Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I really do hope the leaks were fake. I don't mind the LGBT(Alphabet gang) representation at all because it don't affect the story but the rest of the it is terrible writing....killing Joel and hunting down Ellie is just....fucked up.
    Without the full context of the narrative, you're right. It does sound fucked up. That's why knowing the narrative as a whole, rather than a few snippets from a leak without context, aren't going to give you a good idea of what it's about.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-08 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Without the full context of the narrative, you're right. It does sound fucked up. That's why knowing the narrative as a whole, rather than a few snippets from a leak without context, aren't going to give you a good idea of what it's about.
    ^True enough.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I really do hope the leaks were fake. I don't mind the LGBT(Alphabet gang) representation at all because it don't affect the story but the rest of the it is terrible writing....killing Joel and hunting down Ellie is just....fucked up.
    If the leaks were fake, why did Naughty Dog and Sony go to such lengths to try and censor people so much as talking about them? Not to mention the abhorrent violation of DMCA law. It's also hilariously convenient that none of the major gaming news outlets reported on that aspect of things, only that the leak happened.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-08 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. lawl at thinking that games or movies didn't used to be political before. honestly genuinely hysterical.
    This 100 times this. Fiction has been political since before Homer decided to recite the story about how a princess going from one kingdom to another started a 10 year war.

Nearly ALL fiction is political because politics has been in everything (Yes even if your lovely road gets paved or not, or what school your kid gets to go to is political) since humans walked the earth

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Games and movies weren't political until people like you and the person you quoted made it political.
    I wonder do you really believe this? That games/movies have only become political in say the last 30 or so years?

That things like say bioshock metal gear Deus ex ff7 didn’t exist? Even if you were to go back to only 2d games your gonna find politics likely all the way back to pong.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Nice thanks for proving my point by taking my 1 line and transforming it to fit your narrative. Prolly don't even realize the irony of your response.
    Yeah you got me mate! Good one
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    this is a personal opinion but I am honestly kinda tired of overdrawn coming out stories. I'm HAPPY that Ellie just loves who she loves and gets to live her life same as anyone else. falling in love without narrative having to bend over backwards to justify why she is falling in love with a girl and not a boy. she just exists. i LOVE that her identity and her narrative does NOT revolve around her being gay.
    I think the demand for coming of age stories in regards to gay people (otherwise they are "shoehorned in") is at least partially related to the idea that the existence of gay people is something that has to be excused or explained. Like the process of them discovering this has to be shown otherwise it's an "agenda", "pandering" and whatnot. Except like you said then the story at least partially revolves around the character being gay instead of them being gay and that's all, which makes this kind of people complain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wonder do you really believe this? That games/movies have only become political in say the last 30 or so years?

That things like say bioshock metal gear Deus ex ff7 didn’t exist? Even if you were to go back to only 2d games your gonna find politics likely all the way back to pong.
    Not to mention all the shooters that say Nazis are bad or most strategy games. But hey, they didn't have gays in them. Then again in last Wolfenstein the idea that Nazis are bad somehow became political and a travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Awesome we now have mods quoting spoilers with no tags for info that was illegally hacked.

You should have given that guy an infraction and edited out the spoilers not quoted it to highlight spoilers.

I guess you only do your job and defend trash games like anthem. If you'd infract people in that thread for reporting news then report people in this one for posting spoilers. Consistency, thanks.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-08 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah you got me mate! Good one
    Yea Totally

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome we now have mods quoting spoilers with no tags for info that was illegally hacked.

You should have given that guy an infraction and edited out the spoilers not quoted it to highlight spoilers.

I guess you only do your job and defend trash games like anthem. If you'd infract people in that thread for reporting news then report people in this one for posting spoilers. Consistency, thanks.
    Quoting leaks that are without context and may or may not be true but go ahead with your mod rant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

While true, I said the same thing for GoT season 8, and got burned when the final product was if anything even worse than what the leaks said when seen in context. Naughty Dog have earned the benefit of the doubt, but I kind of struggle to see how to tie these story beats together in a satisfying way. Joel dying was pretty much written in the sky the moment he showed up a tired old man while Ellie was a fully capable young adult, but hunting down the latter during the second half of the game? Go home Druckman, you're drunk.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing specifics from the leaks. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-08 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Quoting leaks that are without context and may or may not be true but go ahead with your mod rant.
    its not behaviour that should be promoted. Already enough drop beats without helping them along.

The source of it is irrelevant, it's part of the public discourse now for better or worse, but fair point on the spoilers. We all make mistakes, and a polite request is all it takes to fix them sometimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not to mention all the shooters that say Nazis are bad or most strategy games. But hey, they didn't have gays in them. Then again in last Wolfenstein the idea that Nazis are bad somehow became political and a travesty.
    That’s a good point I totally forgot about games that have things like nazi’s in them as it seemed pretty well accepted that nazi’s being bad wasn’t political but with all that nonsense with Wolfenstein it apparently is again.

That’s a good point I totally forgot about games that have things like nazi’s in them as it seemed pretty well accepted that nazi’s being bad wasn’t political but with all that nonsense with Wolfenstein it apparently is again.
    It was at this point I realised many gamers were or allowed themselves to be influenced by far right nutjobs. Acting as if people who were not like them were now infiltrating gaming to make it so they're pushed out or to take gaming away from them. Crying about a game built from the game up since the 1980s about killing Nazis was somehow anti them because you were killing Nazis.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Nah, games have political stories, that's always existed. The politics now is literally any combination of a characters race, gender or sexual orientation. There are plenty of people who go as far as to demand that male characters in video games should never be an option because men will always play as males (even though that isn't true). Social justice continually moves that goalpost and they'll always bitch about shit like representation for such an absurdly small part of the population, let alone the even smaller population that play games.

Nah, games have political stories, that's always existed. The politics now is literally any combination of a characters race, gender or sexual orientation. There are plenty of people who go as far as to demand that male characters in video games should never be an option because men will always play as males (even though that isn't true). Social justice continually moves that goalpost and they'll always bitch about shit like representation for such an absurdly small part of the population, let alone the even smaller population that play games.

I’ve seen this lately with the last 2 Assassin’s Creed games and its very strange. What is the problem with men choosing to play the male character?

So basically you're mad that games aren't all straight white males? LOL

"We are the majority so when games cater to us it's not politics but the second they put a woman or gay person in my game the SJWs are ruining it". LOL

Folks, this isn't the thread to discuss politics or politics in games or social issues. This is the thread to discuss TLOU2. Keep the broader discussions out of this thread, and for the most part they're not even appropriate for this forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    seems like a rather flimsy strawman you have made when its actually you in question bitching about representation and moving goal post from "games weren't political to "they were political but not in this way".

but as per the mod note ill drop it.