Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I'm not some one who really cares about sales at all but if uncharted sold 2mil in the week and the last of us sold 4mil in the first three days with a 50% and 80% drop off that would put there following sales more or less in the same range with LOU2 losing more as it had a higher peak but averaging out at about the same place as uncharted give or take.
    Not sure what sales have to do with their actual quality, for one thing, but probably worth noting that nobody had to objectively misrepresent the content of Uncharted 4 out of obvious concern that a more direct indication of the plot would hurt sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    In the first five minutes, he misrepresents the main argument. And focusing on the bad parts.

It would be difficult EVEN FOR A MAN, to build significant muscle mass in an zombie apocalypse. If Abby was a muscle bound man, I would have the same problem as I do with her physique, because it is unlikely and unreasonable for it to be. It requires more than just muscle mass, it is a lifestyle that is difficult. AND ON TOP OF IT ALL, her being muscular only really serves to show how weak she became at the end, it wasn't needed it the story, it wasn't referenced that I can recall.

Does he ever address that and if so when, because I am not sitting through a childish strawman mocking other idiots. I want an actual address to the arguments.
    I don't really care about Abby's physique overall. In a sense, it's less that she's false for the mythology; if there's a problem it's that it's wrong for the aesthetic of the game. She is physically min/maxed in a way that you'd expect in a superhero game. Everybody else is in "TLOU" and she's in "Injustice".

But all that is such spurious bullshit. Making a video acting like her physique is anyone's frontline, first principles problem with the game is just a sign of a video made by an ignorant jackass who can't make a real argument.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Not sure what sales have to do with their actual quality, for one thing, but probably worth noting that nobody had to objectively misrepresent the content of Uncharted 4 out of obvious concern that a more direct indication of the plot would hurt sales.
    You were replying to a post about such things so if you were trying to make a link to it having a lower drop off due to it being better then it would make sense to put the drop off in the right context which puts them at about the same amount of post launch spike sales give or take.

As to misrepresentation I can’t say I’ve ever given uncharted a first look let alone a second so I can’t speak to it at all other then just looking up the numbers real quick.

But all that is such spurious bullshit. Making a video acting like her physique is anyone's frontline, first principles problem with the game is just a sign of a video made by an ignorant jackass who can't make a real argument.
    I'd encourage you to watch the whole video because he does address this; but apparently even the idea of challenging your viewpoint is offensive so I do realize this is a tall task to ask of you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd encourage you to watch the whole video because he does address this; but apparently even the idea of challenging your viewpoint is offensive so I do realize this is a tall task to ask of you.
    It's ironic Jim Sterling was his hero when he thought he was making fun of the game for the twitter beef and dumb Schindler's list comparison. But now he is an "ignorant jackass". He is the definition of heated gamer moment.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the first five minutes, he misrepresents the main argument. And focusing on the bad parts.

It would be difficult EVEN FOR A MAN, to build significant muscle mass in an zombie apocalypse. If Abby was a muscle bound man, I would have the same problem as I do with her physique, because it is unlikely and unreasonable for it to be. It requires more than just muscle mass, it is a lifestyle that is difficult. AND ON TOP OF IT ALL, her being muscular only really serves to show how weak she became at the end, it wasn't needed it the story, it wasn't referenced that I can recall.

Does he ever address that and if so when, because I am not sitting through a childish strawman mocking other idiots. I want an actual address to the arguments.
    The same logic is also applied to Joel, since he is fairly muscular, especially for a man in his 40's. Both are unrealistic, in relation to the environment that the games are set in. Joel could be strong without being muscular, but he'd be more in line with Abby's appearance. For a game that pretends to be realistic, it sure fails at realism in it's character designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You were replying to a post about such things so if you were trying to make a link to it having a lower drop off due to it being better then it would make sense to put the drop off in the right context which puts them at about the same amount of post launch spike sales give or take.

As to misrepresentation I can’t say I’ve ever given uncharted a first look let alone a second so I can’t speak to it at all other then just looking up the numbers real quick.
    Well, if it helped, ND never felt obliged to swap character models and have actors record other characters lines to doctor up a scene, use that scene as the "money shot" of their trailer to get people screaming with excitement at conventions and on streams with, all while knowing the moment depicted doesn't happen and the character they used to get those cheers with is long dead before it was supposed to happen.

Has anyone found even a single play through where Ellie meeting Jesse is met with a smile? Even a wry smile? Or isn't it pretty unanimously "oh, that's what you did" - at the polite end?

If it were were anyone's time or energy to enrage the multinational megacorporation over $60, a false advertising claim would succeed for anyone who got to that moment, quit playing, and filed it because of the deception.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want intellectual engagement, spending minutes of bedazzled spectacle dunking on your straw argument is not the way to go. Sorry, Jim!

If you want intellectual engagement, spending minutes of bedazzled spectacle dunking on your straw argument is not the way to go. Sorry, Jim!
    Brother, he spent the better part of the video arguing that even making the video was kinda pointless because galaxy brains like you would simply dismiss the entire fucking thing and continue using the same flawed reasoning to support the same flawed arguments. You know, kind of exactly what you're doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's ironic Jim Sterling was his hero when he thought he was making fun of the game for the twitter beef and dumb Schindler's list comparison. But now he is an "ignorant jackass". He is the definition of heated gamer moment.
    I don't even know who tf he is. Hero? Citation needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother, he spent the better part of the video arguing that even making the video was kinda pointless because galaxy brains like you would simply dismiss the entire fucking thing and continue using the same flawed reasoning to support the same flawed arguments. You know, kind of exactly what you're doing here.
    "Galaxy Brains" know that prefacing your rubbish argument with a disclaimer that "people who don't agree will just dismiss this" doesn't mean that the dismissal is without merit, or that the argument isn't likely to be shit. Why don't you give me a timestamp to go to where he starts making arguments that aren't just stuff he's making up to have an argument with - like that Abby's physique is a primary objection people who didn't like the game have - and I'll give it another chance. Knives in hand.

