Poll: Fav pokemon main game?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ruby/Sapphire.

skipped over gen 4 completely, dabbled in 5, and have yet to play gen 6 or 7. When I have an itch to play pokemon I play that smogon competitive battle simulator thing online, which is free and covers 99% of the excitement I have in Pokemon (Since the stories are garbage and GameFreak insists on making annoying Anime-ish characters and forced legendaries. Why even bother with the real game)

I fucking loved GSC when it came out but now it's one of my least favorite gens, but now it's a neck and neck tie for RSE and BW2.

Loved the 2nd gen. But I don't think I'd be able to replay it nowadays.

I've only finished Yellow, Sapphire, FireRed, and Platinum.
    I couldn't find the drive to get through White, Black 2, X, or Alpha Sapphire. Maybe there's some Pokémon burnout happening?
    I think my favorite at this moment is Platinum. I'm playing through Moon and actually having a lot of fun with it, so we'll see what happens.

Deleted
    Favorite? Probably first gen because of nostalgia. But I'm pretty sure I'm having more fun with Sun right now than I'd ever have playing any other gen nowadays.
    I'd say in terms of quality the newer ones are just the better games.

I like all of them. They each have their own merits. My favorites are probably GSC/HGSS... but a lot my favorites come from gen 4. Like lucario and garchomp :P I even like gen 5. XY were my least favorite just because the games felt... shallow... hollow... not a lot of story there :/ But I still enjoyed them enough. ORAS remakes were good, too. And I'm really enjoying SuMo.