Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Damm... Well, there went that talent choice But thanks for the info Odd that these changes are not on the front page O.o
    They are, click on "Spell Changes" in the post about the PTR.
    anyway, these changes are not final yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to fix Assassination:

- Make Venomous Wounds deal damage again so our foremost damaging ability scales with mastery. IE: If your Rupture ticks for like 240,000 bleed damage currently, make it tick for 140,000 bleed damage and 100,000 poison damage, with the poison portion scaling with mastery.

- Make all of the artifact gold traits scale with mastery. So Bag of Tricks, From the Shadows, and Blood of the Assassinated (via the above mentioned Rupture dealing both bleed and poison damage).

- Make Fan of Knives guarantee poison application.

- Reduce the damage of Poison Bomb and make it be baseline, that is, every use of Envenom drops a Poison Bomb. Make the damage scale with combo points so it doesn't encourage people to just spam one combo point Envenoms during AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination is fine and doesn't need to be fixed.

The only change I would suggest is spicing up the talents by making venom rush baseline and giving us something fun to play with. Though I said this of all rogue specs pre launch. The talents comparatively to other classes are boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The dps would ofcourse be reduced to not be completly OP. It is all about making the ability work, instead of the stupid thing that we have now. So yeah, it would be stupidly OP, but changes can easily be made to Bag of Tricks to reduce its dmg output if it proced 100%

I know, that something has to be sacrificed to allow Poison Bomb to be reliable, but i think that reducing its dmg is a good enough trade. Maybe you could buff it in some way, which can only be done on single target fight or something like that. I think hate that Blizzards idea of giving assa rogues a bit more AOE dps, is by giving us a chance to be either great or completly useless.
    That's the issue here, the whole point you're making is based off that we "either suck or do completely great" based on Poison Bomb procs, that's not how it is at all, we are just not comparable to a few other classes in scenarios where mobs die too quick, not mattering if the Poison Bomb procs or not, because if we get lucky on one pull, the other one or two or three we won't be, it works in some kind of "proc per minute" as far as I'm concerned

We are GREAT on every scenario there is but on AoE burst, and I am fine with that, as long as our AoE sustained, cleave and single target don't get nerfed, and with you trying to buff our AoE burst, EVERY OTHER SCENARIO GETS SCREWED BY IT, so I do not agree with this change at all

The BotA change though is nice, to "know" when the next Rupture will proc BotA might be a good call, and as Rupture will be linear at 7.1.5, that might be a good idea for Blizzard to try to make it worth it to us to keep using high CP Ruptures ( I think right now there's a bigger chance of proc'ing BotA the more CPs you use per Rupture cast )

Deleted
    I never read something about it, but poison bomb seems to has a timer which guarantees a proc after some time (~2min). it can proc multiple times in a row, but there is a bad luck protection. Esp if you farm herb or something and engages some mobs unfrequently, my poison bomb procs from the first envenom all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrush View Post
    I never read something about it, but poison bomb seems to has a timer which guarantees a proc after some time (~2min). it can proc multiple times in a row, but there is a bad luck protection. Esp if you farm herb or something and engages some mobs unfrequently, my poison bomb procs from the first envenom all the time.
    It works like most chance per hit trinkets. You trigger it with the first 2 instances and then you are limited by its internal CD.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Poison bomb is making me want to quit this class. Everything about it is just completely anti fun

Deleted
    I sorta lean towards either.
    A) make it proc like Dispatch was (as someone mentioned), that way you have some control over when to use it within a window.
    Wont help those times where it just refuses to proc on a large pack until the last mob standing, but at that point you could potentially save it for the next pack.

B) make it a CD, possibly reduced by envenom usage (% chance per CP to reduce CD by x sec), so you have full control over it.
    The CD should reflect the average current ppm so it can keep its damage mostly intact.

Not that hyped about suggestions that reduces its damage a ton, like a 100% proc on envenom.
    Sure it makes envenom double as a AOE finisher but I dunno, prefer the idea of a controllable burst CD.