Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or just, you know, fund NPR more.
    LOL NPR needs to be defunded.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

I guess having a rape fantasy is one way to cope with a Trump presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It was valid, because citing the source is not sufficient. I can say right now, "Eating chocolate in large amounts grants you immortality, according to the research of World Chocolate Association" - I cited the source, yet that hardly qualifies as anything other than my fantasy. Now, if I link the source and the actual publication in which such a claim is made, that will be a different matter entirely.

That's not true, simply because not all media (in fact most media) use links since they are not online media. TV journalism can't link anything, traditional press can't link anything on their paper support, radio journalism can't use hyperlinks either. Does that mean all their news is fantasy? Nope, it simply means that backtracking to the source, provided a source was given (if not, the news is fantasy, indeed), takes longer. It is more than enough to cite the source, as long as your reference is accurate and points to an actual existing and accessible source (either by everyone or by asking permission). That is also how all peer reviewed publication work. It is ultimately up to the reader to evaluate the trustworthiness of the journalist and eventually back track to the source to check it out, which is why journalists get away with lying so much easier than academics.

Hyperlinks are just a tool online journalism can use to improve its quality (in certain cases), paint a more trustworthy image of itself (not all links point to an actually valid source, but any source is better than none) or make it easier for the reader to back track to the source (since not everyone can or will use google if the a link was not provided). Not using them does not invalidate traditional journalism methods, though. You can ask your professor.

Deleted
    stress from trump winning can lead to masochistic acts and fantasies so she can relief her self. i think its normal from the liberals to fantasie rape atm

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If true, punish her extra severe. Give a strong message towards anyone else that would think about trying this.

I hope under the Trump administration the crybaby/triggered/safe space development amongst young millennials will be completely eliminated.
    But Trump needs his safe space. He called for the theater to be a safe space and he disabled comments on his recent Youtube release. If it's good for him, then it's good for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    LOL NPR needs to be defunded.
    NPR is barely funded by the government as it is. NPR gets about 2% of it's funding from the government so you can cut it out all together and it would not make much of a difference. Besides, every time people complain about NPR it's usually to say they are left or liberal leaning, yet, studies show they skew right in their reporting, personalities, and opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It was valid, because citing the source is not sufficient. I can say right now, "Eating chocolate in large amounts grants you immortality, according to the research of World Chocolate Association" - I cited the source, yet that hardly qualifies as anything other than my fantasy. Now, if I link the source and the actual publication in which such a claim is made, that will be a different matter entirely.
    You aren't a local news station, they are and the World Chocolate Association might be something you just invented, we are not to know, whereas people in Kirkland will know that the Kirkland Police Department isn't fictional.

It is just a bog standard local news station, they are typically excellent sources for local news.

Wait, how is a police incident report not a valid " source " ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Wait, how is a police incident report not a valid " source " ?
    Nothing is a valid source if it runs against the SJW/feminist narrative

It's sort of like nothing is a valid source for scientific proof of evolution - if you're a creationist

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread got completely derailed. Since no discussion about the topic's being done, locking this here.