Viable AoE build in Mythics+

Hello fellow locks!

Currently a destro lock with the ST/Cleave build, but recently, we've been doing Mythics+6/7/8s and my AoE is lagging far behind, for obvious reasons.

I ran some sims, practiced a few heroics/normal mythics and seemed to have found a decent hybrid AoE for trash and an okay ST damage on bosses and wanted to run it by you for your input, suggestions and thoughts.

Since I cannot link anything just yet, here is a breakdown of the spec:

15- Backdraft
    30- Reverse Entropy
    45- Shadowfury
    60- Fire and Brimstone
    70- Demon Skin
    85- Grimoire of Sacrifice
    100- Soul Conduit

Keeping in my mind that I currently have Alythess's Pyrogenics for the 7% buff from RoF, and since RoF costs 3 SS and ill be applying it as much as possible, I decided to go for SC instead of WH.

As for "filler" spell along with RoF, I decided to go for FnB for flash incinerates coupled with Backdrafts.

When Mythics get harder, I will probably be switching back to the ST/Cleave spec because bosses are harder to burn down.

What are your thoughts on this build? Do you guys see something I don't? Thanks!

Deleted
    Running demon with implosion in M10 upwards, hovering around 450k av. dps at the end of a dungeon. Only 360k as destru with Eradication spec, ~400k with FnB but risking to pull near other packs. ST at around 2min fights are around 20k less than I'd do with Eradication. So, yes, FnB for M+ if destru is your choice, I stick with the far superior implosion damage most of the time.

iLvl 880

Have tried out this build for low level mythics myself and works surprisingly well, surprised it's not that popular yet..but i guess it depends on whether your group (or tank) has the balls to do large (3 or more) pulls? It still does performs well for 2 targets situation as usually the adds die within 2-3 chaos bolts , more than sufficient time for your short havoc to do its work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppster View Post
    Running demon with implosion in M10 upwards, hovering around 450k av. dps at the end of a dungeon. Only 360k as destru with Eradication spec, ~400k with FnB but risking to pull near other packs. ST at around 2min fights are around 20k less than I'd do with Eradication. So, yes, FnB for M+ if destru is your choice, I stick with the far superior implosion damage most of the time.

iLvl 880
    Do you do large pulls with implosion? I find my dps lacking for demo when there's only 1-2 targets...and implosion's really starts shining on large pulls. Some cautious tanks are only pulling one or two at a time in high mythics.

Deleted
    I wouldnt change wreck havoc for SC..other that that its pretty fine imo. On packs with around 3 mobs cleaving with havoc should give you more damage plus priority dmg. On big packs Droping a RoF and the FnB with backdraft should be good enaugh, but i dont think SC worth it there either.

On above 11 or so depending on dungeon if you are running with classes that have good burst aoe you might be better going for pure cleave with BD/RE/Eradication/Sac/Havoc.

Edit: last week with tyranical i was even taking service to boos st dmg on the bosses. This week though i would go with sac all the time
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-11-21 at 10:57 AM.

Interesting.

This is isn't the first time I get someone telling me to keep WH instead of SC. My question is though, isn't RoF going to be doing most of the dmg here? Or is it spamming Incinerates thru FnB?

On packs with around 3 mobs cleaving with havoc should give you more damage plus priority dmg
    You mean cleaving with Chaos bolts on packs of 3. Right?
    Last edited by ziadio; 2016-11-21 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ziadio View Post
    Interesting.

This is isn't the first time I get someone telling me to keep WH instead of SC. My question is though, isn't RoF going to be doing most of the dmg here? Or is it spamming Incinerates thru FnB?

You mean cleaving with Chaos bolts on packs of 3. Right?
    It depends. FnB is the most aoe burst spell you have (appart from cataclysm, but fuck cata since RE is really good). So for big packs if they are really short lived you might even skip RoF and just spam incinerate with backdraft. Otherwise if they live for RoF to do its dmg keep immolate on as many as you can -->RoF-->incinarate with backdraft and continue accordingly.
    How many rofs you will cast depends of how long the mobs will live, if they change position (for example in brh at the stairs with the bats its kidna rare to cast many rofs because you keep moving upwards allmost all the time, FnB spamm is really good there with the occasional RoF) and their number.

Since you have the ring i think the ideal on a big pack would be to keep immolate on 3 or 4 targets, weave RoF to keep the dmg buff going and spamm incinerates.

For 3-4 packs i mean what you said ye..keep immolate on all of them,pick 2 of them according to priority and cleave them like there is no tomorrow.

Something i was underestimating at the start and i found it improved my performance a lot is that in aoe situations (when mobs dont die in like 5 sec) keeping lots of immolates up is really good dmg and its really worth it, instead of casting a few more incinerates with fnb. Not only cause of the shard regeneration which translates to RoF or CBs for cleaving but also for the dmg itself.

SC gives you a boost to your st dmg, everywhere else Havoc is kdina amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-11-21 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    It depends. FnB is the most aoe burst spell you have (appart from cataclysm, but fuck cata since RE is really good). So for big packs if they are really short lived you might even skip RoF and just spam incinerate with backdraft. Otherwise if they live for RoF to do its dmg keep immolate on as many as you can -->RoF-->incinarate with backdraft and continue accordingly.
    How many rofs you will cast depends of how long the mobs will live, if they change position (for example in brh at the stairs with the bats its kidna rare to cast many rofs because you keep moving upwards allmost all the time, FnB spamm is really good there with the occasional RoF) and their number.

Since you have the ring i think the ideal on a big pack would be to keep immolate on 3 or 4 targets, weave RoF to keep the dmg buff going and spamm incinerates.

For 3-4 packs i mean what you said ye..keep immolate on all of them,pick 2 of them according to priority and cleave them like there is no tomorrow.

Something i was underestimating at the start and i found it improved my performance a lot is that in aoe situations (when mobs dont die in like 5 sec) keeping lots of immolates up is really good dmg and its really worth it, instead of casting a few more incinerates with fnb. Not only cause of the shard regeneration which translates to RoF or CBs for cleaving but also for the dmg itself.

SC gives you a boost to your st dmg, everywhere else Havoc is kdina amazing.
    Thanks a lot man, that was helpful af. I'll give it a shot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yeerk009 View Post
    Have tried out this build for low level mythics myself and works surprisingly well, surprised it's not that popular yet..but i guess it depends on whether your group (or tank) has the balls to do large (3 or more) pulls? It still does performs well for 2 targets situation as usually the adds die within 2-3 chaos bolts , more than sufficient time for your short havoc to do its work.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you do large pulls with implosion? I find my dps lacking for demo when there's only 1-2 targets...and implosion's really starts shining on large pulls. Some cautious tanks are only pulling one or two at a time in high mythics.
    With 1-2 targets I keep weaving 4imps, keep DS out and everything empowered. It's still >450k then. Keep weaving off your TKC cycle.