A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    What is Joel bad at? After the time skip? People don't like him but respect Joel which is basically the something. Rey has enemies despite people calling her a mary sue.
    There is a difference between like and respect. Characters being respected in not a trait of a Mary Sue, it is characters instantly likely the character even despite misgivings or logic. No character has an instant respect for Joel in TLoU. All the respect he gets is either comes from prior relationships or he did something to earn it. And Bill, once again, still doesn't respect Joel that is a working relationship between the two. There is some level of respect, but Bill would much rather be alone.

What's Joel bad at? Communication for one. Even when he trusts someone, he doesn't talk to them ... I mean the person he confides to is his brother. Again, Joel isn't describe as the best survivor or the best hunter. We see other people doing what he does. Just because someone is good at surviving doesn't mean they are the best and Joel is objectively not the best survivor in TLoU.

Abby is described as the Number 1 Scar Killer ... meaning she is the best at killing Scars or has killed the most Scar. Keep in mind ... she is only 20 years old and at most has been with the WLF for 4 years.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There is a difference between like and respect. Characters being respected in not a trait of a Mary Sue, it is characters instantly likely the character even despite misgivings or logic. No character has an instant respect for Joel in TLoU. All the respect he gets is either comes from prior relationships or he did something to earn it. And Bill, once again, still doesn't respect Joel that is a working relationship between the two. There is some level of respect, but Bill would much rather be alone.

What's Joel bad at? Communication for one. Even when he trusts someone, he doesn't talk to them ... I mean the person he confides to is his brother. Again, Joel isn't describe as the best survivor or the best hunter. We see other people doing what he does. Just because someone is good at surviving doesn't mean they are the best and Joel is objectively not the best survivor in TLoU.

Abby is described as the Number 1 Scar Killer ... meaning she is the best at killing Scars or has killed the most Scar. Keep in mind ... she is only 20 years old and at most has been with the WLF for 4 years.
    His only bad traits are communication and trust ok I'm done here keep pretending you don't have a bias. She has been their since shit hit the fan my dude. We've seen others do what he does but nobody better at it. Joel is built like the average American male for his age by the way.

Whose better than Joel?
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2020-09-18 at 01:44 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The current discussion is going around in circles and contributing nothing to the thread. If you want to take it to PM's you're more than welcome to, but please refrain from posting unless you have something new to discuss.