I have a question about Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

My Gf just started playing it and for whatever reason her intro is different then this.

She doesn't get to name her character, just click a pre-set name/character. Her starting intro and this video is different.

Can anyone tell me why? I know nothing about this series..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-29 at 09:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Bought used?

Didn't delete previous save file if so?

Like a lot of 3DS this game saves directly to the cart, not to the system memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bought used?

Didn't delete previous save file if so?

Like a lot of 3DS this game saves directly to the cart, not to the system memory.
    See I though that and wasn't 100% sure. I did get it used but fully wiped the 3DS.

How do u delete the save from the cart.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-29 at 09:43 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See I though that and wasn't 100% sure. I did get it used but fulled wiped the 3DS.

How do u delete the save from the cart.
    Hold down A+B+X+Y when booting the game, and you can reset the save data.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hold down A+B+X+Y when booting the game, and you can reset the save data.
    K thx, did not know that. Ill see if she wants to do it.