Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Queue times can be improved in many ways. That "should" not be "the" issue, and if it is, there are other "problems".

If it has such a big impact on queue times: Change the system to an Opt-In, and encourage people to Opt-In for more BGs with better/more rewards, or favour them with queue preference and other stuff. This way players have a "real" choice if they dislike more than 2 BGs, with an appropriate payoff for their negative impact on queue times.

Seems fair to me, and I would start blacklisting deepwing gorge and SoTA in addition to AV and IoC.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually blacklist IoC and AV no matter the faction. I despise SotA but compared to IoC/AV its small scale and has some PVP. But it's not one I like. Last few days I feel SotA has made up about 50% of the Random BGs I've done.

Been wanting 3rd Blacklist Slot since MoP. Still waiting.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Too many people narrowly define "PvP" as "Character Vs Character Combat".

PvP is any activity in which you are competing with other players.

There is already skyrocketing queue times because of lack of incentive to play PvP at all (Casual or otherwise). You want to make it worse by allowing more bans? That isn't going to work.

That being said, PvP, particularly "casual" (Non-rated) PvP needs some serious love.

We need two more CTF maps. One needs to be 5v5 (and always require a healer), and the other needs to be 10v10 or even 15v15 (could be a multiple-flag CTF).

Wintergrasp and Tol Barad need to be revamped for proper scaling (and i dont for one moment buy Blizzard's bullshit about how hard it would be).

Then you separate PvP into three/four queues (and allow people to queue into all three queues, and allow one "id rather not get this BG"/ban per queue).

The three queues become:

Warzones (AV, IoC, Tol Barad, Wintergrasp) - 40v40.
    Objectives (AB, BfG, Eye, SSM, DWG)
    CTF (WSG, Twin Peaks + 2 new CTF maps)

Strand: increase to 20v20 and add to Warzones or remove
    Temple of Failmogu: delete, or leave, along with TMvSS as a 4th queue (skirmishes); these only give you the honor you earn from kills and a small bonus for winning. No boxes/gear. Or, tie some cool Xmog gear to this queue with BGs in this queue rewarding a different mark of honor than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ^ I agree for the most part.

Back in MoP I saw a post on Blizz forums about taking AV, TB, WG, IoC, SotA and calling them "War Campaigns" in their own catagory/que. Would have required some revamping as you said, but then they started the BS about how "hard" it would be for say, AV. They claimed AV was 'held together with band-aids and baling wire' or some crap, a coders nightmare, blah blah.

Never bought a word of it. They just didn't want to spend the money/effort.

ToK is dumb and should get deleted from BGs. It's just an arena-type deathmatch zerg with flag stacks added. If you want that you can arena. Or they could put the map in arena - close off the area outside the walls, and add some pillars to hump in mid...BAM a new, balanced arena map. SSM is not much better - it's Horde biased because they have closer GYs and also favors melee because of the need to group near carts.

And yes, I'd say we need many more BGs and arena maps. 12 years and by now we should have a couple dozen of each.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-11-24 at 06:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    They should create a special queue for arathi bassin since its the best BG no contest.

I don't like warsong gulch anymore since its become a whole "help retake the flag please, oh no one acts as a team, oh they have 50 rogues defending,great lets wait for the debuff"
    you know you can que for just ab you just don't get the random bonus.

Deleted
    They should remove the blacklist option completely.

Random battleground bonus is awarded for bravely standing up to whatever comes your way. Blacklisting half of the battlegrounds does not sound like that.

Deleted
    Make warsong gulch a 40 vs 40 battleground but keep it the same size

lets have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Make warsong gulch a 40 vs 40 battleground but keep it the same size

lets have fun
    Yeah Blizzes idea of fun: 80 people in a lagfest cluster fuck. None of the 40m maps should ever have been more than 20-25m.