1. #3181
    citation needed.

    I'm curious how any that I posted were 'debunked' by all the people whom as far as I recall barely acknowledged they'd been linked at all.

  2. #3182
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Well, if it helped, ND never felt obliged to swap character models and have actors record other characters lines to doctor up a scene, use that scene as the "money shot" of their trailer to get people screaming with excitement at conventions and on streams with, all while knowing the moment depicted doesn't happen and the character they used to get those cheers with is long dead before it was supposed to happen.

    Has anyone found even a single play through where Ellie meeting Jesse is met with a smile? Even a wry smile? Or isn't it pretty unanimously "oh, that's what you did" - at the polite end?

    If it were were anyone's time or energy to enrage the multinational megacorporation over $60, a false advertising claim would succeed for anyone who got to that moment, quit playing, and filed it because of the deception.
    Can’t speak to rather uncharted did any thing similar as again I’ve never given the series even a glance.

    As to what letsplayers/streamers think of any given scene I can’t say I could care less as I don’t watch any and just judge games for my self.

  3. #3183
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The same logic is also applied to Joel, since he is fairly muscular, especially for a man in his 40's. Both are unrealistic, in relation to the environment that the games are set in. Joel could be strong without being muscular, but he'd be more in line with Abby's appearance. For a game that pretends to be realistic, it sure fails at realism in it's character designs.
    Not really. He isn't to a point of where it begins to go beyond realism for the world. Abby's physique is built on a female BODY BUILDER, Joel's isn't a male body builder. Joel therefor is more reasonable by comparison. You are comparing a reasonably muscular design for a man, to a female body builder and going "They are the same."

    Though I would say Joel is on the cusp or just over, but not glaring over.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  4. #3184
    Titan draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    13,235
    Jims video was spot on as always.

    Joel is hench tbf, and he lived in a shitty government bcompound with shit facilities and people fighting over resources. At least Abby had a compound with adequate agriculture and livestock.

  5. #3185
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Not really. He isn't to a point of where it begins to go beyond realism for the world. Abby's physique is built on a female BODY BUILDER, Joel's isn't a male body builder. Joel therefor is more reasonable by comparison. You are comparing a reasonably muscular design for a man, to a female body builder and going "They are the same."

    Though I would say Joel is on the cusp or just over, but not glaring over.
    And yet, no woman who is a body builder looks like Christine Focht without steroids, which I can 100% guarantee she does, like most body builders do.

  6. #3186
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And yet, no woman who is a body builder looks like Christine Focht without steroids, which I can 100% guarantee she does, like most body builders do.
    It's the post-apocalypse, maybe Abby raided a cache of steroids at a pharmacy or hospital. Since they were expired, they turned him into a hideous mutant as well as being super ripped.

  7. #3187
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    It's the post-apocalypse, maybe Abby raided a cache of steroids at a pharmacy or hospital. Since they were expired, they turned him into a hideous mutant as well as being super ripped.
    But using steroids to grow muscle mass more than humanely necessary in a post-apocalyptic world is IDIOTIC. More muscles => need more food. It's not just steroids - she must have eaten like an elephant, I doubt there were enough whey caches to raid and then give it all to Abby. Just plain stupid.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2020 - that's two-zero-two-zero, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

  8. #3188
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But using steroids to grow muscle mass more than humanely necessary in a post-apocalyptic world is IDIOTIC. More muscles => need more food. It's not just steroids - she must have eaten like an elephant, I doubt there were enough whey caches to raid and then give it all to Abby. Just plain stupid.
    It's a world of cannibals, so maybe he's eating other super ripped roided up dudes offcamera all the time. That would give high protein gains, and the load of roids he needs?

  9. #3189
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Jims video was spot on as always.

    Joel is hench tbf, and he lived in a shitty government bcompound with shit facilities and people fighting over resources. At least Abby had a compound with adequate agriculture and livestock.
    Joel on the edge of what could be possible.
    Abby is so far over the edge of what could be possible that it goes into the unbelievable territory.

