Sub simming: Ring with haste/mastery is simming higher than ring with Mastery/Versa

Hi guys,

I have noticed that even though my haste stat weight is the lowest by a large margin according to the sims, my dps decreased when i switched to the versa/mastery. The ilvl is about the same, wouldn't switching to a ring with BIS secondaries yield more dps if the stat weights are higher? Am i missing something here? I've been using sims to see which gear gives me more dps but i don't even know anymore because they don't even follow their own weights.

Sub is a little different and not as clear cut. I stare at the ability priorities but can't really decode how they do the rotation in their sims so I'm not sure if they do what should be done in a sub rotation..

my haste 3,376 (10%) without the haste ring. I forgot how much haste sub needed before stopping, I heard 6% or so I think. Anyone clarify?

It depends on the amount as well. The ring may have high mastery and a low amount of haste. Your Versa/Mastery may be the opposite. We also don't know your weights. Is the ring enchanted and/or socket when you are simming?

what are your weights? link the pawn string

( Pawn: v1: "Lanre": Agility=13.56, CritRating=8.31, HasteRating=8.95, MasteryRating=10.76, Versatility=11.16 )

that's mine, but i also have massively high crit (i need to drop 10%)

Haste ring that sims 2k dps higher: +721 haste, +1221 mastery +150 mast enchant
    Stat weights with this ring on is Mastery: 8.99 Versa: 8.88, Crit:8.26, Haste 7.23

mast/versa ring that sims 2k dps lower: +734 Versa, 1,101 Mastery +150 mast enchant
    Stat weights: Mastery: 9.13 Versa: 8.93, Crit:8.51, Haste 7.61

No sockets on the rings.

just sounds like you have low haste currently should balance out when you get higher level gear

I'm just confused why haste has a lot of bearing on my dps when its weight is so low. Anyone have a soft haste cap for sub?

i thought 10% was more than enough but idk. could be wrong.

the vers/mastery ring is likely better.

if you get pawn and import the stat weights into it, it will do the simple calculations for you - totals up the stats using the provided stat weights and determines which item scores higher.

Necks/rings are often very close, despite ilvl.

Also, it's worth re-simming/re-importing new weights every upgrade or two.

the haste/mast ring is 16189.62 and the vers/mast ring is 16415.91

That's using the first set of stat weights to calculate both rings. It indicates that the vers/mast ring is best, as indicated by the stat weights given.

Downloaded pawn and says it's a 3% upgrade. Guess I'll just use this from now on.

Looks like Mastery is my 3rd highest stat weight atm. So if I get more crit/versa my mastery weight will go back up? What's going to happen at higher ilvls? do they just level out?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkzthebonerogue View Post
    Downloaded pawn and says it's a 3% upgrade. Guess I'll just use this from now on.

Looks like Mastery is my 3rd highest stat weight atm. So if I get more crit/versa my mastery weight will go back up? What's going to happen at higher ilvls? do they just level out?
    They fluctuate. I recently got to over 45% crti unbuffed (50.47% with EoC stacked) and it put crit as my lowest stat. Vers and mastery will almost always be about equal - i tend to prefer anything mastery heavy, though atm crit heavy stuff is skewing my setup.