Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance Levelling

Hello,

So I just hit 100 on my enhance and have doomhammer, I just can't go but feel I'm extremely squishy and its kinda ruining the spec for me. I struggle to fight 2 mobs at a time, if I do I finish with 20% hp... After maiming a dh, this is frustrating, as that class has no healing but can easily wreck 5+ mobs...

Does it get easier? And does it get fun again? Feel atm like I'm struggling a lot and its again, ruining the spec for me.. I'm just trying to zone in on a spec I can focus on as atm I can't find anything I enjoy ( all I do is mythics and arena)

Advise please?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Hello,

So I just hit 100 on my enhance and have doomhammer, I just can't go but feel I'm extremely squishy and its kinda ruining the spec for me. I struggle to fight 2 mobs at a time, if I do I finish with 20% hp... After maiming a dh, this is frustrating, as that class has no healing but can easily wreck 5+ mobs...

Does it get easier? And does it get fun again? Feel atm like I'm struggling a lot and its again, ruining the spec for me.. I'm just trying to zone in on a spec I can focus on as atm I can't find anything I enjoy ( all I do is mythics and arena)

Advise please?
    While leveling/questing, consider your heal to be part of your rotation, hit it every 3rd button press until you get the feel down.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

you do know you can use the extra resource you generate to cast instant healing, right?

I was just saying in another thread how I leveled Resto and it was a lot better for me.I didn't kill things as fast but i'm not trying to hit 110 in a day or anything. When I level i want to be able to watch Netflix on one of my monitors and only have to worry about 2 rotations and if i get low HP just riptide myself.

As people are saying though you can use maelstorm to get instant healing surges on yourself so just do that i just don't like it because it requires too much concentration for me on top of having to quest and doesn't allow me to watch netflix like i want to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    you do know you can use the extra resource you generate to cast instant healing, right?
    This. Your self-heal should be keybound somewhere you can quickly and easily access it; Enhancement lacks the survivability of tougher specs like Arms and Ret, so you'll want to keep your heal ready and some spare Maelstrom in the bank. Also don't underestimate the Doomhammer ability. Use it when you've got Rockbiter/Boulderfist, Flametongue, and Frostbrand up and watch the numbers start to pile up from Windfury procs. Also don't be afraid to fight dirty and pop Feral Spirits if things get dicey, if nothing else it will let you continue to damage a tough mob or mob pack while you dump Maelstrom and Mana into your insta-heal.

First Aid is also underrated; if you've had a rough go of it (like being particularly unlucky with adds respawning on you), there's much to be said for popping a bandage to patch you up enough to Ghost Wolf out of there and somewhere you can eat/drink a little more safely.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Fighter Chow. Never quest without it. I'm quite serious. Starting every fight at full HP makes things go so much smoother.

You do have to get to 101 first, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Fighter Chow. Never quest without it. I'm quite serious. Starting every fight at full HP makes things go so much smoother.

Ooh. I wasn't aware of this recipe! I'll have to work on cooking some up for my alts and for world quests in Suramar.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yes leveling as a shammy sucks. I level all the class to 110 and the worse to me are shammy and mages. Rest are pretty easy (espeically those with a tank spec of have a pet as tank). Just self heal and yes you will need to sit down and drink.

Easiest level class to me was prot pally and guardian druid and hunter.

It doesn't get a lot better with more gear. 870 doing WQs and still gotta be careful with more than a few little Falcosaurs for example. Just learn to live with it, cuz I hear Ele is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    It doesn't get a lot better with more gear. 870 doing WQs and still gotta be careful with more than a few little Falcosaurs for example. Just learn to live with it, cuz I hear Ele is even worse.
    Wow! it even worse than my rouge. At least with decent gear lvl 810 + you are good to go even WW monk can handle WQ pretty good at illv 810. And is easy to get to ilvl 810. I guess I should stop playing my ench shammy......

or you just download World Quest group finder addon and breeze through world quests like never before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    Wow! it even worse than my rouge. At least with decent gear lvl 810 + you are good to go even WW monk can handle WQ pretty good at illv 810. And is easy to get to ilvl 810. I guess I should stop playing my ench shammy......
    That would be big mistake - ench shammy is very fun to play and doomhammet animations are great - its getting better more traits you getting. Those spikes emerging from ground and hitting enemy are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I've got an 850 something WW also, and can agree that it is a lot less squishy doing WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I've got an 850 something WW also, and can agree that it is a lot less squishy doing WQs.
    So far went trough the leveling with Fury warrior, Outlaw Rogue, Survival Hunter and Retribution paladin clearing treasures and rares every time in the process. Started enhance too just a day or so ago.

All of them had pre-Legion event gear and they were around i700-705, depending on the luck with event drops.

Fury was a breeze, Charge, Leap, burst/cleave down. Stopping here and there for a meal after some rare, but overall it was smooth and fun.
    Overpulling was not the issue as i had the power to cleave them down before i die.

