Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    The ilvl of sims needs to be upped dramatically. Competitive players are all going to be 890 before we ever get our hands on tier pieces. 865 is basically your average normal raiding hero at this point who does a few m+ a week.

I think if SND ever got to a level of being competitive (which I hardly see being possible due to sharing with MFD) I just think they'd nerf it back down.
    I use 865 because my server has ONE mythic raiding guild, and it's on Alliance. lol

There's an option for 880-895 gear and you can manually set your bis as well. It's basically an easier to use SimC(and far less laggy).

I don't think SnD will ever pull ahead of MFD unless secondary states continue to scale to incredible levels. That being said - the point is it's an actual alternative rather than a DPS loss to not having a 100 talent at all. Some of us really despise the heavily RNG dependent skill while enjoying the rest of outlaw.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the inherent problems with any talent that replaces an existing ability. It's not enough to just make SnD equal to RtB. It has to equal to RtB plus one of the other talents in the row.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    That's one of the inherent problems with any talent that replaces an existing ability. It's not enough to just make SnD equal to RtB. It has to equal to RtB plus one of the other talents in the row.
    Right, and this is one of my problems with people suggesting this as a remedy for Outlaw's low-ish DPS in the first place. If they somehow make SND as strong as RTB + MFD, they haven't increased our DPS at all. They've just made 2 ways to achieve the same mediocre dps.

I wonder how it would be if they made Slice and Dice a normal ability and RtB a talent.

Deleted
    I did some short testing today , i have to mention i'm not a pro in wow or playing a rogue what so ever i just enjoy the playstyle and i think i perform pretty well compared to other rogues i got matched with in mythic + or pug raids.

So my Ilvl is 863 , just running my normal Assassination gear with 47% crit and 86% mastery and only 1% vers , drops down to 48% mastery in outlaw , sword on ilvl 879 and only got 2 golden traits in the weapon unlocked.
    Now i only tested this on the raiding boss training dummy and with roll of the dice , i was able to pull some crazy numbers here in there( highest was 370k with the 6 buffs)but that only happened once in the 10 minute test , other parts my dps would drop quickly to 220k even one downfall of really bad rolls in a row to 190k...) but 240k was the avarage dps after 10 minutes , now not many fights take 10 minutes but yeah ...
    Now when i took slice and dice my dps was steady at 240-250k the entire 10 minutes peaking a little above it when i popped CD's.
    I only tested because op was asking for mastery test's so i did , i don't really have vers gear as would be recommended for the spec , so i can't really compare numbers there...

Now i honestly would consider taking the slice and dice over roll the dice , because the consistency in the dps, and not relying on the rng of RTD.
    In all fairness i still won't reconsider taking the spec for boss fights because my sin spec is just pulling way higher numbers there , with the same gear.
    But yeah this is just my perspective from a guy with base 863 gear all in mastery / crit.