Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fully immersive world where players are responsible for everything. Sure, there has to be PvE, but I'd love a PvPvE world where everything is determined and built by the players.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Diablo with actual support. Not an MMO, but MMOs aren't really MMOs anymore.

that or Ultima Online T2A modernized.

Royal Road from the Korean Light Novel The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Pretty much a full dive mmo that works like real life but with a fantasy settings and 5 days in the game is 1 real day. And it's super grindy.

Middle Earth Online, but done with care, detail, and beauty. True high fantasy MMO.

Setting: Medieval Fantasy
    Combat: Guild Wars 2
    Classes: Mainstream -- fixed, as in WoW, GW etc.
    Quest system: No guided questing, something like Skyrim.
    Factions: Several, at least three. No PvP affiliation with factions, just lore and item rewards.
    PvP: Free for all in wilds unless in party, no PvP in cities due to guards. Bounty system for aggressive players.
    Professions: Heart of the game as much as dungeons and whatnot. Best items can be crafted.
    End-game: 5man dungeons, 10man raids.
    Misc: Stealing is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Fully immersive world where players are responsible for everything. Sure, there has to be PvE, but I'd love a PvPvE world where everything is determined and built by the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Diablo with actual support. Not an MMO, but MMOs aren't really MMOs anymore.

that or Ultima Online T2A modernized.
    These cover my response pretty well.

I love when games have player shaped aspects to them. This is very contrasting to how WoW has their players on a rail and you're just along for the ride.

My ideal game would have a lot of meta moments where players run the towns, leadership etc. More epic dynamic story events that just occur spontaneously and involve the community.

Most of the fond MMORPG moments I've had were from player/GM created events, and less from the strict confines of a see mob kill mob setting.

The biggest element I want to see in an MMO is permanent death. When you die, whether you are level 1 or max level your lifeless body hits the floor and never stand back up. Your items can only be retrieved if the death occurred in PvP, and only your opponent could retrieve them. They would be bound to the person who takes them to prevent any abuse of the system. PvP would be restricted to arena combat. You could choose to fight in a match of any group size as long as the other group agrees. All levels would be able to participate with no normalization. Because of the perma-death, matches would mostly (shame on me for trying to predict player behavior) only happen between players who have some sort of grudge or score to settle.

I feel like people would actually care about their character if tomorrow wasn't guaranteed. You would HAVE to care if you wanted to survive. You couldn't run head first into a boss fight without caring whether or not your group would wipe. Every death would be a loss to the player and to any group they are a part of.

Mine is World of Warcraft as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original (and only!) Guild Wars except not dead and continued content development. That WAS my dream MMO. It's a great game to play solo but nothing compared to when you could play the best pvp ever made and awesome community it had. I hate game developers, they don't respect or appreciate their customers/gamers at all, just straight up abandon projects in favor of more ca$uals / 'todays' gamers that can't use their fuckin brain.

Realistically but not likely, meaning something that I could possibly see happen in my lifetime, it would be an MMO very similar to GW collecting new skills and abilities like The Secret World. Those guys at funcom were so close to making my dream come true with a GW successor. Their engine feels so drab and combat sucks but they are totally on point with the progression system and customization, not to mention the awesome story. Maybe if they had a bigger budget.

Can't believe they were the ones that made AoC, god that game was AWFUL
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2016-11-28 at 11:30 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any real ideas for gameplay type stuff - I'd rather leave that to people who know what they're doing ..

But as for setting, I would love to play in a modern or slightly futuristic Real World setting (i.e. on planet earth, not in some made up place), but with a certain amount of mystical or magical stuff thrown in. Along the lines of Shadowrun, or Vampire:The Masquerade (World of Darkness).

I'd also like a world which has a true sense of scale. Everything in Azeroth just feels so small, for example. Stormwind is supposedly a great big city, but I can hop on a ground mount and get from one side to the other in 45 seconds. The map in GTA Online is a great example of what feels good : a massive city that believably has millions of inhabitants.

A next gen World of Warcraft on a cutting edge game engine in 4k VR and with haptic feedback support.

Dream MMORPG is already out(CBT) Called "Revelation Online" there is literally everything average MMO player can dream of.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Setting: Berserk universe, dark and greedy.
    Combat Style: Either Diablo-like, or very fast action based, something like Darksiders, or even faster.
    Progression: Random loot or very little progression based on itens, more on skill trees
    Classes: all the medieval shit that you can think of: Blacksmith, Soldier, Crafter, Barbarian, Archer, Sorcerer, etc.