Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's the reason blizz has not made a 1v1 arena yet?

Everybody knows that the pvp is not balanced around 1v1 fights, but this is not a justification, if we have duels, why not bring the possibility to make a 1v1 skirmish or wargame. Certaily a few classes would dominate the scenario, but that's not why we need to run out of something that would only bring more fun for pvp players who like 1v1

I have no doubt that if this is done, many pvp players would return to play, and a new pvp content would be added to this game that don't have somithing like that so far.

Let me know what do you think, and how could we make blizzard create something like that ?

Deleted
    And have rogues blow off their CD load and win 100% of matches?

Or in some cases prot warriors or rets

If its just a thing for fun with no rewards, why not. Otherwise its blatantly flawed

Deleted
    If you die against a rogue in arena now its l2p issue. They are so wek atm after all the pvp nerfs.

Or you could just, idk, duel someone anywhere with no need to waste time making a 1v1 queue.

Deleted
    now do u kill disco priest on 1x1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    If you die against a rogue in arena now its l2p issue. They are so wek atm after all the pvp nerfs.

Did you even read the op thread? Its not about 2vs2 or 3vs3 here, in duels rogues are still pretty strong especially if they blow off all their CDs. Thats all there is to this discussion. A single class that can nomatch 90% of casters in 1vs1,seems like a bad idea to make it a ranking system

Also I don't buy any "we are trash" exageration every pvper says about his own class. Survival hunters say they suck in arena yet there are several videos of them wrecking others with burst and CC. The same for WW (lolz) who pretend like they suddenly suck. :yawn:
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-12-02 at 10:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Did you even read the op thread? Its not about 2vs2 or 3vs3 here, in duels rogues are still pretty strong especially if they blow off all their CDs. Thats all there is to this discussion. A single class that can nomatch 90% of casters in 1vs1,seems like a bad idea to make it a ranking system

Also I don't buy any "we are trash" exageration every pvper says about his own class. Survival hunters say they suck in arena yet there are several videos of them wrecking others with burst and CC. The same for WW (lolz) who pretend like they suddenly suck. :yawn:
    Maybe if you were to duel, but with the stat template I have a good chance to win as both arcane and frost.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I think its about time this got implemented since we don't have our stat template in wpvp and duels which completely fucked over the dueling scene.
    Having an easy option to do 1v1 in a proper setting would be a welcome change.

I twoshot people with fbolt in wpvp I kill stuff with only a FoF, wpvp right now is probably the stupidest it's ever been. Inside arena's it's at least better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post

Rogue still dont have enough damage to 1v1, they are only really strong i wpvp and no one cares about that. Almost any class can just delete rogue from the game with a few exception like maybe fury warrior and sp.

Deleted
    we all know what class will dominate 1v1 its gonna be mages

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    we all know what class will dominate 1v1 its gonna be mages
    Against Priest or Warlock?
    I want to see this fight!

The point of this thread is not about classes. It's to discuss why something so simple is not implemented yet (?). What's the problem to implement a 1v1 skirmish or wargame ????????

Many games have done this and obtained a lot of succes, the ppl who likes to 1v1 are much more than we can estimate. WoW is very late at this point.

And why ppl keep talking about balance in a model of arena/fight that will be impossible to balance ? Yes some classes will do better on 1v1 fights, some not.
    And even with the unbalance, a lot of classes would be possible to do well (Rogues, WWs, Mages, Tankers, Hunters (with LOS), Druids, Retribution Pallys) and so much more. Player Skill is the win factor, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    If you die against a rogue in arena now its l2p issue. They are so wek atm after all the pvp nerf.
    If you die against a rogue in arena now its l2p issue. They are so wek atm after all the pvp nerf.
    Or in some cases prot warriors or ret. we all know what class will dominate 1v1 its gonna be mages.
    Clearly there is some debate. Why not add the system to find out? The only limitation IMO is that they should remove healers. Nobody duels healers 1v1 anyway.
    This would also fix the problem of them wrecking dueling with PvP templates.

Tbh in WoW I do want some sort of rated solo que. If not 1v1 then a separate 3v3 bracket where you que and it randomly pairs you with partners. Similar to how league (sorry for the comparison, I don't play league but really really like that system) has rated 5v5 solo que and rated 5v5 group que. This technically makes the bracket "uncarryable" so to speak, so rating/achievement actually do prove skill. I like the aspect of "work with what you are given" vs. "play the best comp and then play chess with the other team. Lose to your counters." Seems like an interesting way to play.

Its not that I don't want to be social, its just a different setting that forces you to work with what you have, and in the long run your rating is 100% your individual skill. If you win over 51% you are moving up, 50% you are even. Ya know. In addition, I recently moved overseas and am on a different time schedule than all my friends I PvP with, so yes I have a personal want for this too.

Take it from me, I spam skirmishes all day until my friends log in to do rated for 2 hours before I have to sleep. I would really love some sort of solo-rated PvP play (even if it requires teamwork)
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2016-12-02 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Deleted
    Whats the point in these forums posts? im really sorry but blizz doesnt really care about pvp, since holinka got pvp dev leader the pvp is just getting worse. Wod was considered the worst pvp expansion til legion and now we have this melee pve dmg fest in pvp. They introduced the pvp template that couldve been so great for balancing but instead just make flat stat nerf for classes, ex: around 55% agi nerf for assa rogue which made them almost useless when it only was some talents that made the class insanlely OP in arenas, and the nerf also went to outlaw (???) and sub (???????) which are both really weak in pvp atm.
    They also introduced the idea of "no gear for pvp" but made it so ilvl has a little of a buff to your stats but made it RNG drops, didnt they learn from ashran that pvpers hated rng?????
    conclusion, til i see some good blue posts regarding pvp in the future of legion i wont have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    Everybody knows that the pvp is not balanced around 1v1 fights, but this is not a justification, if we have duels, why not bring the possibility to make a 1v1 skirmish or wargame. Certaily a few classes would dominate the scenario, but that's not why we need to run out of something that would only bring more fun for pvp players who like 1v1

I have no doubt that if this is done, many pvp players would return to play, and a new pvp content would be added to this game that don't have somithing like that so far.

Let me know what do you think, and how could we make blizzard create something like that ?
    I don't PVP often anymore, can you explain why this would be different than simply dueling someone? They're not going to make a 1v1 ladder because, as you said, PVP isn't balanced for 1v1. Whether or not it's balanced at all is another subject entirely.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I don't PVP often anymore, can you explain why this would be different than simply dueling someone? They're not going to make a 1v1 ladder because, as you said, PVP isn't balanced for 1v1. Whether or not it's balanced at all is another subject entirely.
    World pvp and duels are ridiculous to play atm, without the pvp template the fights are 100% of the time resolved on a one shot.

The implementation of a 1v1 skirm or wargame is simple, there's no reason why not put it on. The unbalance is seen on 2v2s too, and much more on world pvp or duels, why not just implement the possibility to play a 1v1 fight inside an arena with LOS and pvp templates on ??

Ah, OK. I understand now.

I would guess the reason is they don't see a lot of demand for it. At least not enough that would justify the time spent creating it.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I've been waiting for 1v1 arenas for at least two expansions. They shouldn't reward anything, though, and exist solely for practicing.

Deleted
    Make a petition for 1v1 skirmish (or even rated) queue and ill sign it

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1v1 Practice been in the game for 12 years, it's called /Duel, can even do it everywhere in the world.

1v1 arena would be 100% unbalanced and would mean nothing. If you want a 1v1 arena, just go duel outside your city.