Deleted

Macro: PetMoveTo and the @cursor conditional

Hey, I'm trying to get this to work, but I've had little luck so far.

I have this quick and dirty macro to quickly position my pet in combat.

Code:
    /petMoveTo
    /petPassive
    It doesn't seem to work as well as I'd like, there's a significant delay with the repositioning, and sometimes the pet plain and simply ignores the new moveto position and strolls back to the previous one, especially in Combat. I usually fix it by pressing the hotkey a couple times, but the additional clicks then become a bother.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the new @cursor conditional but it doesn't seem to be working with /petMoveTo.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Deleted
    Havent tested it myself. But try something like this

#showtooltip petMoveTo
    /petPassive
    /cast [@cursor] petMoveTo

Quote Originally Posted by babebridou View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to get this to work, but I've had little luck so far.

I have this quick and dirty macro to quickly position my pet in combat.

Code:
    /petMoveTo
    /petPassive
    It doesn't seem to work as well as I'd like, there's a significant delay with the repositioning, and sometimes the pet plain and simply ignores the new moveto position and strolls back to the previous one, especially in Combat. I usually fix it by pressing the hotkey a couple times, but the additional clicks then become a bother.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the new @cursor conditional but it doesn't seem to be working with /petMoveTo.

Does anyone know of a solution?
    I had a lot of issues with the pet and Hati and the moveTo command. Mostly because it will stay at the move to location when really, after the mob dies you want it to follow you. But it won't, it will stay there and sometimes you will forget to set to follow.

My workaround is to just not use the moveto command ever. I move to the location i want my pets to go to and cast pet follow. Isn't it nice we can freely move and dps?

Macro 1:
    /petpassive
    /petfollow

Macro 2:
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /cast Kill Command

You need the pet passive in macro 1 because if you are still attacking a target with petassist, the pets will just ignore your follow and keep attacking.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-11-24 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Havent tested it myself. But try something like this

#showtooltip petMoveTo
    /petPassive
    /cast [@cursor] petMoveTo
    These don't work
    Nor does /petmoveto [@cursor]
    The ability's name is Move To(Pet Command) but using /cast [@cursor] Move To(Pet Command) doesn't work either. I haven't found a way to get the move to ability to work with the new @cursor conditional.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys.
    @Teuq, I also tried those, was hoping someone had a working syntax to use the spell name in a /cast [@cursor] macro. No luck I guess.
    @Kirbypro, your advice is sound for party/raid situation, but when soloing some bosses (for instance Dargrul) even BM's mobility isn't good enough, you pretty much have to use the petmoveto to reposition the boss while you go somewhere else.