Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The shittiest herb; Fjarnskaggl

Aethril: spawns on single nodes, no clusters and can spawn a add that drops a few.
    Dreamleaf: spawns add at a high rate, farming near EN entrance = insane amounts.
    Foxflower: One of the hardest to farm but still spawns a add that drops major amounts of herbs.
    Starlight Rose: Major amounts on the map, spawns add that drops a few. only downside is no seed drops.

And then there is Fjarnskaggl:
    Spread out nodes, shitty terrain, many are near mobs/requires jumping and climbing, no add spawns, shitty phazing issues.

Why Blizzard, why?!
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-27 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Aethril: spawns on single nodes, no clusters and can spawn a add that drops a few.
    Dreamleaf: spawns add at a high rate, farming near EN entrance = insane amounts.
    Foxflower: One of the hardest to farm but still spawns a add that drops major amounts of herbs.
    Starlight Rose: Major amounts on the map, spawns add that drops a few. only downside is no seed drops.

Spread out nodes, shitty terrain, many are near mobs/requires jumping and climbing, no add spawns.

Why Blizzard, why?!
    I completely agree, seems odd since everything else has a spawn or something.

flying will fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd farm Fjarnskaggle all day every day if it meant never having to farm foxflower again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Not to mention Fjarn is arguably the most important herb (after Starlight Rose) in the game too. Required for both OW and DG pots, AGI and INT flasks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Worst part is, when you finally get Fjarnskaggl rank 3, it doesn't work at all. It's supposed to give you a faster mount cast speed briefly after picking any Broken Isles herb, but as far as I can tell it never works.

I know most people who farm herbs have a sky golem (myself included) but that buff would be nice for the times I'm out doing world quests and run across an herb.

Find better spots/area to run around in. Stop going to the locations where there are mountains and other obstacles

This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged"
    And so on until they mute me.

so my herbalist is going to hate this stuff. oh fun.

All herbs shouldn't be equal. There should be diversity in how you get them and how easy they are to get.

Foxflower is waaaay harder to farm.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just farm in the area where the Fjordthing boss patrols. A lot of times people go near the tree to plant their seeds and you can gather 10+ herbs in the little area. Plus there are no mountains so everyone is welcome and not only rogues/DHs

And while you think you are on a good run, you see these people botting "flying" on their mount from herb to herb using all the nodes before you can reach them.. fun fun

Spread out nodes, shitty terrain, many are near mobs/requires jumping and climbing, no add spawns, shitty phazing issues.

Why Blizzard, why?!
    What makes it worse is last night I was questing/herbing there in Stormheim and saw 3 different people botting/hacking because they were flying in the air, grabbing the herb then moving on. They would mount up on various flying mounts and "walk" through the air as if they were flying.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Just farm in the area where the Fjordthing boss patrols. A lot of times people go near the tree to plant their seeds and you can gather 10+ herbs in the little area. Plus there are no mountains so everyone is welcome and not only rogues/DHs

I just plant mine along the river in Suramar lol.

Deleted
    Starlight Roses can drop seeds, I've received a fair few on my herb alt. I don't know if you have to be at rank 3 starlight rose to get seeds though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=129288/starlight-rose-seed

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Starlight Roses can drop seeds, I've received a fair few on my herb alt. I don't know if you have to be at rank 3 starlight rose to get seeds though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=129288/starlight-rose-seed
    You have to be Rank 3 Felwort and then it allows all the herbs to drop seeds. Only seeds I haven't gotten (but I know others have) are Aethril and Dreamleaf.

As someone who had farm insane amount of herbs, fjarn is easy if you know what you're doing. I was getting

1k foxflower/hr

900 fjarn/hr

320 starlight/hr

750 aethril/hr

Never farm dream seed, but imo aethril is by far the hardest. Though I tried farming foxflower again last night and couldn't do it because my spot had literally 4 bots running it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the comments on Fjarn, it's damn frustrating to farm it in any meaningful fashion. The rank 3 effect being bugged is largely irrelevant though, as any serious herbalist is running around on a golem when farming, right ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    foxflower in particular is all about fox spawns. the herb is relatively sparse but the foxes are fairly common spawns and drop a fuckton of herbs. Honestly unless I am really unlucky with the foxes I find foxflower to be the fastest.
    I have been pretty lucky recently and seen a few cases where the person clearly hadn't seen the fox and run off, leaving foxflower everywhere for me to collect
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand all you peeps... the herb has the best name ever.

Fjarnskaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagglllllllllllll!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    foxflower in particular is all about fox spawns. the herb is relatively sparse but the foxes are fairly common spawns and drop a fuckton of herbs. Honestly unless I am really unlucky with the foxes I find foxflower to be the fastest.
    You might be lucky. I've farmed over a thousand or so Foxflower and seen three foxes maybe. The one that spawns because you have Rank 2 quest, one randomly in Highmountain and another when I planted a Foxflower seed. Otherwise I believe they don't exist on my account :P