Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rofl these buffs are such trash for fire, they're almost completely negated by the crit nerf and pyretic incantation nerf. These devs are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    To make slipstream more appealing, they should reduce blink and displacement GCD to 0.5 sec for all specs.
    I think slipstream would be better if it also increased your movement speed 15% per arcane charge whilst channelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    not having to walk can also be a bad thing.
    Not sure when - shimmer+displacement pretty much means I rarely have to actually 'move' as such. Something coming my way, blink, it's gone - displacement back and I still have two charges.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - Shimmer will still be mandatory on that row.
    You're out of your mind if you think shimmer is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    You're out of your mind if you think shimmer is better than that.
    If being correct and sensible is something you call 'out of your mind' - then I welcome the tag.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Base (spell touch tip) values live to PTR for Fire.
    Keen to see the actual DPS change, although i think ill be sitting pretty as I have the lego helm.

Live - PTR
    Fireball 65219 - 74579
    Pyro 138841 - 155178
    Scorch 17096 - 20500
    Phoenix 102572 - 34190 dot -112000 37000 dot
    Meteor 192321 -51280 dot -376313 95000 dot
    FireBlast 59354 -67873

METEOR

10+ Year Old Account
    If being correct and sensible is something you call 'out of your mind' - then I welcome the tag.
    lol if you say so, man. I guess we'll see

@WarcraftDevs
    The datamined change to the increased mana costs from Arcane Charges is also a tooltip bug; it will remain at a 125% increase per charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    @WarcraftDevs
    The datamined change to the increased mana costs from Arcane Charges is also a tooltip bug; it will remain at a 125% increase per charge.
    GG then. RIP mages. No valuable spec..

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    lol if you say so, man. I guess we'll see
    Shimmer : can move instantly and cast
    Slipstream : can move slowly and cast.

Such a difficult decision

Blizzard be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

I quite feel sad
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-11-30 at 03:51 AM.

Shimmer : can move instantly and cast
    Slipstream : can move slowly and cast.

Such a difficult decision
    Sometimes you just want to inch forward, such as when you're standing on RoP.

Shimmer also has a 15 second recharge. Yes you can Displacement but you can't always return to your position.

Slipstream also secures Evocation.

PI got nerfed to 2% rip

Any time that would happen, walking would also cancel your AM.
    If you plan on walking past the target then sure? but if you only want to move a short distance and blink is too far no.
    On a side note, if people can see value in 2 different talents on the same row for different reasons and are prepared to argue what is better for their playstyle then its probably a good thing and shows that the talents can compete with one another and cater to different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    Sometimes you just want to inch forward
    The times that you want to inch forward are times that are planned, Shimmer has the huge advantage of being most useful in the 'oh shit' moments.

Quote Originally Posted by angra View Post
    Rofl these buffs are such trash for fire, they're almost completely negated by the crit nerf and pyretic incantation nerf. These devs are trash.
    Nope, they aren't even enough for that, it would need another 10% buff to be good. Not great, but good.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh missed the pyrotic nerf, so we don't need 10% we need 20%

The times that you want to inch forward are times that are planned, Shimmer has the huge advantage of being most useful in the 'oh shit' moments.
    What?

I'm talking about RoP. Sometimes you need to readjust position, such as on Nythendra, Dragons, or many M+ encounters particularly on Volcanic.

Also you still have Blink without Shimmer. Your oh shit button is still there. You just interrupt the cast.

Don't get me wrong. Shimmer is strong, especially since it's off the GCD, but Slipstream has its own set of advantages that you can't ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    What?
    Again - small planned movements can be ... well - planned for, take a step on a GCD, take a step or two on ABar etc.

The big advantage is being able to get a long way quickly whilst casting - that's where Shimmer wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again - small planned movements can be ... well - planned for, take a step on a GCD, take a step or two on ABar etc.

The big advantage is being able to get a long way quickly whilst casting - that's where Shimmer wins.
    Eh..you still have a normal blink, you know that right? Casting during blinks is nice but bottom line is you don't need that many blinks for every encounter. If you have that much trouble in every fight maybe shimmer is for you, fair. If your positioning is moderately sound; you'll probably be playing SS.

It's a gameplay difference so no one is going to win that discussion. The only real exception I can see outside of 1 or 2 fights is shimmer being a constant in arena to land sheeps.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2016-11-30 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    7.1.5 in a nutshell: Changes are not final*

* because we have no idea what we're doing

Ill probably take shimmer since i have the legendary boots, which give us a 5 sec icy flows now. Anyone know how conserve phase will work now with arcane since the removal of quickening.