Thread: Lol or Wow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    2 different games, cant say

Dota

/10chars

5+ Year Old Account
    You will spend countless hours of your life on both-

One will have you question the reason why you spent so many hours of your life on it but you will have cool achievements, even cooler mounts and fond memories of the game, even a friend or 2 might come from the journey.

One will have you question why you were born at all, why you spent countless hours with NOTHING to show for it, if you had friends they will be gone soon, most ppl will avoid you because of the new toxic persona you will develop over the years.

if pvp is your aim, LoL by far. PvP'd in wow for 5 years and can't stand it anymore.

I will never play LoL (as a prospective new player). Don't have any of those rune thingies, don't know what every other champions does and how to play against each and every one. I don't want to deal with 10 year old kids yelling at me for being new to the game and memorizing these item builds and shit. Way too much work and time to learn. Not to mention the last hit bullshit. My room mates play LoL and from what I can hear from him screaming his head off I am not sure if the frustration is worth it..
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-07-25 at 06:39 AM.

Both games are fun LoL is fun when im tired of wow

Deleted
    You don't get told to go die in Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Dommylad View Post
    you sir never raided competively then

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't raid with any of my former raid leaders, or my wife. You thought you were doing something wrong if someone wasn't telling you to die for fucking up a pull. No one sincerely meant it really, but "Go die in a fire" is my wife's equivalent of "get fucked" in game and out of game.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you either never did PvP or never did any serious raiding. My reason for the assumption is during my 11 years of playing I did a lot of world pvp, battleground pvp, arena, dungeons, and raiding. I saw people say things to me, my friends, guildmates, and to others that they should go die or that they wished some horrific disease upon them.The only thing with LoL is that you usually do one game with someone then you don't see them again, whereas with WoW you use to see that person semi often so there was some accountability back in the day. Since LFR/LFD came out I noticed that the frequency at which means things are said are pretty equal between the two, in my experience anyways.

You must be new to WoW, lol.

More than once I got told to play in traffic/die in a fire/kill myself/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    You must be new to WoW, lol.

More than once I got told to play in traffic/die in a fire/kill myself/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    you sir never raided competively then
    Funny, never experienced this. Of course, there is the 'KYS' trolls, but I always end up replying that I am a happy man, and don't really need kisses from them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Funny, never experienced this. Of course, there is the 'KYS' trolls, but I always end up replying that I am a happy man, and don't really need kisses from them.
    Most of it (for me) was from pvp. I wish I kept all the screenshots I had of such things back then, but considering my last serious bout of WoW pvp was back in Cata, those screenies have long been gone (we're talking 3 maybe 4 PCs I've had since then, lol). Consider yourself lucky. Many of my pvp buddies back then also would get similar tells and such. We just laughed and would egg them on with stupid replies like "u mad", so we weren't exactly angelic.

I have over 12k games under my belt in LoL and over 700 days played in WoW. You don't have to choose one.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson