Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    From all those only Christmas belongs to Christian holidays.
    All of those are Christian holidays recognized by Christianity.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

My husband is deployed. No point in getting a Christmas tree... so there won't be anything under one :P I'm alone for Christmas, too... 2000 miles from my closest family. I actually don't mind either. I detest the holidays. My parents are trying to con me into going to Texas. But it's a bit late for that. I should have bought my plane tickets back in october, but I couldn't afford it then. Now that I can... it's too late.

I think my mom is getting me a nice blender though. So there's that! I imagine I'll get a random surprise from my husband... whatever he decided to find me over the internet. I'm gonna bake him stuff, and start hunting around for a gift for him.

My ex, doesnt matter if she's dead or alive

15+ Year Old Account
    I grew up with a fake tree and always dreamed of a real one. Finally I got to a point where I needed my own tree and I dragged my boyfriend to a parking lot christmas tree lot. I agonized for an hour over what kind .. fraser fir? Scotch pine? Norway spruce? This one had a bald spot, that one was too round, too big, too small, etc. Finally we picked one out, bought a stand that holds water, my boyfriend strung lights on it including around the trunk to light up in the inside of the tree, I put new decorations on it, and it was lovely for about 3 days. After that the needles started to appear on the floor, and 2 weeks later it was turning brown and creating a hell of a mess. I held my breath until Christmas and then couldn't wait to get rid of the thing. Never again. The next year I bought a fake one. Personally, I think it's worth to get a good one. It doesn't have to be a $900 tree from Balsam Hill, but I'd try to avoid the $59 trees made out of twist ties at Walmart if possible.

I like mine. It's 9 feet tall, pre lit, and I can put it up or take it down in about 10 minutes. I like to do theme trees, so I have groups of decorations I can rotate through. Multi-color, red and silver, arts & crafts, NFL, etc. The new trees with LED lights are nice. Saw one at Home Depot with a remote where you could change the light color (all red, all blue, all white, multicolor, etc) and the pattern (steady, twinkling, fade in/out, color change). It was something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. I'm a married man with two incomes and no children. I'll buy whatever the hell I want.

Bah humbug!
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-12-03 at 03:01 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Finished my bachelor's this year and all I want is to find a good job so I can buy presents for others for once haha.

a decent jungler, who doesnt give away infernal drakes

10+ Year Old Account
    to go back in time and redo high school and community college so i didn't throw my life away not studying and stuff. also i want my dog honor back.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually hoping that they finally start calling some of the brakeman hired out in late 2014 back to work. Nothing says harsh like making the cut for a $60,000/year job to start just to get furloughed for over a year right out of training.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably get some board game because my mom always makes me give her a list and she just picks something off it. I don't think she'll be able to find me a girlfriend though haha.

One of those android waifus from all those annie mays that I watch.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    to go back in time and redo high school and community college so i didn't throw my life away not studying and stuff. also i want my dog honor back.
    What's dog honor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Cool! Do you use real trees or plastic ones?
    He's exaggerating. I don't have a tree and a lot of people I know don't have one as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Nothing. I'm a married man with two incomes and no children. I'll buy whatever the hell I want.

Bah humbug!
    What's the point of 2 incomes.

Since I work for a pretty decent living and have no kids, every day is Christmas. Therefore I have no need for Christmas gifts, I ask people not to get them for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    PS4 + FF XV, a better job, and a bf. Then I'll be happy

Although the first one is the only likely one.
    Didn't you say you were seeing someone?

HAVE YOU LIED TO ME.

OT: All I want for Christmas is you, Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Since most posters on MMO Champ declare themselves as atheist they get fuck all
    Heaps of atheists celebrate Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Christmas is a secular holiday in many people's eyes.
    It's a Christian holiday. The name is Christmas for a reason chap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Didn't you say you were seeing someone?

HAVE YOU LIED TO ME.

OT: All I want for Christmas is you, Jay
    I was, and now I'm not! I am trying again though cause a girl can't give up

15+ Year Old Account
    I will not celebrate Christmas this year since I am working in Beijing for the time beeing. I have sent gifts home for my family though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's a Christian holiday. The name is Christmas for a reason chap.
    I'm from former soviet union. in Russian, its "new year's fir" and when I was growing up - was put of for new years and was a secular celebration. but even so.. who cares? Christmas trees look awesome and pretty and one doesn't need to be religious to enjoy something like that.

also - yep, the whole decorating the tree tradition? stolen from pagan holiday.