Outlaw was.. a pain in the butt really. but i have stealth so i could skip trough a lot of trash, that potion thingy also makes a life a bit better, but as leather user i did have to sit and eat quite decently. AoE pulling.. was quite pain in the butt and i had to be carefull not to overpull more than 2-3 mobs, otherwise - ded man walking the plank.

Survival is one of the most fun, easy and smooth leveling experiences that i felt in WoW so far.. and im playing it since day 1.
    A lot of ppl complain about survivals lack of survivability, but in PvE i had no issues UNLESS i overpull and i dont have the power to cut em down.
    Surivals artifact passive is to have Eagle form when you are dead, so you can fly to the corpse, making it recovery after death less punishing.
    Their passive gives them HoT after every kill so you can keep pulling and pulling without issues.

Retribution.. well.. SLOW AS GRANNY in every possible way. simply slow. but it felt like youre driving a tank. Cant die, devastating attacks and slow as fuk. BUT boring. boring as hell. What you see and fell around lvl 100 is what you get all the way trough. Nothings changing.

Enhance.. man.. do i have the words for it.. its extremely squishy, dunno why they really made it that way. TBH feels like they put all the power in oversized hammer and youre just its legs. Unless hammer is upgraded - ur ded meat. A LOT of heals and downtimes eating.
    For now i put it on hold waiting for 7.1.5s catch up mechanics as i think that it will make Enhances life A LOT easier after just hitting lvl 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Hello,

Advise please?

Imo, the key to levelling a shaman is proper usage of cooldowns and understanding which fits what situation best.

2 mobs: rush in, pop doom winds and they'll be down in no time, especially when u get a WF proc.
    3 to 4 mobs: Hex one, place stun totem, run in and nuke. Stun Totem on cooldown? Pop wolves, crash lightning, maybe a instant heal or two and you'll be good.
    Rare: Start with your stun, and when you're receiving damage again with a lot of hp left on the mob, pop your doom winds, wolves and damage reduction cd. When they're dead you'll still be left with at least 50% hp without healing yourself.

If your racial is usable in fights, you can add to the list of things to use to kill stuff. And as a last resort you always have bloodlust/heroism.

These are just some examples of how you could handle situations, just to show that we have a lot of stuff we can use to make life easier.

I've levelled like this the whole time and never had a more fun experience levelling my shaman, except for maybe ele in mop.
    Learning to use everything in the right situation while levelling will help you out a ton when you start doing mythic/raids later.
    Last edited by mmoc46fa312198; 2016-11-21 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post

Oh nice. I need to pay attention to my recipes.

I did the blood deathknight weapon Quest at 600 ilvl now that is a challenge! OT: I don't feel that squeeshy with my shaman tbh, of course it's a bit more spiky than other classes but you should use your instant heals as much as possible. There are other classes that have this problem (rogues) but its mostly about learning what to fight/how many etc.

Like other people said fighter chow can help out as well as throwing 1-2 835-840 items will make a HUUGE difference. I have a druid/priest and 2 BM hunters which I've geared with 840 items and they wreck the map (if you can afford them) but there are cheap 725 items to get you going at 101 as well.

Another thing that adds to the "squishy" feeling, is the lack of an Aggro dump. If you're overwhelmed and trying to run away, you can't vanish like a rogue, and you can't feign like a hunter, no bubble like a pally. The best you can do is stun totem and ghost wolf away, and that doesn't always work against casters.

I leveled my shaman with a tank friend and it made things really enjoyable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labyrinthian View Post
    Imo, the key to levelling a shaman is proper usage of cooldowns and understanding which fits what situation best.

2 mobs: rush in, pop doom winds and they'll be down in no time, especially when u get a WF proc.
    3 to 4 mobs: Hex one, place stun totem, run in and nuke. Stun Totem on cooldown? Pop wolves, crash lightning, maybe a instant heal or two and you'll be good.
    Rare: Start with your stun, and when you're receiving damage again with a lot of hp left on the mob, pop your doom winds, wolves and damage reduction cd. When they're dead you'll still be left with at least 50% hp without healing yourself.

If your racial is usable in fights, you can add to the list of things to use to kill stuff. And as a last resort you always have bloodlust/heroism.

These are just some examples of how you could handle situations, just to show that we have a lot of stuff we can use to make life easier.

I've levelled like this the whole time and never had a more fun experience levelling my shaman, except for maybe ele in mop.
    Learning to use everything in the right situation while levelling will help you out a ton when you start doing mythic/raids later.
    First post and you nailed it like a boss.

This is exactly it right here. Use of the insant cast healing makes rolling from mob to mob quick. Just take a moment when your mana is low (and it goes back up so fast it really is only a moment) before pulling the next set of mobs and enhance really is a wrecking ball.