Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    >comments and likes/dislikes turned off

pathetic
    Why? So that you can downvote it based not on the content of the trailer, but the assumed leaks, which may not actually give you the full picture aka you are doing downvoting for the sake of it.

Pathetic indeed, just like the so fucking obvious clickbait videos on Youtube which draw in people who then behave like a real hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If the leaks were fake, why did Naughty Dog and Sony go to such lengths to try and censor people so much as talking about them? Not to mention the abhorrent violation of DMCA law. It's also hilariously convenient that none of the major gaming news outlets reported on that aspect of things, only that the leak happened.
    Protection of intelectual property, in short. Sure, it sometimes is dumb, but there is a basis for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Why? So that you can downvote it based not on the content of the trailer, but the assumed leaks, which may not actually give you the full picture aka you are doing downvoting for the sake of it.

Pathetic indeed, just like the so fucking obvious clickbait videos on Youtube which draw in people who then behave like a real hivemind.

Protection of intelectual property, in short. Sure, it sometimes is dumb, but there is a basis for it.
    They literally were trying to DMCA strike full videos with not even a second of footage of the leaks in the videos, just discussion about them. There's at least a couple of YouTubers that I watch that have already consulted lawyers and are preparing to sue Sony and Naughty Dog over this if the strikes don't get removed from their accounts. Both HeelvsBabyface and Upper Echelon Gaming have both threatened lawsuits, that I know of.

They literally were trying to DMCA strike full videos with not even a second of footage of the leaks in the videos, just discussion about them. There's at least a couple of YouTubers that I watch that have already consulted lawyers and are preparing to sue Sony and Naughty Dog over this if the strikes don't get removed from their accounts. Both HeelvsBabyface and Upper Echelon Gaming have both threatened lawsuits, that I know of.
    Oh yes, the typical take the clickbaiters word for it that they got DMCA with no copyrighted content present who threaten lawsuits and then they magically never happen.

Do you ever learn from this staged drama? Seems you eat it up every time it happens with insert game that is flavor of the month for outrage.

Next thing you know you'll be quoting fair use, without understanding what fair use is. That's the next step of this terrible argument.

I think you are overestimating both the importance and capabilities of some Youtubers. The same people who love those clickbait tittles because they quite literally make them money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Imagine white-knighting companies for censoring consumers
    Imagine using the term censorship without knowing what it means.

Imagine using "white knighting" in 2020 at that hell, lmao.

As if Youtubers who rely on ad money would ever be able or even willing to take Sony (or heaven forbid, fucking Google) to court over such an issue and soldier on to completion. Come on man, that's just more outrage bait for clicks, let's stop being naive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As if Youtubers who rely on ad money would ever be able or even willing to take Sony (or heaven forbid, fucking Google) to court over such an issue and soldier on to completion. Come on man, that's just more outrage bait for clicks, let's stop being naive here.
    Its the same, easy, manufactured drama every time. Make a video you know will be DMCA'd on purposed, it gets DMCA'd then you get to make a drama video about how it was wrong and you are seeking legal action.

And people like him take the same bait. Every. Single. Time.

It's less believable then reality TV at this point but these people still eat that shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

And a bigger question - why shouldn't people be allowed to provide feedback on an open forum they know naughty dog and sony will see? What made you so anti-consumer my man?
    Use of censorship term where there is no censorship, and using a decade old meme term birthed by incels aside, this comment takes the fucking cake.

It's almost like Sony and Naughty Dog doesn't have social media channels where you can do exactly this if you want to provide constructive feedback to them. Oh wait they do.

"I can't downvote or post "shit game", "ESSJAYDUBS" or spoilers in comments tho REEEEEEEEEEE". Such censorship.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-05-10 at 01:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    With Assassin's creed, for Odyssey the female was the canon protag, and now they've said both are canon in valhalla (no idea how that works but they claim it makes sense) - but they market the games with male characters because it's more marketable.

I love the hypocrisy
    They could just be doing what mass effect did and have promo material with the male version then the same Material with the female version(i don’t think they had both from the get go). There aren’t that many ads about the game so far so claiming hypocrisy is a bit early.

And a bigger question - why shouldn't people be allowed to provide feedback on an open forum they know naughty dog and sony will see? What made you so anti-consumer my man?
    Its a smart business decision to avoid quite frankly unjust negative PR.

Why would you encourage negative publicly if you're a company whos aware of how internet culture works and instead of assisting a hivemind circle jerk where everyone tries getting likes for the sickest burn they instead make an intelligent decision and just show off the game.

Its also just an ad. That doesnt entitle you to be able to comment on it and interact with the developers.

You barely get that as a paying customer for any business unless they have feedback systems once you've actually brought the product and not just commented on it in social media.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-10 at 05:57 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I think you are overestimating both the importance and capabilities of some Youtubers. The same people who love those clickbait tittles because they quite literally make them money...
    It's not about their importance, and some of these streamers who were getting censored have fairly moderate sizable followings anyway but I doubt they are pulling in tens of thousands in revenue every month. It's about fair use and freedom of expression. None of YouTube's rules or even copyright laws were violated in the discussion of the game's leaks, and even then, fair use still is always taken into consideration if copyrighted content is being used. Whereas, you know, you get hacks like Suzy Lu who don't get dinged by YouTube for blatant violation of copyright laws and fair use.

No doubt that any of the videos that have been pulled for DMCA infractions will be reinstated, conveniently, right around the time of the games release. So of course, all this is is a blatant attempt to curb the outrage and disappointment some people have over the games story that did get leaked out.

