Jewelcrafting rank 3 neck

Hey guys, I've been trying to get my JCing up to 800, but for the love of god, i can't seem to get the rank 3 for this recipe to drop:
    [Jewelcrafting: Tranquil Necklace of Prophecy]

It tells me that it drops from shade of xavius on heroic. I've done the dungeon at least 15 times on heroic and still no drop. Is it just bad luck or is the drop rate that shitty.

The reason I want this one specifically is because it's by far the least expensive to craft. There is another one with the same mats, but I have to be exalted with Highmountain.

Does this drop only from heroic or mythic DHT too?

Thanks!

All of those recipes have a terrible drop rate. They will drop in Mythic though (else the ones from CoS/Arcway would be unattainable).

Incidentally if the gold cost difference between the monk neck and the others attainable through say Underbelly matters at all to you, then 800 JC is probably not for you. It is ridiculously expensive to max. All of those class neck recipes turn green and the only way to skill up is hopes and prayers and lots of lots of gold.

I have about 400k gold, I believe that it should be enough to get to 795 (darkmoon faire is next week).
    The difference of cost is not even close. The Maelstorm Sapphire on my server costs 250g, compared to dawnlight that cost between 1.5k-2k.
    I need 6 per neck plus 2 other gems (usualy are the same)
    For each neck, I would need 1.5k worth of blue gems compared to 10-12k worth of yellow gems (that's without the other gems of course).

So yes, I would say it's pretty worth it to go for the cheaper one.

Does this drop on mythic keystones also or only regular? I am locked for the regular mythic and I want to increase my chances of getting it by doing keystones also.
    If anyone knows please let me know.

Deleted
    I think i read somewhere on the wow forums, that it doesn't drop from heroics, but it could just be a really unlucky guy.

Does someone know if I can get this from doing mythic keystones or just from regular mythic. thanks for letting me know.

Deleted
    I guess regular mythic is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Keystone mythics don't drop recipes or anything aside from the gold/AP/epics. JC is one of the worst designed profs this xpac imo, prospecting is so unpredictable that you can manage to go through a full stack of felslate ore and only get 1 rare quality gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Propian View Post
    I guess regular mythic is enough.
    It's not what I meant. It's a lot better for me if I cna get it from keystones because I can spam 3-4 every day compared to the only once per week if it drops only from regular mythic.

If anyone has seen this drop from a mythic keystone, please let me know.

Ok so what gives with this crap drop rate... I run heroic DHT every lock out and reg mythic on lockout and still no drop after a month of this... not to mention the countless random heroic ques that have been DHT... Any tips or tricks anyone has found?

Yeah, get exalted with Highmountain because that shit ain't dropping.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe mine dropped on heroic Shade.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    Yeah, get exalted with Highmountain because that shit ain't dropping.
    Haha true that. I'm working on that now because I switched mains so my rep grind is on for real...