As you stumble in the debris

And I want you
    And I want you
    And I want you
    So it's an obsession

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's overrated
    If you have it it's a curse if it's one sided, it's a curse if it's mutual but with the wrong person, it's only a blessing in rarest cases of a perfect match.
    If you don't have it - you are fine.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account

It's fun while it lasts though, which is why tinder is great for good looking guys and females.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    unreciprocated love sucks

reciprocated love is amazing

both will hurt or be bittersweet at times though. and then theres the differences between romantic and platonic love.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Being in love is light years then settling for someone ever could be.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So your want is to put others' wants before your own?

I ask that because this isn't the first time i've heard it. But at the same time, I don't see anyone who ends up making a family and is truly happy with themselves.

My parents say my siblings and I made them happy, but I remenber seeing syptoms of misery as well. It's likely that they themselves would've lived more fulfilling lives if they didn't have 3 kids.

It's almost the same with any parents I see. They try to sell having kids as "bundles of joy" and other things, but they can never explain in detail just what makes them happy about it. At the same time, you can easily see the daily stresse killing them slowly as they raise their kids.
    It's more that your needs coincide with those of your family. For example, you don't miss going out dancing with your friends because you would rather spend your free time doing something fun with your family. It's a case of "making them happy makes me happy" so everything balances out. But as I said, it's not all rainbows. Kids are not "bundles of joy", that's something people just say for some reason and when you see new parents (especially first time parents) selling you that line be compassionate: they probably are sleep deprived and need to feel better. It's a difficult phase of parenthood, doesn't mean everything else will be crap and worthless though =)

There are times when you miss having less responsibilities and way more free time for yourself. Learning to take your own time, not lose yourself as an individual (or as a couple because of the kids) and keep a balance between the "family time", the "couple time" AND the "me time" is very important. It is also hard to achieve though, especially for those people who completely focus on the kids and forget what they were about before having a family, what they liked as a couple and their personal dreams/enjoyments. Some things you simply need to give up/postpone (i.e. if your dream is to travel the world, do it before having kids because chances are you won't be able to do it after for quite some time - barred exceptions that can make it work, somehow O.o) but many others you can still do with some planning ahead.

You will never know if you were better off with(out) your family - well, unless you dump them and try out the single life again, guess that's a way to find out and some people do. Generally speaking though, I suppose some things would be better while some other things would be worse. I see plenty of miserable single people around, they talk the big talk but then struggle to find a balance or even a purpose in their lives... Granted, they would probably be miserable with a family too. Just like I see perfectly happy unmarried people or couples without kids and perfectly happy married couples with or without kids. Everyone is different so what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.
    Last edited by Mizix; 2016-11-19 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Although I have never been in love
    Said enough. Another kid out of touch with his emotions. Oh internet, you never fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Talk about hyperboles... geez, I feel in a soapy rom-com.
    Pretty obvious you havent had a kid... you'll understand eventually, it's not bullshit, it's the fucking truth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I fail to see how these two are mutually exclusive. You can't live with a partner who you love, while both having a decent income? Why? I know quite a few families like that.
    Oh I never said they cannot be mutually exclusive.

Just saying if you have to choose one only, money wins.

I am currently in a relationship and she is doing pretty good herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Oh I never said they cannot be mutually exclusive.

Just saying if you have to choose one only, money wins.

I am currently in a relationship and she is doing pretty good herself.
    I've never seen the appeal of having much more money than one really needs, but then, we are all different.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've never seen the appeal of having much more money than one really needs, but then, we are all different.
    Ego, or that feeling that if they have more, they're probably more too.

If one has never experienced love, then one will likely assume erroneously that it is overrated.
    It's not about physical attraction, or biochemical responses.

Love is very similar to religion. "You just haven't experienced real love, you'll know it when you do." What is real love? It isn't tangible. It is subjective. It is different for so many people. What works for some doesn't work for others. It defies definition. You cannot really be surprised people can get sceptical, especially in this day and age.