Man the clickbaiter ad revenue vampires are one thing but theres some folks out there putting out straight up essays about how the leak of devbuild gameplay footage is "faked by anti sony haters out to bring down the god of games". Brand Loyalty Fanaticism is incredible.

I wonder which lone cyberpolice wanted thought terrorist spent the time to make a fake last of us part 2 from scratch including models, mo cap and voice acting just to try and attack a covershooter/walk and talk movie game. Truly we are living in the shadow of a mastermind galaxybrain and consequences will never be the same.

It's not about their importance, and some of these streamers who were getting censored have fairly moderate sizable followings anyway but I doubt they are pulling in tens of thousands in revenue every month. It's about fair use and freedom of expression. None of YouTube's rules or even copyright laws were violated in the discussion of the game's leaks, and even then, fair use still is always taken into consideration if copyrighted content is being used. Whereas, you know, you get hacks like Suzy Lu who don't get dinged by YouTube for blatant violation of copyright laws and fair use.

No doubt that any of the videos that have been pulled for DMCA infractions will be reinstated, conveniently, right around the time of the games release. So of course, all this is is a blatant attempt to curb the outrage and disappointment some people have over the games story that did get leaked out.
    Fair use of material that was leaked without the artist's consent seems like a highly tenuous position to me, unless one can provide legal evidence otherwise.

Fair use of material that was illegally obtained through a breach on ND servers. LMFAO, heard it all now.

- - - Updated - - -

amoral
    "I can't down vote a video cause my fav youtuber told me to!" Amoral. Oh man, are you and Rennadrel trying to 1 up each other with each additional post?

Saw all the leaks and big yikes, this game is going to be garbage. Obvious SJW stuff aside(ohh god it's all over and so obvious) killing Joel and Ellie and playing as the killer is just the biggest joke ever.
    Good for any of you who buys it and pretends to enjoy it, gotta do your part xD
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-10 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Its the same, easy, manufactured drama every time. Make a video you know will be DMCA'd on purposed, it gets DMCA'd then you get to make a drama video about how it was wrong and you are seeking legal action.

And people like him take the same bait. Every. Single. Time.

It's less believable then reality TV at this point but these people still eat that shit up.

- - - Updated - - -
    This is some insane, conspiracy theory level shit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair use of material that was leaked without the artist's consent seems like a highly tenuous position to me, unless one can provide legal evidence otherwise.
    Discussing leaked content without sharing said content, is not against the rules of YouTube or copyright law. Possessing said material? That would be a criminal offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    No one is up in arms about Ellie being gay, in fact we knew she was gay before the last of us 2 was even thought of.
    If anything, people are pretty upset that the sequel appears to be trying to turn Bury Your Gays into an act of justice and retribution and forcing the player to personally see to it.

Discussing leaked content without sharing said content, is not against the rules of YouTube or copyright law. Possessing said material? That would be a criminal offense.
    I haven't seen any hint of Sony or Google pressing criminal charges on anybody but possibly (?) the leakers so what said law says does not matter in this issue. As for Youtube being OK with content being discussed, I strongly doubt it's that cut and dry. It's not just "discussing" if you outline exactly what happened in a leaked video that blatantly violates copyright. You may not be showing it, but I find it rather disingenuous to say you're merely discussing spoilers for a game that isn't released yet, obtained because someone likely hacked ND's servers.

If you ask me this really, really isn't the same thing as showing a video of a game or movie that is already released and claiming fair use.

I haven't seen any hint of Sony or Google pressing criminal charges on anybody but possibly (?) the leakers so what said law says does not matter in this issue. As for Youtube being OK with content being discussed, I strongly doubt it's that cut and dry. It's not just "discussing" if you outline exactly what happened in a leaked video that blatantly violates copyright. You may not be showing it, but I find it rather disingenuous to say you're merely discussing spoilers for a game that isn't released yet, obtained because someone likely hacked ND's servers.

If you ask me this really, really isn't the same thing as showing a video of a game or movie that is already released and claiming fair use.
    It doesent matter what you or anybody else think. You showed like a lot of people your zero knowledge on this. Yes the youtuber click bait are easy to bait their fans with IM SUEING SONY LUL. You are equaly as baited into thinking Sony has any case.

What actually happens in most of the youtuber case is this: They talk about the leaks in their video (the amount of detail said has 0 legal value) no footages of the leak shown. A 3rd party working for sony DMCA take down said videos. A youtuber has 2 options here, remove the video or click the no thank you do your worse option(which click bait youtuber claim is sueing back). What really happen is that it sends back the msg to those company, saying: the person said he will not remove the video, you can do something. What happens in 99.9% of the cases, the company doesent do anything and remove the take down. Why do they do it? Because people get the scary "LEGAL TROUBLE" things rammed into them. So it works, it takes down videos that they legally wouldnt be able to take down, because many people just remove the video thinking there is actual actions that can be taken, EI people like you right now that think a company can sue say a news network for talking (not showing) leaked content that they are under no contract themselves to not disclose. Would remove your video, while you dont have to. The other side of the coin is all the click bait youtuber using that system to claim they are gona SUE X company, you arent doing shit, you sitting at home and clicked: i dont wanna do anything my video was legal (which it was in most cases).
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-05-10 at 05:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think valhall is a unique case, they are claiming that both male and female are canon and it will make sense in the story - so who knows. But I would be very surprised if we see them marketing the female character, bottom line is it hurts sales
    I mean does it hurt sales? How would you even determine that? Mass effect had both male and female ads and it sold pretty well and I don’t think there are enough game’s that do that to have any kind of actually consensus.