Thread: Thanks blizz...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Really? Are yiu sure it wasn't because of the berrage buff and retarded critical damage of chimera shot with the lone wolf combo?
    nope instant aim shots.

Deleted
    Same, Sub run out today, wont Sub again anytime soon. Bad Legendary Luck and MM crippled. Not worth the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Design =/= damage. I couldn't give a shit if it was the top dps spec by 40%, I still wouldn't play it. It's not fun in any ways whatsoever.

But way to completely ignore and miss the point. Not everyone cares about numbers.
    That's the point. The design wasn't even complete when the PTR build went live. Wait until the patch notes + finished build which will probably come after the holidays. Then we'll know the mechanics changes being put into play. Right now people are just spitting in the wind trying to guess where MM is going.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Are yiu sure it wasn't because of the berrage buff and retarded critical damage of chimera shot with the lone wolf combo?
    Instant aimed shot from 4 piece was something like a 10% + damage boost. It had great synergy with rapid fire + thrill for burning down priority targets because we had no penalty to target switching.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    MM in HFC with instant AS was fucking perfection. They fucked it up for the sake of change, and change for its own sake is never good.

Should've just baked the instant AS into the baseline of the spec and rebalanced it around that. Job fucking done.

Instead, we have the fucking abortion of a spec we have now, and in 7.1.5.

SideWinders is a fucking horrendous talent that breaks the flow of the spec, especially with the massive dollop of RNG that determines whether you're blessed with procs or not.

I prefer having my damage output within my control, and if I pull shit numbers it's because I've played poorly, and I at least have work to do to improve my play.

With RNG virtually ruling? Pretty much not a fucking thing is in my control, other than overgearing content perhaps, or sacrificing a goat to RNGesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    MM in HFC with instant AS was fucking perfection. They fucked it up for the sake of change, and change for its own sake is never good.

Should've just baked the instant AS into the baseline of the spec and rebalanced it around that. Job fucking done.

SideWinders is a fucking horrendous talent that breaks the flow of the spec, especially with the massive dollop of RNG that determines whether you're blessed with procs or not.

I prefer having my damage output within my control, and if I pull shit numbers it's because I've played poorly, and I at least have work to do to improve my play.

With RNG virtually ruling? Pretty much not a fucking thing is in my control, other than overgearing content perhaps, or sacrificing a goat to RNGesus.
    Imagine playing a destro lock.

They seem to think RNG in every mechanic is fun because the feeling of getting lucky makes it worth it. x) And while it's true to some extent, there's too much atm.

I've been really enjoying WoW for the first time since early Cata this expansion, but i'll probably be quitting again if they are gonna go ahead with totally shitting on MM and Hunters in general.

I have no interest in maining another class, 12 years in and they still have to dramatically change classes between every patch to try balance them. Even with them separating PvE and PvP. It's comical, they'll never learn. And with Artifact Power being different for each spec it makes changing spec even more devastating mid expac

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    This is my personal pet peeve when people talk smack about the past and make up stuff.

MM was only awesome in HFC. People only changed to MM when they received their 4 set bonus that gave them instant aim shots. INSTANT AIM SHOTS is what main MM the best spec.
    Indeed. Making instand aimed shot baseline was all they had to do and they would have had a great spec.
    What does Blizzard do? "Snipers needs to toss snakes at people! That so fits the class fantasy!"

I mean.... What the fuck?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people on these forums care as little about you quitting as you do about re-subbing.

ahahahahahaha the fact you think marking targets procs are a huge source of RNG shows how ignorant you are. Marking targets procs are incredibly predictable and consistent. I don't know why you even care. You haven't cleared anything harder than normal EN. You can do that stuff with braindead dps. It's always funny when people who spend maybe 5 hours a week playing the game try and play game designer.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=28 27 marking targets procs for me.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=37 26 procs for one of my co-hunters.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=28 30 for me
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=92 33 for him.

The variance is absolutely miniscule unless the reduction in vulnerable uptime results in non-vulnerable aimed shots(extremely unlikely with how high vulnerable uptime is on average)

People don't like the fact that mm is the dominet dps spec and that it literally puts you to sleep ontop of mm being awesome in WoD despite its simplicity. Mm didn't need to be changed in any way shape or form WoD and why they did what they did is beyond me.
    hunters so dominant they get benched on single-target fights(Guarm) and need tons of cleave to be able to compete.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-11-22 at 02:35 AM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

can I have this guys stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    hunters so dominant they get benched on single-target fights(Guarm) and need tons of cleave to be able to compete.
    The fact that 1 MM hunter was brought into Mythic Guarm for Exorsus, 2 MM hunters for Serenity and 3 Hunters for Method. Shows they don't get benched for ST fights, their ST fights are not that bad, the issue is that there is quite a lot of rng to it.

