Deleted

Demon Spikes : Makro

What do you guys think about this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Demon Spikes
    /cancelaura Demon Spikes
    /use Demon Spikes
    Intention:
    If we use the second charge of Demon Spikes while it's active, we don't get the 10% parry-buff from Defensive Spikes.
    I've testet this macro - works fine (for me).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the point in using this, considering that it costs you uptime. Just wait for Demon Spikes to fall off and recast it immediately.

There was also something being discussed yesterday about how this can be disadvantageous if you have some mastery proc, as you can chaincast Demon Spikes after the proc wears off to maintain the higher DR.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-11-24 at 02:29 PM.

Too risky, if you accidently tap twice on this button you will immediately cancel it.

Just set up a weakaura to track the time left on the buff..?

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    What do you guys think about this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Demon Spikes
    /cancelaura Demon Spikes
    /use Demon Spikes
    Intention:
    If we use the second charge of Demon Spikes while it's active, we don't get the 10% parry-buff from Defensive Spikes.
    I've testet this macro - works fine (for me).
    Got an easier solution, Don't use it while it's active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Too risky, if you accidently tap twice on this button you will immediately cancel it.
    Basically this. If you mess up you lose the up time of an entire charge. Just wait for the first one to fall off and recast it normally, it's way safer

What is this even... Setup a WA for DS right in the middle of your screen and never refresh it while it's still active. I shudder to think there is actually people who still play this game without WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What is this even... Setup a WA for DS right in the middle of your screen and never refresh it while it's still active. I shudder to think there is actually people who still play this game without WA.

OP is talking about the 10% parry buff from the first 3 seconds. He's tossing around the idea of having 6 straight seconds of 10% extra parry but I really can't think of a scenario where you absolutely NEED to use it. But it's nice to know that it's an option and that's what his macro accomplishes. I don't see the problem but maybe have this macro on a seperate keybind so you don't screw youself over on uptime with your standard DS keybind.

I really can't think of any scenario where 3s of 10% parry is worth even 1 second of 40%+ damage reduction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I really can't think of any scenario where 3s of 10% parry is worth even 1 second of 40%+ damage reduction
    Yeah, I'm not sure why you think 10% parry is better than 40% DR..

The parry is more spiky and on average also stops less damage (Unless you get to 100% parry, but you don't)

yeah it's simply not worth it. the 10% extra parry is simply a quality of life bonus and is not worth trying to play around.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't even need WeakAuras to track this, if you're not using it already

There's now a default-standard HP and resource bar right underneath your toon while in combat. And it has the Spikes duration (amongst other things) slapped right on top of it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)