Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I think this is indeed an issue. Why would "grown ups" play such a childish game? Build things?

What about studying and/or working (believe it or not, there's people that do both) and then build your own things. In real life
    Which begs the question why this game is considered childish in the first place and why playing such a thing would be "indeed an issue". I bet it's mostly based on feelings. Same feeling which makes people say adults should commit time to eating, sleeping,procreation, working and education only. Same feeling which declares fantasy a relic and a state of an idle mind which needs to be cleansed through eternal acquisition of knowledge and occupation through work.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

how people spend their free time short of drowning puppies is none of my concern.

who gives a shit. do what the fuck you like.

You're on a gaming forum. Looking for hypocritical saps or something?
    It's no more or less childish than any other game. Even violent games rated R are still something you play with.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 33 years old and still play minecraft. Why would it be childish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but at some point it's just not going to matter what community you pick, you're going to be "an old person among kids".

I mean, I'm 37. Not even that old, but in any game I play I'm almost always gonna be the oldest person that I see. In any stream I watch, I'm likely at least a decade and half older than the person streaming.
    Most of my peers (27) seem to play FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1. Very few play minecraft (or WoW for that matter).
    Again, its in the game. Maybe even the "console". Or maybe its the age vs time able to play combination.

No but the Minecraft community is pretty cringey look at Minecon for example.

I too don't know why people play Warlocks. Why not just get an ouija board and summon demons in real life?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone bothered by something being "childish" still has a lot of growing up to do.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

We live in a society where the legal adult age is a pretty big deal so there is always going to be some degree of ageism buried deep within our subconscious. With that being said I don't really subscribe to the idea that hobbies have an age limit... the key is to come off as eccentric, instead of crazy.

Find me an adult that doesn't think legos are still fun as hell

Now they have flexible bricks, what a day to be alive!
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I really couldn't give less of a fuck how people occupy their time as long as they aren't hurting anyone and can manage to be reasonably productive when they need to be.
    Pretty much this.

Nixx you've been temporarily removed from the list. But I'll be watching you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Never gave Minecraft much thought really. If I want to build things, I open Unreal engine or Blender.

I bet the OP likes Minecraft and is only looking for public approval.

No.

I don't think adults playing with LEGO is childish, either.

Children and adults tend to think on different scales, but both require creative play time. Using crayons on a paper place mat in a diner isn't childish, unless being childish is your goal. You use the tools that interest you to entertain yourself. If you're more afraid of what people think of you for using tools typically associated with children rather than simple creativity, you seem to be behaving like a pre-teen more concerned about opinions than reality... and that sounds pretty "childish" to me.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't know I have never played it. I assume like all other games/television shows/movies it is designed to keep your mind preoccupied while one wastes time. I therefore would have to say unless you consider all forms of entertainment childish then no.

I don't understand the question. Would you rephrase it so it makes sense please?

No, not really. Same with LEGO. CS Lewis comes to mind:"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Yes. Real men should play manly games, like World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaland!
    Leave Pandaria Alone. Really though I liked the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is childish to think that adults playing Minecraft is childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.