Thread: Garbage Gear

10+ Year Old Account

Garbage Gear

So I was looking through the current available raids loot tables, and it seems pretty easy to understand each piece of gear.

[Agi/Int/Str]
    Stamina
    -----
    Big Stat
    Little Stat

For Fire the big stat HAS to be Crit. Whether or not they 'fix' fire, the idea of gearing anything besides crit just seems terrible, unfun, and counterproductive to playing a spec that relies on Crits. A spec which has had the 'Crit' identity since Vanilla.

Yet of the raid gear...

8 out of 38 pieces of gear are usable.

So to be productive as a Mage in a raid I'd have to spend half the time gearing up in Mythic+

Is it just me or does this seem frustrating and wrong?

Edit:

And not just half the time in Mythic+, half the time in a +8 or +9, to POSSIBLY get a piece of loot from that dungeon, and MAAAAYBE get the piece of loot I'm looking for.

And ONCE a week, HOPEFULLY, POSSIBLY, MAAAAYBE get a piece of loot that is beneficial and not just utter garbage compared to an 845 WQ with a socket.

I feel the same way. I looked through the loot obtainable and the ratio of loot I want to trash loot is ridiculous really.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

No good legs in EN, guarm has good ones, otherwise you have to run m+ dht/mos for decent legs, seems reasonable...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    While crit has more value than haste/mastery, it is not mandatory at all that all your pieces have crit. With ToV and Kara being added, there is a good item for every item slot there.

Fire mages have only 1 ring in their bis list that comes from a mythic dungeon, so there is really no reason to whine about gear.

It's impossible to "perfectly" gear your character right now without going M+ and Karazhan. Simple as that. :-) It's really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Fire mages have only 1 ring in their bis list that comes from a mythic dungeon, so there is really no reason to whine about gear.
    Our first BiS non-legendary ring comes from Mythic+, the other BiS non-legendary ring is a random world drop.. Have fun farming that one.. (or buying it for a fortune from the AH)
    (http://www.wowhead.com/item=141580/v...oversized-ring)
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2016-11-23 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    While crit has more value than haste/mastery, it is not mandatory at all that all your pieces have crit. With ToV and Kara being added, there is a good item for every item slot there.

>it is not mandatory at all that all your pieces have crit.
    >all your pieces have crit.
    >have crit.

Yes. Yes it is.

Every piece of gear on my character should not only have crit, but the large stat should be crit, the small stat? Vers/Mastery/Haste, it'd be fine if like, there were 3 glove items, all had the large stat crit, and the small stat was one of Haste/Vers/Mastery, one would clearly be BIS, but the other two would at LEAST be useful.

Let me be clear about my grievance.

I want to raid to get gear.

I accept that Blizz wants an alternative path in the form of Mythic+ Dungeons to getting geared up. That's cool.

But the way it feels now is that Mythic+ Dungeons are mandatory because the gear in EN and ToV are garbage for my spec.

I find mythic plus to be even better than raids for gearing.

If you are raiding and you want a specific piece of gear, if it doesn't drop, you will have to wait until it resets to get another shot at getting it.

On the other hand, you can spam M+ untill you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    >it is not mandatory at all that all your pieces have crit.
    >all your pieces have crit.
    >have crit.

Yes. Yes it is.

Every piece of gear on my character should not only have crit, but the large stat should be crit, the small stat? Vers/Mastery/Haste, it'd be fine if like, there were 3 glove items, all had the large stat crit, and the small stat was one of Haste/Vers/Mastery, one would clearly be BIS, but the other two would at LEAST be useful.

Let me be clear about my grievance.

I want to raid to get gear.

I accept that Blizz wants an alternative path in the form of Mythic+ Dungeons to getting geared up. That's cool.

But the way it feels now is that Mythic+ Dungeons are mandatory because the gear in EN and ToV are garbage for my spec.

Just wait until Tier Gear that you receive that has 0 crit on it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's almost like Blizzard is changing our entire spec to fix this in 7.1.5. Thank you for stating something we've all known since Beta

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rage128 View Post
    Just wait until Tier Gear that you receive that has 0 crit on it.
    Oh no, not 2 whole pieces without crit. It's almost like we need 1800 Haste along with all of that crit, along with Mastery and versatility
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I don't mind them spreading the BIS pieces over a couple kinds of content. It's more of an achievement that way, and not just rolling coins on particular bosses every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    So I was looking through the current available raids loot tables, and it seems pretty easy to understand each piece of gear.

[Agi/Int/Str]
    Stamina
    -----
    Big Stat
    Little Stat

For Fire the big stat HAS to be Crit. Whether or not they 'fix' fire, the idea of gearing anything besides crit just seems terrible, unfun, and counterproductive to playing a spec that relies on Crits. A spec which has had the 'Crit' identity since Vanilla.

Yet of the raid gear...

8 out of 38 pieces of gear are usable.

So to be productive as a Mage in a raid I'd have to spend half the time gearing up in Mythic+

Is it just me or does this seem frustrating and wrong?

Edit:

And not just half the time in Mythic+, half the time in a +8 or +9, to POSSIBLY get a piece of loot from that dungeon, and MAAAAYBE get the piece of loot I'm looking for.

And ONCE a week, HOPEFULLY, POSSIBLY, MAAAAYBE get a piece of loot that is beneficial and not just utter garbage compared to an 845 WQ with a socket.
    If you aren't running for top 500 world you shouldn't bother with this. I know a lot of you are just copy pasting high end mages who play 1 month non stop when new content launches and spend days farming mythic + for full BIS crit gear because that (edit: does) did the most dps at that given time. But if your guild is hanging 500- ... this is just not required. Just have faith, blizzard will fix it in 7.1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. That's gonna be a joy to have :/

I'm really bummed with how gear is working out this expansion. It's been almost 3 months, no tier, and I love the excuse:

"Well we're just making raids as a 'tier', the 'tier sets' don't necessarily make a 'tier.'"

That's why I hated HighMaul.

Raiding is fun, I like doing it, but I don't like JUST doing it JUST to do it.

I was in Heroic EN the other day and we're farming bosses, loot drops, passed out, over and over and over again nothing worthwhile for me.

I don't mind not getting loot in a Raid, but to be in a situation where there's like 3 bosses that possibly offer an upgrade.

MEH.