromwell.
    If you haven't seen the Tudors with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill and Natalie Dormer; I HEARTILY recommend it.

It's basically Game of Thrones but historically accurate and starring many of the same people
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you haven't seen the Tudors with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill and Natalie Dormer; I HEARTILY recommend it.

It's basically Game of Thrones but historically accurate and starring many of the same people
    A boobfest?

Thats who I thought, I don't even know who Thomas Cromwell is...

A boobfest?
    It's Showtime I believe. So like 5% less boob since HBO is now boob/wiener king.

A boobfest?
    He had 6 wives. Not all of them were ugly

http://www.sho.com/the-tudors
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I wonder if he knows that Thomas Cromwell was executed for treason?

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    To be fair, so were quite a few people under Henry VIII. "Treason" was extremely loose in his reign.

Cromwell was a big part of the governmental side of the Reformation, I can only hope for his sake that's what he was alluding to and not the pay for play antics which were part of what got him executed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    How can your relationship *with* a person be described *by* a person? Or am I missing something.

ED: Ah Thomas Cromwell, makes sense. Well we all know what happened to him

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the Tudors is an amazing show, really enjoyable if you can get past the historical fudging at points which is easy enough since the episodes are very well done.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Getting killed by Henry VIII was fairly common, he lopped off a couple of his wifes heads. It was pretty much his hobby.

Deleted
    Getting killed by Henry VIII was fairly common, he lopped off a couple of his wifes heads. It was pretty much his hobby.
    She had more than one head?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    She had more than one head?!
    She was from Norfolk. That sort of thing is quite common around those parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite comments from that interview:

“Like [Andrew] Jackson’s populism, we’re going to build an entirely new political movement,” he says. “It’s everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I’m the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it’s the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Ship yards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We’re just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution — conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement.”

“Darkness is good,” says Bannon, who amid the suits surrounding him at Trump Tower, looks like a graduate student in his T-shirt, open button-down and tatty blue blazer — albeit a 62-year-old graduate student. “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they—“ I believe by “they” he means liberals and the media, already promoting calls for his ouster “—get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”

So he's praising Dick Cheny, Darth Vader, and Satan in the same interview that he's saying the future in the US will be as exciting as the 1930s, of all decades... Good times ahead, folks.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

That's not really the point, though. As far as choosing historical figures of self-comparison goes, choosing a guy who ended up getting his head chopped off is quite amusing.