    Seriously, the fact she had a compound she lived it with food and a gym doesn't mean she would get a female bodybuilder physique. It isn't natural for men to have a physique akin to Abby, again I would have a problem if a man in was introduced with a bodybuilder physique.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #3190
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Joel on the edge of what could be possible.
    Abby is so far over the edge of what could be possible that it goes into the unbelievable territory.

    Seriously, the fact she had a compound she lived it with food and a gym doesn't mean she would get a female bodybuilder physique. It isn't natural for men to have a physique akin to Abby, again I would have a problem if a man in was introduced with a bodybuilder physique.
    { x } Doubt

  11. #3191
    Brewmaster Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,261
    Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.

  12. #3192
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    { x } Doubt
    I have said it numerous times, if you doubt my consistency, that's your own problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.
    Yes, because it breaks immersion into the game. You aren't dealing with jacked people, so Abby stands out and there is no direct evidence on why she stands out.

    The "It's a game! It doesn't have to be realistic" is such a bad argument. In that case, why did the bother making a realistic explanation for the ZOMBIES at all? After all, it is just a game about zombies. They could have just done generic zombies that have been done a million times. Why go into so much detail about Ellie's immunity in the sequel that would potentially fit a real world example, that most people are just going to overlook. Seriously, they went into so much realistic details that the fact they didn't treat one of the main characters with the same level of care stands out.

    But, I guess according to you because it is just a game, we must accept any and all crap the game throws at us.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #3193
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I have said it numerous times, if you doubt my consistency, that's your own problem.
    And fungus zombies that use echolocation are...believable?

    I mean, it's a videogame about a fictional setting. There's quite a bit of suspension of disbelief for "normal" in the game, even if it does try to mirror reality in many ways.

    I still can't get over how absolutely and completely upset people still seem to be about Abby being yoked as fuck.

  14. #3194
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And fungus zombies that use echolocation are...believable?

    I mean, it's a videogame about a fictional setting. There's quite a bit of suspension of disbelief for "normal" in the game, even if it does try to mirror reality in many ways.

    I still can't get over how absolutely and completely upset people still seem to be about Abby being yoked as fuck.
    Any fiction requires suspension of disbelief, but it also needs internal consistency. In a world of great resource scarcity where a major plotpoint is lack of food, forcing people into cannibalism, a bodybuilder seems pretty stupid.

    For the record, imo Abby's physique is a minor flaw in TLOU2, but it is a flaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The AR- 14 or 15 is a good home defense weapon.

  15. #3195
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.
    In a realistic video game about realistic zombies.

    You are basically shutting down people who complain about a sci-fi game in which humans can survive in the vacuum of space for an hour with no special equipment.

    "Yeah, it's sci-fi, it's a game about SPACE, and you are complaining about humans surviving in space for too long?"
    ^^^ YOU NOW ^^^
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2020 - that's two-zero-two-zero, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

  16. #3196
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.
    There's such a thing as plausibility within the internal logic of the setting in fiction. Besides the zombies being a supernatural aspect as a result of a fictional disease, the rest of the world design they're going for is fairly grounded in it's portrayal of how a post-collapse of wider society might look like after the fact for the few that survived.

    I'm personally not bothered about muscle sizes on characters in any video game, I don't really care enough for it to bother me, but let's not act like looking like a body builder is plausible inside the sort of setting they're otherwise going for.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-08-11 at 04:30 PM.

  17. #3197
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,323
    Incredible how this thread keeps being bumped despite so many people claiming its bad and not worth it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  18. #3198
    Simon Miller. Body Builder, Gamer, Wrestler on Abby muscles (In short he shows how they can happen)



    That said if people are bitching about Abby's muscles then there is something severely wrong with them. Silencers? Fine, Fuel working 25+ years after it was supposed to expire? Fine. Getting health from meds years after expiring? Fine.

    Woman with muscles? Bad. Come on just admit your prejudices bitches.

  19. #3199
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And fungus zombies that use echolocation are...believable?
    This always bothered me. If they used echolocation, you couldnt get past the first building that they infested because they would detect you easily. They just have good hearing and serious need to chew 5-gum.

  20. #3200
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In a realistic video game about realistic zombies.
    Yeah, uh, no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •