Deleted

Question Should i switch from EP/AP to MP/AP?

Hi guys,

After many SimC, i still can't figure out if i have to switch from EP/AP build to MP/AP
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/kaelthas/Earywen/

Any hands on this?

Deleted
    I don't think that 120% mastery is enough. Not even close.

I tried it with 138% and even then the MP bonus to AP wasn't enough to outperform EP.

You can just check how much MP increase your AP... should be at least 2.8-3% to make it worth.

Deleted
    That a shitload of mastery to gather...

Deleted
    Lets see what the ptr brings us. Im still not certanly how blizz whats to make haste attraktive to us when crit and mastery are so damn important.

At what point AP beats Exsang?

I've got like 147% mastery now and MP/AP just sims a bit more than EP/AP now. I'm not sure how exactly it would change my rotation, but you'd still want 5-6 (i guess 4 is okay too) for keeping surge of toxins up. Besides that you should then get more envenom and bag of tricks damage. I went back to EP/AP for now.
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earywen View Post
    That a shitload of mastery to gather...
    its nearly impossible to gather alot of mastery just with upgrading the gear, because blizzard done a realy bad endgame scaling for legion.
    they officialy noted that with legion, the stats early on in the game are high so any build ( eg. builds which need alot of crit/mastery like assa ap/ep ) could work!

But the middle/late expansion scaling is horrible, so dont except to go much higher then from 140 to 160% mastery just with heroic/mythic nighthold gear, it wont work. Also there is a lot of useless haste on our set items, so have to atleast use 2 set items with haste.
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2016-11-22 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    its nearly impossible to gather alot of mastery just with upgrading the gear, because blizzard done a realy bad endgame scaling for legion.
    they officialy noted that with legion, the stats early on in the game are high so any build ( eg. builds which need alot of crit/mastery like assa ap/ep ) could work!

But the middle/late expansion scaling is horrible, so dont except to go much higher then from 140 to 160% mastery just with heroic/mythic nighthold gear, it wont work. Also there is a lot of useless haste on our set items, so have to atleast use 2 set items with haste.
    Well you cant just gear in raids to get best gear as possible. In legion m+ is really important.

Deleted
    does MP doubledip Surge of Toxins or is that just a base 5% extra on top of MPd AP?

With the incoming nerf of EP to 12% i guess mp will be outscaling ep at more then achievable mastery levels.

also, didn't deeper strat get nerfed?
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Nzelm View Post
    Well you cant just gear in raids to get best gear as possible. In legion m+ is really important.
    i got 9200 mastery mainly from raids

my only non raid items are a crafted ring and items which have replacements with mastery on them from raids.
    there's a mast item for literally every slot

oh and btw if i had the trinket from guarm or nightbane that'd put my mastery at like 10500

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i got 9200 mastery mainly from raids

my only non raid items are a crafted ring and items which have replacements with mastery on them from raids.
    there's a mast item for literally every slot

oh and btw if i had the trinket from guarm or nightbane that'd put my mastery at like 10500
    You can get mastery but you can't get full crit mastery gear from raid not anywhere close. And even without ep crit is still going to beat out the other stats you get on en/tov gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    You can get mastery but you can't get full crit mastery gear from raid not anywhere close. And even without ep crit is still going to beat out the other stats you get on en/tov gear.
    yeah that's true i guess. but i mean, i never find anything from mythic+ even though ive done like 400 of them :/ so even if i wanted to i couldnt use all mast/crit (or well mast/vers in my case since im sub but still)

but with double mastery trinket (from guarm and nightbane) your mastery can skyrocket

Yea the rng on rng on rng with gearing this exp is horrible.