Advice: Leveling a Holy Priest with just LFD

Greetings fellow Priests and Priestesses,

I am currently, as the topic reveals, leveling my holy priest by just using
    Looking for Dungeon, sofar it's going great and I am leveling 68.

How far do you reckon this will work until I need to do world content?

Once you get to WoD content you'll want to start focusing on bonus objectives just because the dungeons get really repetitive if nothing else. There's only one dungeon for each level range. You do BSM 6 or 7 times... then ID 6 or 7 times... then Auch, then SR. Plus you actually get barred from entering each of these based on item level unless you're both buying heirlooms for every single slot and loading up on WoD-era crafted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    Greetings fellow Priests and Priestesses,

I am currently, as the topic reveals, leveling my holy priest by just using
    Looking for Dungeon, sofar it's going great and I am leveling 68.

How far do you reckon this will work until I need to do world content?
    High 80s low 90s

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    High 80s low 90s

Thank you both for your replies.
    Would you satt Disc is a good leveling spec?
    I tries shadow but didn't like it that much.

Deleted
    I leveled my priest to 100 using dungeons so it's viable if you really don't want to go quest. But yeah, disc is probably the best questing specc.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I leveled my priest to 100 using dungeons so it's viable if you really don't want to go quest. But yeah, disc is probably the best questing specc.

Awesome, how did you get around the itemlvl requirements in WoD?
    Did you buy crafted gear where heirlooms were missing?

Only reason why I level this priest is to learn the healing mechanics in group.
    That's why I don't want to play solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    Awesome, how did you get around the itemlvl requirements in WoD?
    Did you buy crafted gear where heirlooms were missing?

Only reason why I level this priest is to learn the healing mechanics in group.
    That's why I don't want to play solo.
    Hmm. I think I probably did the very first quests where you run around Tanaan with Khadgar and the Gang to get some items? Not sure.

Deleted
    I leveled my priest as disc/holy a few weeks back, doing mostly dungeons. I'm level 102 right now. I specced shadow for the first time at level 98, where you can go to Legion content.

I did quests while running dungeons from outland onwards. Disc is great for questing and great for dungeons too. You will often be top dps as disc. I only went holy when I felt like lazily healing dungeons or the group dps was so high I couldn't do anything myself. Questing as disc works fine. You've got more burst than shadow, probably all the way the up till around level 100, and even then it will only be a little bit behind. Holy can burst very hard too, but the cooldown on the burst is longer, which makes it more akward to use, in my opinion. It does work, though.

Dungeons give a lot of xp, up till around level 68, where a combination of dungeons and quests will start to be better. You'd be best of doing each dungeon just once, even queueing specific if needed. When you reach WoD content at level 90, dungeons will be nearly worthless in terms of xp, and you'll be much better off doing quests. Of course you can still queue for the occasional dungeon, but I would not recommend it.

When you reach level 98, you can go to the Broken Isles. Relog for the quest to trigger. You will need to do quests at this point to unlock world quests for the first time. If you have already unlocked them, it is not needed as much, but you will still need it for reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I leveled my priest as disc/holy a few weeks back, doing mostly dungeons. I'm level 102 right now. I specced shadow for the first time at level 98, where you can go to Legion content.

I did quests while running dungeons from outland onwards. Disc is great for questing and great for dungeons too. You will often be top dps as disc. I only went holy when I felt like lazily healing dungeons or the group dps was so high I couldn't do anything myself. Questing as disc works fine. You've got more burst than shadow, probably all the way the up till around level 100, and even then it will only be a little bit behind. Holy can burst very hard too, but the cooldown on the burst is longer, which makes it more akward to use, in my opinion. It does work, though.

Dungeons give a lot of xp, up till around level 68, where a combination of dungeons and quests will start to be better. You'd be best of doing each dungeon just once, even queueing specific if needed. When you reach WoD content at level 90, dungeons will be nearly worthless in terms of xp, and you'll be much better off doing quests. Of course you can still queue for the occasional dungeon, but I would not recommend it.

When you reach level 98, you can go to the Broken Isles. Relog for the quest to trigger. You will need to do quests at this point to unlock world quests for the first time. If you have already unlocked them, it is not needed as much, but you will still need it for reputation.
    Thanks a bunch! I'll try your advice.

You don't need to relog to trigger the broken isles quest. You can get it off the quest board in capital cities.