In Danish terrace atleast, the MM hunter was like 5th. Method they were 7th and 10th. They weren't getting carried, they pulled their own weight. The ST for hunters never needed a buff to ST when the cleave was so strong and their ST wasn't bad enough to just not bring them at all.

It may be a different case now, no one knows how they'll turn out in 7.1.5.

I'm wishing so very hard right now that I didn't buy a token for 50k and have to play the rest of the month. It's been like 5 days since I reupped and I've barely put any time into the game cause I know what's coming. RIP Hunters once more.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't cleared anything harder than normal EN.
    Stopped reading anything else after this. Don't need to complete Mythic Helya to have an opinion on the spec.

For your edification, I've been concentrating on my Druid for the past couple of months, and only started playing this hunter again last week after levelling her a couple of months ago then putting 100% of my time horde side.

On my Horde Hunter I'd already cleared heroic HFC within weeks of it coming out, my Alliance Hunter is a new character, so do me a favour and do one with your unnecessary attempts at elitism.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2016-11-22 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks Bungie!

Stopped reading anything else after this. Don't need to complete Mythic Helya to have an opinion on the spec.

For your edification, I've been concentrating on my Druid for the past couple of months, and only started playing this hunter again last week after levelling her a couple of months ago then putting 100% of my time horde side.

On my Horde Hunter I'd already cleared heroic HFC within weeks of it coming out, my Alliance Hunter is a new character, so do me a favour and do one with your unnecessary attempts at elitism.

Thanks.
    lol, typical. get blown out by empirical evidence and you just ignore it in order to make vapid, asinine remarks about how your ignorant 5-hour-a-week opinion is just as good as someone who plays 20+ hours a week doing the hardest content in the game where class balance actually matters. also holy shit bragging about clearing heroic HFC? Hilarious.

And you wonder why good players are so dismissive of your type.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-11-22 at 06:22 PM.
    Finbez
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, typical. get blown out by empirical evidence and you just ignore it in order to make vapid, asinine remarks about how your ignorant 5-hour-a-week opinion is just as good as someone who plays 20+ hours a week doing the hardest content in the game where class balance actually matters. also holy shit bragging about clearing heroic HFC? Hilarious.

You don't need to play 20 hours a week to make intelligent conclusions or opinions on whether something sucks. Sidewinders is hated by most hunters but you have no choice if you want to be top DPS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account

I was trying my best to be polite, but it turns out that you are in fact just a massive elitist dick.

Thanks for your non-contribution to the gene pool, humanity thanks you.

I was trying my best to be polite, but it turns out that you are in fact just a massive elitist dick.

Thanks for your non-contribution to the gene pool, humanity thanks you.
    I have yet to see any evidence to your claim that marking targets is a large source of RNG. Your entire argument is based on gut feeling. ...or are you just going to conveniently ignore my evidence because you like to make grandstanding statements about how I'm a "massive elitist dick"?
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-11-22 at 11:47 PM.
    Finbez

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunten View Post
    So my sub was up on Thursday and I did not re-up becausr I can't stand what they have done to the Hunter class. 1Went to peruse the wow forums this morning and found that I cannot post without a sub......genius way to keep people happy with your business guys.2 Well at least mmo champ is still here for me.3 I really hope blizz finally pulls their heads out of a mages ass and fixes hunters sooner than later so I can enjoy logging in again. 4Granted I will be so far behind on research and ap....gah5
    1. ok so another "im quiting, pity me" thread'
    2. uhh... yeah allowing a official game forum where EVERYONE AND ANYONE can post... you look at these forums and every so often a advertising bot will pop in and make like 10 threads advertising something... imagine how the wow forums would be...
    3. we dont need more "i quit pity me" threads
    4. doesent every class say this? hunters are in a really good spot right now, not the top dps... but a ranged class that can cast and move, with very good mobility should never be top dps...
    5. thats your fault for quitting, you will be able to catch up with the catch up mechanics, suck it up
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Ya know, I'm not quitting, but I did reroll b/c Legion hunter design is just completely unfun by a pretty vastly popular opinion. So, I can see where the OP is coming from to a degree. I've mained hunter for going on 11 years but despite giving it my best effort I just couldn't bring myself to ever like what Blizz did to the class. It's irrelevant where I sit on the DPS meters if the class isn't any fun to play, and right now I don't find the class to be remotely fun any longer. BUT, I did find I liked a few other classes in Legion, so I've simply re-rolled at this point.