Thread: Lavalash

Lavalash

does anyone else want to see lava lash be relevant again? I would not mind seeing the stack buff come back instead of hot hand so that we can actually predict out damage and fit it into our rotation.

Lava Lash has a job, to burn off excess Maelstrom, and its only obstacle is that CL with CS muscles in on its position in the rotation.
    I don't think it really needs any significant change.

To be honest I would like to see lava lash have a 40 maelstrom cost and slightly more dmg because of that because, for burst sometimes you waste some maelstrom and cant dump enough, well unless you are lucky with stormbringer that is

What i mean by revelant is do more damage, i mean to replace the hot hand talent with the idea of no more rng, assuming(hopefully) that blizz with make boulder fist built into enh shamans
    Last edited by valorious; 2016-11-22 at 03:50 AM.

No.

I hate the gaps in the Boulderfist rotation. I love the unpredictability of the Hot Hand rotation.

Leave Lava Lash alone, it's a different playstyle for those who enjoy it. (And Akainu's is getting buffed next patch.)
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by valorious View Post
    What i mean by revelant is do more damage, i mean to replace the hot hand talent with the idea of no more rng, assuming(hopefully) that blizz with make boulder fist built into enh shamans
    More damage wouldn't necessarily make you hit it more.
    You will only hit Lava Lash when you have more Maelstrom than you need.
    If it ever does enough damage that you want to hit it instead of any other button you spend Maelstrom on, you have broken your rotation.
    Lava Lash has no cooldown, so once it becomes more Damager per MS efficient than another skill, you will literally never use that other skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    More damage wouldn't necessarily make you hit it more.
    You will only hit Lava Lash when you have more Maelstrom than you need.
    If it ever does enough damage that you want to hit it instead of any other button you spend Maelstrom on, you have broken your rotation.
    Lava Lash has no cooldown, so once it becomes more Damager per MS efficient than another skill, you will literally never use that other skill.
    I am fine with it being a filler i just believe that it would be nice to see(if talented into) to see lava lash take a bigger role into the rotation

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would like to see Crash Lightning become Cleave/AoE and Lava Lash being ST and them both fulfilling a similar purpose. It does feel weird that it is essentially a "press this if youve got nothing to do and excess MP". Making it relevant via damage is not the answer. The reason why its a unrewarding spell is because it doesnt proc Stormbringer.

But, I dont really care enough about it to make a song and dance. If its not broke dont fix it.

Given some of the changes in 7.1.5 itll probably take an even further backseat as excess Maelstrom becomes a little less plentiful, but, wont be as lackluster to use.

Deleted
    If Lava Lash was "just" to burn off excess Maelstrom, the ability would be fine as it is right now. But as it is, we have two different traits tied to it - and while the general +% damage increase is fine, having a golden trait that you almost never see, can be pretty disheartening.

There are two solutions to this: Either make Doom Vortex proc consistently (using eg PPM to make sure that the first LL cast in a while will guarantee a proc), or make Lava Lash something we cast more often. If we go the second route, then Lava Lash is no longer an ability to "just" burn off Maelstrom.

They could also rework Hot Hand to something a little bit more interesting, like: "Auto attacks you do while Flametongue is active increases the damage of your next Lava Lash by 2%, stacking up to 100 stacks".

If I only auto attacked, with a speed of 2.25 on both weapons, I'll get 53 stacks each minute, but this is not factoring in random haste procs. 53 stacks would give me 106% extra damage on Lava Lash, and I could choose when to use this.

Is 2% enough? Maybe not. But if it was, say, 5%, then people in PvP could theoretically get 100 stacks for 500% extra damage, which might be a tad excessive. But it would be fun!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I personally would like to see Crash Lightning become Cleave/AoE and Lava Lash being ST and them both fulfilling a similar purpose. It does feel weird that it is essentially a "press this if youve got nothing to do and excess MP". Making it relevant via damage is not the answer. The reason why its a unrewarding spell is because it doesnt proc Stormbringer.

But, I dont really care enough about it to make a song and dance. If its not broke dont fix it.
    Exactly this. I mean, personally, I really like where we are right now and find myself hoping they leave Enhancement alone. That said, if they do decide that they can't help themselves and must change things, then yeah, figuring out a way to make LL the single target answer to Crash lighting (Maybe by making it do slightly higher damage than CrL and leaving a burning dot similar to CrLs field damage for the same Maelstrom cost) would be a good way to go.

Why can't unspent Maelstrom cause a stacking buff, something like 50 wasted MSP becomes a 50% stacked buff on next Lava Lash, but if you let it stack to 100% you take some fire damage.

just make it proc windfury ;>

id rather it just have a passive cleave effect so it was our go to for aoe over stormstrike

Deleted
    Btw I tested a bit hot hand on the ptr with legendary bracers and about 80% mastery and with a proc LL does 800/900k damage per hit

Deleted
    normal hit ~400k/500k crit 800/900k (on a hot hand proc not a normal LL) someone know the % to proc that btw ?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    id rather it just have a passive cleave effect so it was our go to for aoe over stormstrike
    I would also like to see LL have a cleave effect. Like Lava Lash for single target, and Lava Slash for a cleave effect. Would be the same ability, interchangable and share the same CD, and you use one or the other depending on how many enemies. They could make it so if CL hits 3+ targets then your next LL will cleave for double damage or something.

I think its kinda sad how shitty LL is now, and how it is rarely used.... but since other abilities have higher priority and do good damage then I can't complain too much. LL is just a MS dump, but at the very least it should do good damage and would love to see it be some kind of finisher ability for aoe/cleave stuff since our burst cleave is a lil low.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait till Nighthold, with 4P set bonus you will use lava lash instead of crash lightning. I guess.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    Wait till Nighthold, with 4P set bonus you will use lava lash instead of crash lightning. I guess.
    Probably wont be using it too much more due to FoA.

Current consensus is that its just being propped up so that GCD isnt as unrewarding, rather than an ability we want to use.