I don't even know who tf he is. Hero? Citation needed.

- - - Updated - - -

"Galaxy Brains" know that prefacing your rubbish argument with a disclaimer that "people who don't agree will just dismiss this" doesn't mean that the dismissal is without merit, or that the argument isn't likely to be shit. Why don't you give me a timestamp to go to where he starts making arguments that aren't just stuff he's making up to have an argument with - like that Abby's physique is a primary objection people who didn't like the game have - and I'll give it another chance. Knives in hand.
    Just watch the fucking video bro. Or don't, but don't complain about a fucking video that you're too fucking lazy to even watch. Holy shit.

Just watch the fucking video bro. Or don't, but don't complain about a fucking video that you're too fucking lazy to even watch. Holy shit.
    Didn't complain, just mocked. If I can get 20% + into your video essay without a single cogent, valid point being made, that's the author's fault, not the audience.

Didn't complain, just mocked. If I can get 20% + into your video essay without a single cogent, valid point being made, that's the author's fault, not the audience.
    It's a fucking YT video not a college dissertation my dude. You can ascribe weird fucking rules to videos if you want, that's fine; but realize it takes a special kind of somebody to dismiss an entire video because you dislike the assertions made at the beginning of it then ask for fucking timestamps later as if it's somebody else's job to convince you to change your perspective.

And yet you've posted longer and more easily debunked videos in this very thread which were attacking the game. If you expect people to sit through your bullshit. Then you can have the same courtesy.

citation needed.

I'm curious how any that I posted were 'debunked' by all the people whom as far as I recall barely acknowledged they'd been linked at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it helped, ND never felt obliged to swap character models and have actors record other characters lines to doctor up a scene, use that scene as the "money shot" of their trailer to get people screaming with excitement at conventions and on streams with, all while knowing the moment depicted doesn't happen and the character they used to get those cheers with is long dead before it was supposed to happen.

Has anyone found even a single play through where Ellie meeting Jesse is met with a smile? Even a wry smile? Or isn't it pretty unanimously "oh, that's what you did" - at the polite end?

If it were were anyone's time or energy to enrage the multinational megacorporation over $60, a false advertising claim would succeed for anyone who got to that moment, quit playing, and filed it because of the deception.
    Can’t speak to rather uncharted did any thing similar as again I’ve never given the series even a glance.

As to what letsplayers/streamers think of any given scene I can’t say I could care less as I don’t watch any and just judge games for my self.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The same logic is also applied to Joel, since he is fairly muscular, especially for a man in his 40's. Both are unrealistic, in relation to the environment that the games are set in. Joel could be strong without being muscular, but he'd be more in line with Abby's appearance. For a game that pretends to be realistic, it sure fails at realism in it's character designs.
    Not really. He isn't to a point of where it begins to go beyond realism for the world. Abby's physique is built on a female BODY BUILDER, Joel's isn't a male body builder. Joel therefor is more reasonable by comparison. You are comparing a reasonably muscular design for a man, to a female body builder and going "They are the same."

Though I would say Joel is on the cusp or just over, but not glaring over.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Jims video was spot on as always.

Joel is hench tbf, and he lived in a shitty government bcompound with shit facilities and people fighting over resources. At least Abby had a compound with adequate agriculture and livestock.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. He isn't to a point of where it begins to go beyond realism for the world. Abby's physique is built on a female BODY BUILDER, Joel's isn't a male body builder. Joel therefor is more reasonable by comparison. You are comparing a reasonably muscular design for a man, to a female body builder and going "They are the same."

Though I would say Joel is on the cusp or just over, but not glaring over.
    And yet, no woman who is a body builder looks like Christine Focht without steroids, which I can 100% guarantee she does, like most body builders do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And yet, no woman who is a body builder looks like Christine Focht without steroids, which I can 100% guarantee she does, like most body builders do.
    It's the post-apocalypse, maybe Abby raided a cache of steroids at a pharmacy or hospital. Since they were expired, they turned him into a hideous mutant as well as being super ripped.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    It's the post-apocalypse, maybe Abby raided a cache of steroids at a pharmacy or hospital. Since they were expired, they turned him into a hideous mutant as well as being super ripped.
    But using steroids to grow muscle mass more than humanely necessary in a post-apocalyptic world is IDIOTIC. More muscles => need more food. It's not just steroids - she must have eaten like an elephant, I doubt there were enough whey caches to raid and then give it all to Abby. Just plain stupid.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But using steroids to grow muscle mass more than humanely necessary in a post-apocalyptic world is IDIOTIC. More muscles => need more food. It's not just steroids - she must have eaten like an elephant, I doubt there were enough whey caches to raid and then give it all to Abby. Just plain stupid.
    It's a world of cannibals, so maybe he's eating other super ripped roided up dudes offcamera all the time. That would give high protein gains, and the load of roids he needs?