Bribe in Mythic+

Anyone able to offer any tips on using Bribe in mythic+? It seems like it could be immensely useful at times but I've been hesitant to use it in case something goes wrong.

Are there any particular mobs that Bribe works well on? Or that are particularly bad to bribe?
    Are there particular affixes where Bribe works well? I'm wondering about the interaction with Bolstering specifically. What happens when you Bribe a bolstered mob? Does it lose the bolstering once it is bribed? Does it regain it once Bribe wears off? What about if you Bribe the mob prior to killing the other mobs, I assume it doesn't get bolstered when it's friendly.

Any help appreciated.

I've found the larger murlocs in Eye of Azshara to be useful. They have a +10% damage taken debuff that they can stack up to 10 for 100% damage taken. Works on the giant boss at least. You would probably need a second rogue to Bribe it again though to get it to the final one. I haven't found anything else useful yet.

In Arcway you can bribe those guys that put down the 50% haste circle on the ground and use the ability, and it's definitely insanely useful. I think they're called retainers. I bribe the one in the last pack before the boss, use it on the boss (after hero if grp uses hero there) and if the group is pulling at a decent rate you should have him until you get to the spider boss where you can use it again.

In Maw Of Souls you can take control of the Seacursed Mistmenders just after the second boss, they heal for quite a lot and make those pulls easier since there is going to be less things to interrupt. Also, at Helya when she's about to break a part of the boat if you set the position of the bribed mob to the part of the boat which is getting destroyed, the bribed mob will just dissapear.

In Halls Of Valor the Valarjar Purified (at Hyrja) is neat because it makes the shieldmaiden trash pack easier, does quite a bit of damage (for a bribed mob, with it's cleansing flames ability) and can last you for the duration of the whole boss fight. Another mob in HoV which you should in my opinion NEVER bribe is the Valarjar Mystic, when he casts his AoE heal while bribed it is going to heal all the enemy targets, learned that on Hyrja when the dude healed her from like 60% to full in one cast.
    Last edited by Zeljo; 2016-11-19 at 07:23 PM.

If you don't mind me asking, are these targets still able to be Bribed in M+? I seems anytime I think to try Bribing something, it just slaps me with an "Immune" and a 30m CD. I assumed it was a blanket nerf like they did with Dark Sim back in Scholo CModes (Death Knight), but is it only that some targets are not immune?

Mistmenders in MoS+ are immune, just tested.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Thanks for confirming. Pretty sure this was blanket fixed, but I'm not entirely sure.

Abandon the Bribe-train fellas...

Bribe works well for bolstering too. If a mob is surrounded by weaker mobs that will bolster him. Bribe the big one, aoe small ones then release the big one. He won't get any bolstering buffs. He'll be immune if he has one bolster buff though. I'm mainly referring to the mobs before the worm boss in Nels lair.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenedan View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, are these targets still able to be Bribed in M+? I seems anytime I think to try Bribing something, it just slaps me with an "Immune" and a 30m CD. I assumed it was a blanket nerf like they did with Dark Sim back in Scholo CModes (Death Knight), but is it only that some targets are not immune?
    Bribe definitely works in M+. I used it on the mob with the scorpion at the end of a M+11 Nelth's lair yesterday. I'm not sure how much damage it was doing but it had a decent stun that was working on the scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Did it have bolstering? See below. I will give it a try next time I'm in Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by tvp6987 View Post
    Bribe works well for bolstering too. If a mob is surrounded by weaker mobs that will bolster him. Bribe the big one, aoe small ones then release the big one. He won't get any bolstering buffs. He'll be immune if he has one bolster buff though. I'm mainly referring to the mobs before the worm boss in Nels lair.
    Good to know! Those combo big mob/little mob packs are very annoying with bolstering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenedan View Post
    Thanks for confirming. Pretty sure this was blanket fixed, but I'm not entirely sure.

Abandon the Bribe-train fellas...
    Yeah that's quite sad.

I don't understand why they are removing "useless" spells on one side and introduce new useless spells (in that case bribe, but also some talents) on the other. Rogue would be such a cool class in PVE content if we could actually make use of ALL our spells and not like 2/3.

Also some mobs being immune to our spells (bribe, blind etc.) and some not is also quite stupid. The worst thing is that you get your CD nonetheless.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-11-20 at 02:55 PM.

No, the affix was teeming.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose