Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would turn him down on this shit alone.
    Agreed. They take it way too far.

Large companies always have the weirdest HRM departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jeeze, you seem pretty upset. Did you make the test or something?

It sets a bad precedent. That's the issue.
    how does it set a bad precedent. so far your scared of the boogie man for one companys application process, i could give a fuck about it. But you seem to be cowered in fear behind a door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    how does it set a bad precedent. so far your scared of the boogie man for one companys application process, i could give a fuck about it. But you seem to be cowered in fear behind a door.
    It's a sign that this invasive method of vetting employees is becoming widespread. Which means it could be used in other areas.

And for someone that doesn't give a fuck about it you sure seem to give a fuck about me giving a fuck about it.

It's a sign that this invasive method of vetting employees is becoming widespread. Which means it could be used in other areas.

And for someone that doesn't give a fuck about it you sure seem to give a fuck about me giving a fuck about it.
    you keep vaguly refering to how it can be bad elsewhere but keep failing to elaborate. The reflection off of your tin foil hat is blinding me.

10+ Year Old Account
    you keep vaguly refering to how it can be bad elsewhere but keep failing to elaborate. The reflection off of your tin foil hat is blinding me.
    It's psychology taken to the extreme. Anyone with that information would know practically everything about you. It's an invasion of privacy.

If used by the government or used en mass by big corporations such as Amazon on more than just their employees it would completely erode every single right to privacy we have.

It's psychology taken to the extreme. Anyone with that information would know practically everything about you. It's an invasion of privacy.

If used by the government or used en mass by big corporations such as Amazon on more than just their employees it would completely erode every single right to privacy we have.
    It has been used by the government since technology gave them the ability to do it. Pretty sure they were exposed spying on people many times and a while ago. Its nothing new. And as for it being an invasion of privacy, you are consenting to it in the interview, meaning you ALLOW THEM TO. If you do not want them to you do not apply. Thats not an invasion of privacy. Besides, if your not commiting crimes, what do you have to hide?

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been used by the government since technology gave them the ability to do it. Pretty sure they were exposed spying on people many times and a while ago. Its nothing new. And as for it being an invasion of privacy, you are consenting to it in the interview, meaning you ALLOW THEM TO. If you do not want them to you do not apply. Thats not an invasion of privacy. Besides, if your not commiting crimes, what do you have to hide?
    You have to agree, sure. Right now. But eventually this will probably become mandatory or widespread enough that every decently paying job wants to delve as deeply into your private life as possible.

Also are you really using the 'nothing to hide' argument? Jesus fucking Christ.

Ever heard of the saying "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."?