Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Javanface View Post
    Anything to alleviate my concerns about Outlaw would be nice. More consistent dps please. Oh and something to make Outlaw aoe more engaging than a toggle that makes your dps fly up and the rotation more dull.
    Blade Flurry While active, your melee attacks also strike all nearby enemies for 35% 30% of normal damage, but your Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until cancelled. 100 yd range. Instant.

Soo...fun ..yeah?

It seems like Rogue population is going to see a nose dive before they do any positive changes ala MoP.

With all these changes it seems like Subtletly will be AoE Spec and Outlaw will be viable only with wrists, thanks a lot blizzard /sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh cool, so they do care about Rogues? Can't say I agree about them not caring about Mages though.
    I fixed it, thank you.

It's always funny to see when MMOC posts the changes. Each class gets like a wall of text of changes, while rogues get a straight nerf to Blade Flurry and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's quite sad tho. IMHO rogues in general should get their talents reworked, as you rarely have any choice + outlaw should get a rework on the artifact traits, especially the gold ones and RtB could really get a cheating-mechanism

Did Outlaw really need a nerf? It already got dumpstered with the original nerfs that already seemed un-justified, I really don't like Assasination Rupture 99% of my damage spec so I kinda lost interest in my Rogue, it has been gathering dust for the last month or so. I was really holding hope for some good news about Outlaw, the RNG with the spec abuses me emotionally but it's still my favourite spec of the 3 by quite a bit, had a blast with it at launch until it went all wet noodle.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I can't comprehend the blade flurry nerf.

So the changes to rogues were Sub gets some crazy AoE burst, Sin stays the same dodging the bullet yet again, and Outlaw gest completly trashed yet again even tough it realy did not need another nerf, specialy not one to its strongest aspect wich is the cleave ? Did I miss something ?
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-30 at 04:15 AM.

Deleted
    I have been rocking the "we dont have the full picture, it will be fixed" mentality lately, but how long can you keep that up when you see other classes getting paragraphs upon paragraphs of changes, when rogues gets a straight up aoe nerf to outlaw, a +/- 0(?) change to sub and a tooltip wording change?

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    So the changes to rogues were Sub gets some crazy AoE burst, Sin stays the same dodging the bullet yet again, and Outlaw gest completly trashed yet again even tough it realy didnot need another nerf, specialy not one to its strongest aspect with is the cleave ? Did I miss something ?
    Sub is not getting a crazy aoe buff, they are moving the shadow nova from applying when you exit stealth to when you use an ability during stealth. Shadow nova now has a 5 second cooldown. Its more of a QoL change.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin- View Post

Sub is not getting a crazy aoe buff, they are moving the shadow nova from applying when you exit stealth to when you use an ability during stealth. Shadow nova now has a 5 second cooldown. Its more of a QoL change.
    Didn't see the CD there, so ye not much changes other than you having controll over Shadow Nova now.

Outlaw is the new wod assassination but at least it got its 15 minutes of fame......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin- View Post
    I have been rocking the "we dont have the full picture, it will be fixed" mentality lately, but how long can you keep that up when you see other classes getting paragraphs upon paragraphs of changes, when rogues gets a straight up aoe nerf to outlaw, a +/- 0(?) change to sub and a tooltip wording change?
    That's how it goes every beta and ptr the rogue pass never comes. What you see at the start of them is normally what you get at the end of them for rogues. Its only been 2 builds so there is a chance but much past a few more I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-11-30 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Lol. Every wonder why people say "I could care less" when what they mean is "I couldn't care less"? It's an idiom used most commonly used in America. The entire phrase is actually "I could care less, but I won't", implying that you already care so little that there's no point in trying to care even less.
    The entire phrase is "I couldn't care less if you paid me to do so." The idiom originated in Britain (where it is still exclusively "couldn't care less" and in wide circulation), it seems to have changed and lost its logic at some point in its voyage over the Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Sin stays the same dodging the bullet yet again?
    im worried about the crit reduction and secondary stat changes destroying our crit levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    im worried about the crit reduction and secondary stat changes destroying our crit levels.
    The secondary change affected every class but if Blizzard is to be trusted they said the change isn't fully implemented yet, in a new PTR build every item will have more stats in them and the gain will be biger the higher the ilevel, thats an attempt to make ilevels matter more than pretty much everything else and that the end result will be almost no change to player power. The 5% crit nerf to the passive does suck but with the other changes on the ptr (kingsbane affected by vendetta, Poison Bombs procing more often - aparently - buff to the proc chance of AP and Rupture damage being normalized regardless of CP used to cast the skill) Sin DPS had actualy gone up a bit prior to the secondary nerf.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-12-03 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    the secondary stats change is kinda part of something bigger, but he concern is there with what Tier539 said, crit is not easy to come by while mantaining a healthy amount of mastery and we get less of them both. Think of all the combo points we're loosing, the EP uptime (probably making MP the not-superior-more-than-equal-with-less-thinking-involved but with less mastery...who knows).
    At least it's a global change, not just us...imagine that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    the secondary stats change is kinda part of something bigger, but he concern is there with what Tier539 said, crit is not easy to come by while mantaining a healthy amount of mastery and we get less of them both. Think of all the combo points we're loosing, the EP uptime (probably making MP the not-superior-more-than-equal-with-less-thinking-involved but with less mastery...who knows).
    At least it's a global change, not just us...imagine that xD
    "less thinkig"?what are the difference beetwen EP and surge of toxins?

Deleted
    I was comparing EP with MP, didnt mean SoT (surge of toxins).

I'm thinking there's gonna be a few big changes to outlaw, not sure what though.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

welp

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    I was comparing EP with MP, didnt mean SoT (surge of toxins).
    and i want hint you that surge of toxins (that we have baseline in the artifact) is mechanically the same thing of EP.
    so we dont lose nothing if we dont choose EP. the difficulty stay the same. on the contrary the fact that EP is a buff instead a debuff like surge imply that in an aoe scenario we must juggle more with that mechanic rather than "dont overwrite EP"
    your less-thinking-involved claim is simple false

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    and i want hint you that surge of toxins (that we have baseline in the artifact) is mechanically the same thing of EP.
    so we dont lose nothing if we dont choose EP. the difficulty stay the same. on the contrary the fact that EP is a buff instead a debuff like surge imply that in an aoe scenario we must juggle more with that mechanic rather than "dont overwrite EP"
    your less-thinking-involved claim is simple false
    Except they're not the same -- SoT provides higher benefit per cp used, 2% per cp iirc -- the duration is the same regardless of CP's used though.